Christ is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One script

Nope, Christ is God manifest in the flesh..Thomas..ho Kurion mou KAI ho Theon mou...two Definite articles, not a confession of surprise but of conviction that Mashiach IS God Barney @Ziggy

I'm not going to deny scriptures such as John 17:3 and John 20:17. The apostle Paul was inspired to testify, at 1 Corinthians 11:3, to the inferior position that the resurrected Jesus Christ holds in heaven with respect to his Father, saying: “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.” If Jesus Christ were God, he would have no one as head over him, especially after returning to the heavens. This scripture is showing that God has no head, but man,woman and Jesus Christ do.
Further showing Jesus subjection to God after ascending to heaven, 1 Corinthians 15:28 states: “When all things shall be subdued unto him, then the Son also himself shall be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.” God isn't subject to anyone. The fact that the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ has someone who has more authority than he does and he answers to that authority is proof that Jesus isn't God. God isn't subject to no one and answers to no one. You don't want to believe that it was the Only Begotten Son of God that came to mankind as a human and died for mankind and you choose to deny that it was Jesus Father and God who resurrected him three days later, so be it, It's your right to believe that.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Is In ... the bosom of the Father.
not was, not will be, but is.

Where did Jesus come from? Not Joseph. But he got his physical body from Mary.
But where did Jesus come from?
For God so... LOVED .. the world.
Where does love come from?

When God said, Let there be Light, where did the Light come from?
Where does God's Word come from?

Does God have a heart?

What is annointed?
What does it mean to be annointed?

Jhn 9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
Jhn 9:11 He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

This is really cool if you look at it.

Jesus made clay. God created man from the dust. Jesus spit on the dirt. God breathed into man's nostrils.

What gives this clay any special properties to be considered anointment? What gave this clay the ability to make the blind man see?
What is in the breath of God that gives man life?

Is the power of God in the spit? Is the power of God in the breath?
Does God have this spit in himself? Where does God's breath come from?

Where did Jesus come from? Is he not the seed of God?
It's interesting in science how we can watch a seed form into a zygot into a fetus into a baby.
But what we can't see is how the life in the seed forms into the spirit in a man.
We can see the coating but we can't see the kernal.

The bible tells us that God took his seed and placed it into Mary's womb.
Mary gave birth to the clay, but within the clay was God's word, his spirit, his life, his love, his compassion, his heart.
Father in heaven, does he still have in himself, his word, his spirit, his love, his compassion, his heart?
God poured out himself into the clay. God spat on the ground. God breathed into us life.
Does God still have this life within himself? And yet we have life?
Did the Father give up his own life when he put his life into the clay?
Or did he put some of his life into the clay?
Is the Father's life and the clay's life, the same life?
What about the Father's spirit? Did he put his spirit in the clay?
Is the Father's spirit still in him in heaven and on earth in the clay at the same time?

The physical body of Jesus is the chaff. Unless you can find a way to look beyond the coating, you won't be able to see the seed.
Unless you go to the pool of Siloam and wash off the clay from your eyes, you won't be able to see.

Jesus is in the heart of the Father, God broke his heart and gave us his love in the form of bread.
This bread, is the bread of life. And this bread is the word of God, that came in the flesh to feed us of himself.

What is the anointing?

Life is in the .... blood.
And his own anointing blood washed us from our sins. Both external sins we do in the flesh, and internal sins that come from... the heart.

God poured out his spirit, Jesus poured out his blood.
For God so loved the world, and that love was in the clay which Mary bore and became a man, named Jesus.

Good Morning Friends!
iu

HUGS

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ has someone who has more authority than he does and he answers to that authority is proof that Jesus isn't God. God isn't subject to no one and answers to no one.
I pray that heaven reveal to you the meaning of the virgin birth.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm not going to deny scriptures such as John 17:3 and John 20:17. The apostle Paul was inspired to testify, at 1 Corinthians 11:3, to the inferior position that the resurrected Jesus Christ holds in heaven with respect to his Father, saying: “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.” If Jesus Christ were God, he would have no one as head over him, especially after returning to the heavens. This scripture is showing that God has no head, but man,woman and Jesus Christ do.
Further showing Jesus subjection to God after ascending to heaven, 1 Corinthians 15:28 states: “When all things shall be subdued unto him, then the Son also himself shall be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.” God isn't subject to anyone. The fact that the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ has someone who has more authority than he does and he answers to that authority is proof that Jesus isn't God. God isn't subject to no one and answers to no one. You don't want to believe that it was the Only Begotten Son of God that came to mankind as a human and died for mankind and you choose to deny that it was Jesus Father and God who resurrected him three days later, so be it, It's your right to believe that.
Barney, ever read this portion?

Pro 8:22 R19“The LORD R20possessedN1 me at the beginning of his work,N2 the first of his acts R21of old.
Pro 8:23 Ages ago I was R22set up, at the first, R23before the beginning of the earth.
Pro 8:24 When there were no R24depths I was R25brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water.
Pro 8:25 Before the mountains R26had been shaped, R1before the hills, I was brought forth,
Pro 8:26 before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world.
Pro 8:27 When he R2established the heavens, I was there; when he drew R3a circle on the face of the deep,
Pro 8:28 when he R4made firm the skies above, when he establishedN1 the fountains of the deep,
Pro 8:29 when he R5assigned to the sea its R6limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out R7the foundations of the earth,
Pro 8:30 then R8I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily hisN1 R9delight, rejoicing before him always,
Pro 8:31 R10rejoicing in his R11inhabited world and delighting in the children of man.
Who was WITH who?
Sorry, I used the ESV version...if that is alright with you

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Barney, how do you understand this portion of Scripture?

Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Php 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb_1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Act_10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Isa_61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;...
Amen Joe! You nailed it sir.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johann, welcome to the site.

Are you a Messianic Jew and/or even a Zionist Jew who follows the Babylonian Talmud and other non-Biblical text?

Your source supplied is not reliable as it twists scripture to fit it to a false and misleading religion.

The writer takes liberty in inserting into scripture new meanings. It uses verses to prove that God the LORD = Yahshua, the Son of God

It is a gross and ignorant err.

For example, he uses Jeremiah 23:6 to show this claim.

'This is the name by which he will be called…the Lord our Righteousness.' (NIV)

When a title is given to a person it is usually given for a purpose and adds or attaches a purpose say to the object of worship. Even a person's surname implies a purpose and is associated with an action, characteristic or purpose of the original author of the name.

In this case it is YHWH as the object of worship, and he is the source, the one and only object of worship. And in scripture the writers do the same thing and associate a strong distinctive sense of association with YHWH, and the title is NEVER/NOT YHWH.

Jerusalem is also called 'the Lord (LORD) our Righteousness,' and Jerusalem is obviously not God (Jer. 33:16). And it does not make IT YHWH.

Another example, Abraham called the mountain on which he was about to sacrifice Isaac 'the Lord (LORD) will provide,' and no one would believe that the mountain was YHWH of course.

Moses said in Exodus 17:15, 'the Lord (LORD) is my Banner' when he built an alter to him. The altar is not YHWH.

Gideon then built an altar and called it 'the LORD is Peace': 'So Gideon built an altar to the Lord there and called it ‘The Lord is Peace.’ To this day it stands in Ophrah of the Abiezrites' (Judges 6:24). The altar was not YHWH.

The lesson here is that even though scripture says something or even someone (Christ, or even an angel with Abraham) is called or associated with YHWH or referred to as LORD, does not make it or that person YHWH or LORD.

As for Yahshua or Jesus the Messiah, he will be called (NOT WILL BE) 'the Lord our Righteousness' because God Almighty will work His righteousness through His anointed him.

The city of Jerusalem will also BE CALLED 'the Lord our Righteousness' because YHWH the Father will work His righteousness THERE, at that location, and that righteousness will reach over the entire world. Christ is called Immanuel, Christ is not actually YHWH, he is called YHWH is with us, as people even in the OT used the same expression when then felt or associated his presence with them especially before and during a battle.

Blessing, APAK

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Johann, welcome to the the site.

Are you a Messianic Jew and/or even a Zionist Jew who follows the Babylonian Talmud and other non-Biblical text?

No APAK, I am not a Messianic Jew nor a Zionist Jew, I do not follow the Babylonian Talmud or Rambamic writings...I follow Christ Jesus, Him only.
Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, ever read this portion?

Pro 8:22 R19“The LORD R20possessedN1 me at the beginning of his work,N2 the first of his acts R21of old.
Pro 8:23 Ages ago I was R22set up, at the first, R23before the beginning of the earth.
Pro 8:24 When there were no R24depths I was R25brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water.
Pro 8:25 Before the mountains R26had been shaped, R1before the hills, I was brought forth,
Pro 8:26 before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world.
Pro 8:27 When he R2established the heavens, I was there; when he drew R3a circle on the face of the deep,
Pro 8:28 when he R4made firm the skies above, when he establishedN1 the fountains of the deep,
Pro 8:29 when he R5assigned to the sea its R6limit, so that the waters might not transgress his command, when he marked out R7the foundations of the earth,
Pro 8:30 then R8I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily hisN1 R9delight, rejoicing before him always,
Pro 8:31 R10rejoicing in his R11inhabited world and delighting in the children of man.
Who was WITH who?
Sorry, I used the ESV version...if that is alright with you

These scriptures are saying to us that YHWH God brought into existence his Only Begotten Son.

Reactions: APAK

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your source supplied is not reliable as it twists scripture to fit it to a false and misleading religion.
I guess you have the take it up to One for Israel then, I find them very reliable
Blessings
Johann

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the image of the invisible God.

Colossians 1:15 KJV
[15] Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
It needs to be seen that this Devine creation we are all a part of begins with Christ at conception. Christ is the first born of God. ( first to receive the breath of life)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
These scriptures are saying to us that YHWH God brought into existence his Only Begotten Son.
Your doctrine is erroneous Barney, look at Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Pros, a little word packed with meaning..do look it up Barney...God WITH God, face to face, in active, intimate fellowship with each other

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Christ is the first born of God. ( first to receive the breath of life)
Your doctrine is erroneous Barney, I have given you the scriptures...you need to study "first born"
1Pe_2:2 Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—

2Ti_2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Blessings

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, how do you understand this portion of Scripture?

Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Php 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

At the scriptures Philippians 2:2-4 Paul tells fellow believers (Christians): "make my joy full by being of the same mind and having the same love, being completely united, having the one thought in mind. Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with humility consider others superior to you, as you look out not only for your own interests, but also for the interests of others."
What Paul is saying here is that Christians are to be humble, none of us are to think ourselves superior to someone else but all individual Christians are to think that others are superior to them and we all are to be likeminded in respect to that humility. Then Paul goes on to show us the example in this kind of humility we are to follow when he is inspired to write Philippians 2:5,6: "Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God." What Paul was inspired to write here is that although the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ was in Gods form he never snatched at the idea that he was equal to God. This example of humility is what the apostle Paul was telling fellow believers (Christians) to follow.
Also Philippians 2:11 says: "every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." This is in agreement with 1Corinthians 11:3; and 1Corinthians 15:28 which show that all authority has been given to Gods Only Begotten Son that all things and everyone except the Father and God of Jesus has been made subject to Jesus. Everyone in creation has a head, someone they answer to, except the Father and God of Jesus Christ.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
except the Father and God of Jesus Christ.
...except the Father and Elohim of Jesus Christ?
Barney, I have given you ample scripture to prove that Christ Jesus is God, the onus is on you to believe what stands written, Perfect tense, or else reject it.
The Deity of our blessed Lord God and Savior Christ Jesus is under attack dear friend.
Blessings

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your doctrine is erroneous Barney, I have given you the scriptures...you need to study "first born"
1Pe_2:2 Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—

2Ti_2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Blessings

I understand what firstborn means, I'm wondering if you do, are you saying you don't believe Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God but instead believe him to be God?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...except the Father and Elohim of Jesus Christ?
Barney, I have given you ample scripture to prove that Christ Jesus is God, the onus is on you to believe what stands written, Perfect tense, or else reject it.
The Deity of our blessed Lord God and Savior Christ Jesus is under attack dear friend.
Blessings

You don't want to believe Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God, then don't. You have the right to believe what you want. I will continue not believing John 3:16; John 17:3 and John 20:17 as well as many other scriptures. You want to believe Jesus lied when he stated John 17:3 and John 20:17 you go ahead and do that, I'm not.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you have the take it up to One for Israel then, I find them very reliable
Blessings
Johann
Now that is not really answering my post is it? No need to then as I believe you got my message.

And yes again, that source of yours is not reliable Johann. I could really dissect it more thoroughly although I suspect my time effort will not be appreciated.

And according to scripture, what is Israel since Christ, and today Johann? thanks