Christ is Our Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote, "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

When God accepted Jesus back into heaven, we were accepted in him because our humanity was constituted in him. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17. Spiritually, we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven. Our salvation is in a very safe place at the right hand of God in heaven.

Here is a poem that I found in Verdict Publications some time ago. Verdict was a theological magazine that was supported by many prominent Christian scholars. The purpose of Verdict was to magnify the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ and all that it called into question. The publisher of Verdict, Robert D. Brinsmead died last year. I was a subscriber and supporter of Verdict for over 20 years.

My Life
When I contemplate this Life of mine-
This one faultless Life, the Man divine
Who lived in my stead-by faith I see
This life has fulfilled the law for me.
This history-pure, without a spot-
Was wrought out for me, oh blessed thought!
And when on the cross my Savior died,
IN HIM my sinful flesh was crucified.
IN HIM my guilt was buried, put away.
IN HIM I was raised one glorious day.
IN HIM I sat down at God's right hand.
Now perfect and pure IN CHRIST I stand.
Now all things are ready- "It is done."
I come to the marriage through the Son-
Come boldly without fear or shame,
For I may draw near in Jesus' name
His righteousness meets the law's demands.
My savior holds out his wounded hands.
Though I be wretched, poor, and blind,
In Christ not a stain the law can find;
So I need not fear how God views me,
For Christ's life is all that He can see.
Christ's birth, life, and death stand in my place.
I witness in awe such boundless grace.
Above human thought, my Father's plan
That he should accept me in this Man
My substitute, Surety, Lord is He;
Amazing His love beyond degree!

Author is unknown. Possibly composed in the 1800's.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote, "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Wonderful scripture that plainly tells us salvation is by grace (God's goodness) through faith alone.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote, "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Wonderful scripture that plainly tells us salvation is by grace (God's goodness) through faith alone.
How are you feeling today ?

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God accepted Jesus back into heaven, we were accepted in him because our humanity was constituted in him. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17. Spiritually, we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven. Our salvation is in a very safe place at the right hand of God in heaven.
Hi Robert, Where on earth did you get this from?

Love, Walter

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote, "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

Amen

James 1:5

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Reactions: Nancy

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the Bible, Colossians 3:3-4.
Yes Robert, In the beginning, the statement you quoted, seemed as though you were saying you are Paul, as he said: "IF" any, in which you have the same revelation? Let me ask you this, do you have that same spirit that he had of Christ, from the question Paul is asking? and in Colossians 3:3-4

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, Also, Faith without works is dead being alone,

James 2:14-26

Faith Proves Itself By Works​

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

James 2:14-26​

Faith Proves Itself By Works​

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie
Please see my new article, "The Simplicity of the Gospel". James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is someone that believes in Jesus but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses. There were many Judaizers in the early. I am sure that James came into the truth at a later date.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Your verse is not teaching that Salvation is dead.
It says that faith, is Dead...
And James teaches this as..>"i will show YOU my Faith, by my WORKS"..

He does not say, or teach..>"I will show GOD my Faith", as God has already accepted our faith, and the proof is that we are born again.
'We dont try to keep faith, to try to stay born again., as its already happened.

So, this "dead faith" is not related to salvation, its related to discipleship., and James is teaching that OTHERS will see you and know you as a CHRISTian, by your "works",

This is why James says...>" I will show YOU my FAITH...by my WORKS"..

Now....Heretics teach this junk. = "Dead faith means you lost your salvation".
So, be sure to note that heretic, and their teaching and avoid them @WalterandDebbie , or they'll have you believing you can lose your salvation.

They'll have you trusting in FAITH, to try to stay saved, instead of Trusting in CHRIST to keep you saved.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please see my new article, "The Simplicity of the Gospel". James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is someone that believes in Jesus but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses. There were many Judaizers in the early. I am sure that James came into the truth at a later date.
I Disagree with what you are saying.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your verse is not teaching that Salvation is dead.
It says that faith, is Dead...
And James teaches this as..>"i will show YOU my Faith, by my WORKS"..

He does not say, or teach..>"I will show GOD my Faith", as God has already accepted our faith, and the proof is that we are born again.
'We dont try to keep faith, to try to stay born again., as its already happened.

So, this "dead faith" is not related to salvation, its related to discipleship., and James is teaching that OTHERS will see you and know you as a CHRISTian, by your "works",

This is why James says...>" I will show YOU my FAITH...by my WORKS"..

Now....Heretics teach this junk. = "Dead faith means you lost your salvation".
So, be sure to note that heretic, and their teaching and avoid them @WalterandDebbie , or they'll have you believing you can lose your salvation.

They'll have you trusting in FAITH, to try to stay saved, instead of Trusting in CHRIST to keep you saved.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Jesus said that if you believe in Him, you will "never perish". and you have been given Eternal life.
Not Later.
Not some now, and some in a week.
But you HAVE, eternal life, as that is the fruit of the New Birth.
Its the "new Creation" "in Christ" who has Eternal life.

What is the ONLY real proof, you have believed in Jesus?

A.) Born again.

And you can't stop being born again, as this is a Spiritual BIRTH..... but you can have a faith crisis, and you can become deceived by the devil.
However, that is all a MIND issue.. not a Salvation issue, regarding the Born Again.

Paul said.>"who has bewitched YOU... so that you no longer obey the TRUTH" and he's talking to born again Christians who are going to heaven.

"well, behold, what if i lose my faith".

A.) Faith does not save you.

God saves you THROUGH YOU Faith.. .as "Grace through Faith", and the proof you have been SAVED by God ... is... to be = "born again".

Being born again, is the only proof of Salvation.

"well what about bearing fruit"?

People can fake it.
The ministers of the devil all pretend to have it...
Forums and Pulpits and Congregations are filled with fake believers, who put on a show on forums and in life, and in front of others.

What you can't fake, is the new birth, as God sees that one, from the inside of the born again Believer... where Christ now resides..., and we can't see that in each other.
So, all we have is what James said......>"you SEE if they have any works".....or "I will show YOU my faith by my works".. James teaches.

But works are just works, and they can be FAKED., so you have to be very careful with that situation, Reader.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that if you believe in Him, you will "never perish". and you have been given Eternal life.
Not Later.
Not some now, and some in a week.
But you HAVE, eternal life, as that is the fruit of the New Birth.
Its the "new Creation" "in Christ" who has Eternal life.

What is the ONLY real proof, you have believed in Jesus?

A.) Born again.

And you can't stop being born again, as this is a Spiritual BIRTH..... but you can have a faith crisis, and you can become deceived by the devil.
However, that is all a MIND issue.. not a Salvation issue, regarding the Born Again.

Paul said.>"who has bewitched YOU... so that you no longer obey the TRUTH" and he's talking to born again Christians who are going to heaven.

"well, behold, what if i lose my faith".

A.) Faith does not save you.

God saves you THROUGH YOU Faith.. .as "Grace through Faith", and the proof you have been SAVED by God ... is... to be = "born again".

Being born again, is the only proof of Salvation.

"well what about bearing fruit"?

People can fake it.
The ministers of the devil all pretend to have it...
Forums and Pulpits and Congregations are filled with fake believers, who put on a show on forums and in life, and in front of others.

What you can't fake, is the new birth, as God sees that one, from the inside of the born again Believer... where Christ now resides..., and we can't see that in each other.
So, all we have is what James said......>"you SEE if they have any works".....or "I will show YOU my faith by my works".. James teaches.

But works are just works, and they can be FAKED., so you have to be very careful with that situation, Reader.
Sir, the things you are saying to me are really known through your belief, I believe that Jesus Christ is my Saviour.

Ephesians 2:20-21
The phrase "built upon the foundation of the apostles" is from Ephesians 2:20-21 The passage describes how believers are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone.

The word of God, declared by the apostles and prophets, sustains the faith of all believers. The passage also describes how the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.

Love, Walter

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'2024 is going to be a real eye opener for the Believers, and moreso for the non.
They have no hope, and we have Hope living inside us.
Right. Works are not an indication of faith. I know of some cultist that can outshine most Christians because they believe that their works are going to save them. There are problems with the book of James. For one thing the book of James was not directed to Gentile believers, it was directed to the twelve tribes scattered abroad who are law keeping Jews.

The book of James is very Jewish. There is very little Christian doctrine in it. It is mostly law, James said, "You see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only" James 2:24. Paul would never say that because it is not true. We are justified by faith alone, because we are justified by Christ alone.

James was one of the first books to be written. There were many Judaizers in the early church, James was one of them. I am sure that James learned the Gospel and justification by faith from Paul at a later date.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Works are not an indication of faith. I know of some cultist that can outshine most Christians because they believe that their works are going to save them. There are problems with the book of James. For one thing the book of James was not directed to Gentile believers, it was directed to the twelve tribes scattered abroad who are law keeping Jews.

The book of James is very Jewish. There is very little Christian doctrine in it. It is mostly law, James said, "You see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only" James 2:24. Paul would never say that because it is not true. We are justified by faith alone, because we are justified by Christ alone.

James was one of the first books to be written. There were many Judaizers in the early church, James was one of them. I am sure that James learned the Gospel and justification by faith from Paul at a later date.
All scriptures must be rightly divided, the point is to take His yoke upon ourselves and learn of Him.

Last edited: