Christ is Our Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that we become like Christ?
How do you see this question?

Accept for Jesus Christ

Remember, the goal of a Christian is to become like Christ and the Father—to become perfect as God is perfect (Matt. 5:48).

What if a person dies before perfection has been achieved? Did such a person fail? Is one lost because he or she did not become completely perfect in this life?

No human being will ever become absolutely perfect while still in the flesh. He should always continue to seek to be—strive to be—like Christ throughout his life.

Which is another issue of becoming Born Again.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you see this question?

Accept for Jesus Christ

Remember, the goal of a Christian is to become like Christ and the Father—to become perfect as God is perfect (Matt. 5:48).

What if a person dies before perfection has been achieved? Did such a person fail? Is one lost because he or she did not become completely perfect in this life?

No human being will ever become absolutely perfect while still in the flesh. He should always continue to seek to be—strive to be—like Christ throughout his life.

Which is another issue of becoming Born Again.
Spiritually speaking, we are already perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Physically, we are still sinners, Romans 7:7-25. As long as we are still here on this sinful planet in our unredeemed Adamic bodies we will sin, Romans 8:23.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually speaking, we are already perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Physically, we are still sinners, Romans 7:7-25. As long as we are still here on this sinful planet in our unredeemed Adamic bodies we will sin, Romans 8:23.

Romans 6:1-2​

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Read full chapter

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 6:1-2​

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Read full chapter
There are two different kinds of sins.

There is the sin that we are born into, which we cannot do anything about. Psalm 51:5. And then there is the sin that we deliberately do.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a problem with people that profess to be Christians and live like the devil.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kind of like the OP but was Christ "accepted" back into heaven or did He ascend back into heaven.

Maybe I am just arguing over semantics, if so forget it! But 'accepted' really seem to portray what was happening then wrong!

When asked by Pilate if He was a king He boldly explained that He was a king, but that His kingdom was not of this realm. So yeah, a heavenly kingdom is what Jesus was over, but if so then was the KING OF KINGS "accepted" back into His kingdom or was He expected back into His Kingdom? I think He was expected back, per that plan of God, and I also think there was rejoicing upon the completion of His task, as set forth by His Father.

Which brings me to another concern in the OP - but maybe I am over concern about this:

It kind of goes to Rom 10 where it is written to not say in our hearts 'who will ascend into heaven' for that is to bring Christ down.

What I am wondering about, and perhaps it is not a concern in this case, is are we considering Him to be in some far off place called heaven?
Didn't He also say that He would never leave us? And also He said something about the Kingdom of God being in our midst.

So while I recognize that He did ascend into heaven and to again sit on His throne - The throne of God - with His Father, I also and more importantly consider that Kingdom to be in my midst! Even to the point of being able to talk to Him and any time.

Ok - maybe I am making a mountain out of a mole hill, so to speak, but is not the real mountain of God found within me? So if indeed He was accepted into any place, that place is in my heart, right?

It is not like the King is "accepted" back to His Kingdom, in my way of thinking. He was always the King!! So I see Him coming back to His throne as like that of a conquering hero! And so I view me as the one who needs to accept Him even as my conquering hero, hoping that He will take of His rightful authority in my life. And I think He must have to some extent - maybe only to the extent I let Him - because I do hear from Him and instructions He gives to me, at least when I decide to listen to Him. And I hear those instructions coming from inside me. So if He is in heaven and on the throne next to His Father, He Kingdom and throne must be somehow in me, because that is where the instructions come from, right?

So what was Paul actually meaning when he wrote:

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

Was it some point in the future, or was Paul talking about NOW?

Is not Today the day He appears to us and talks with us, giving us the words of God which He, The Word of God, owns?

So it is not just that we are in Him, but also that He (and His Kingdom) is within us also, right?

Jn 17:21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may [fn]believe that You sent Me.

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),
Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

So while I do think it nice to view me as being part of the Kingdom of God and under the King, I more often think of the Kingdom of God, including the King, as being part of me and in me. That is where I find the King and His Kingdom - in my midst.

So the Word of God is found in me by me, and Jesus said His words were spirit and were life. So for me and my perspective, I don't so much look to heaven as I look inside me for heaven.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All scriptures must be rightly divided, the point is to take His yoke upon ourselves and learn of Him.

Humm - All scriptures must be rightly divided, but is listening and learning from Him our "yoke"???

The work is not listening and learning from Him!!

The yoke comes from working with Him!!

And His work is that all should come to know Him, the Son and our Lord Jesus Christ.

It takes me time and effort, even time that is important for me, in order to try and get people to actually listen to Him.

Yet actually walking and talking with Him is a pleasure!! It is my rest and enjoyment, not my work or "Yoke".

So I can not understand how anyone could think that learning from Him is work? Are they trying to know and learn from Him by putting in some great effort, like trying to read their Bible on their own and understand it by leaning on their own understanding instead of just walking and talking to Him?

Humm?

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humm - All scriptures must be rightly divided, but is listening and learning from Him our "yoke"???

The work is not listening and learning from Him!!

The yoke comes from working with Him!!

And His work is that all should come to know Him, the Son and our Lord Jesus Christ.

It takes me time and effort, even time that is important for me, in order to try and get people to actually listen to Him.

Yet actually walking and talking with Him is a pleasure!! It is my rest and enjoyment, not my work or "Yoke".

So I can not understand how anyone could think that learning from Him is work? Are they trying to know and learn from Him by putting in some great effort, like trying to read their Bible on their own and understand it by leaning on their own understanding instead of just walking and talking to Him?

Humm?
Great Karl, Work out your salvation with fear trembling.

Love, Walter

Reactions: Karl Peters

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Works are not an indication of faith.

Agree.

One “Works” is precisely “expressly” between ONE man and God, Knowledge of Faith; Which IS that mans Belief in his heart, in the Lord God Almighty.

One “Service” is precisely “expressly” between ONE man and God, Confession of that mans Belief in his Heart.

ALL “works” that a man DOES to Glorify God, are NOT “indications” of Faith,
But rather “ARE” “express” “DEBTS” unto God, for which God Himself has Promised to pay His “debt”, with “rewards”….also called “treasures stored up in Heaven”…
And given men, “when the Lord Returns”.

Glory to God,
Taken

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Karl, Work out your salvation with fear trembling.

Love, Walter

Ps 66:16 Come and hear, all who fear God,
And I will tell of what He has done for my soul.

If indeed we fear God we then listen to Him, right?

And God is love, right?

Yet I still meet Christian who do not fear God enough to even listen to Him - and what does that show - and how can that be?

In fact is it not true that if a person does actually fear God they will listen to what He has to say to them?

Indeed, I personally don't think I fear God enough because I don't listen to Him enough even Today. Yet I usually hear from Him a dozen times a day, and He even sends His angels to watch over me and minister to me also. So perhaps I do fear Him, at least enough to understand that God is love, but maybe or maybe not enough. But I hear from Him and we walk together.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And God is love, right?

Yet I still meet Christian who do not fear God enough to even listen to Him - and what does that show - and how can that be?

In fact is it not true that if a person does actually fear God they will listen to what He has to say to them?

Indeed, I personally don't think I fear God enough because I don't listen to Him enough even Today. Yet I usually hear from Him a dozen times a day, and He even sends His angels to watch over me and minister to me also. So perhaps I do fear Him, at least enough to understand that God is love, but maybe or maybe not enough. But I hear from Him and we walk together.
If you decide to sin against him and you appear to be departing from the faith you will hear from him, and it will not be pleasant, Hebrews 12:4-13.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And God is love, right?

Hi Karl, Whether you fear Him enough or not is really based on your true calling from GOD. Proverbs 9:10

Love, Walter

Last edited: