Christ Follower?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
Hey, I've been around this great "internets" of our's, and I have stumbled across something rather perculiar. I'm sure most of you have heard of it. A Christ Follower. I have seen many rants against me and Christianity saying that Christians are "r3t4rd3d" and you should be a Christ Follower instead.What is the difference between a Christian and a Christ Follower?

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
A Christian should also be a 'Christ follower.' In John a follower of Christ was a disciple and someone who followed His commandments of love: Mat 22:37, Mat 22:39, Joh 13:34- 35, Joh 14:15, Joh 14:21. There are many other verses like these. There is a new idea that Christianity equals churchianity and has nothing to do with Jesus. The ones thinking this tend to class anyone who calls themselves 'Christian' as unbelievers. I don't hold with this. Even though the bible only uses the word 'Christian' a few times it is used and is a biblical word, term and idea. The following website may give you some help with this new idea: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/bl...=1&more=1&p=444. Hope this helps.

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
Ah I get it now.Thanks
smile.gif

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(MWM;44401)
Hey, I've been around this great "internets" of our's, and I have stumbled across something rather perculiar. I'm sure most of you have heard of it. A Christ Follower. I have seen many rants against me and Christianity saying that Christians are "r3t4rd3d" and you should be a Christ Follower instead.What is the difference between a Christian and a Christ Follower?
What is "r3t4rd3d"? Or is it something I don't want to know? Of course, I'm a follower of Christ Jesus. The only alternative is to be a follower of satan.

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
What is "r3t4rd3d"?
lol. Sorry for the mis understanding. I was just impersonating the average internet user. The term is "Retarded", and it was spelt carelessly.
smile.gif

Or is it something I don't want to know? Of course, I'm a follower of Christ Jesus. The only alternative is to be a follower of satan.
True that.
smile.gif

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
To be Christian is to love yourself ,to love your fellow being, to love your God ...to love Jesus Christ.So it is our belief to be followers of Christ
smile.gif
smile.gif
Take care...

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
As Christians we are Disciples of Christ, or followers. I think people are saying this because in America, the word Christianity has no meaning any more. Everyone is a "Christian". We know this is not true. But really, "followers" is even more vague I think.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Mikey;44875)
As Christians we are Disciples of Christ, or followers. I think people are saying this because in America, the word Christianity has no meaning any more. Everyone is a "Christian". We know this is not true. But really, "followers" is even more vague I think.
To me "following" means that Christ is leading the way. I'm trying to live His way and not my own. All through life in every aspect of it, some are leaders and some followers. Without the followers, the work would seldom get done. I had a supervisor once who told me, "I'm a supervisor; I don't have to work." That was when we were short-handed, and his help would have been appreciated. I have always had more respect for leaders who pitch in and help when it's needed than I do for those who sit back and say, "I'm the boss; I don't have to work." Even Jesus humbled Himself.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(followerofchrist;44438)
Christ Follower...what a peculiar name haha I prefer my name
yes I agree:) followerI think this is spurred by many things people tend to equate Christian with churches and denominations are the problem in Christianity if it weren't for the teachings of denominations everyone would have an easier time understanding Gods Word but so many denominations have compromised and turned to what I term fast food religion (or milk) that no one is getting fed the meat of Gods Word and to learn it many times you have to unlearn what men have taught you sense childhood. The churches/synagogues of Jesus day were the same remember the money tables Jesus tipped over? He didn't have much use for teachings of men either. The fact is most denominations are a business and are in it for the money. We have some good churchesbut the guys at the top are concerned with the bottom line of moneypraise be to those pastors,ministers,teachers that teach truth regardless of what the big boys say. But there's another aspect here and that's all these books like the "Purpose Drivin Life" and others that teach God/Christ but they aren't biblical eitherSo many people call themselves Christ followers because they follow these books but are they truly following Christ? To just not claim a denomination doesn't make one a Christ followerthere is only one correct answer and that is Gods Word I say go to your church's but always remember No denomination is all right Never put your Religions teachings or Name above the Word of GodGods Word trumps all men's Words even if we must learn to see the errors in our church's doesn't mean we cant love them just we shouldn't be blind to their shortcomings. All denominations are of men for men and sense all men fall short in reflects in our religions. Its just the way it is.So Stay in his Word always

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
IMHO John 13:34-35 tells us how to know we are His: I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another. By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another. It doesn't say if 'if we agree with them or not' but that we should love the brethren. If we do this and follow His commandments to love God and others then we will be Christ followers. Walking in love as Jesus did makes us Christ followers. This doesn't mean we will always get it right but if we slip up then we can ask forgiveness to get right with God again. God knows we won't get it perfectly right every time but if our heart is striving to get it right every time then God will judge us on our heart not our mistakes.