Christ is Our Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you decide to sin against him and you appear to be departing from the faith you will hear from him, and it will not be pleasant, Hebrews 12:4-13.

1 Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Karl, Whether you fear Him enough or not is really based on your true calling from GOD. Proverbs 9:10

Love, Walter

????

Prov 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

I am not sure what you are getting at - Of course your calling in not based on fear of God - but a fear of God enables you to hear from Wisdom!!

Wisdom is a name in the Bible for the Holy Spirit who bring that words from the Lord our God to us and speaks them to our spirit!

If we fear God we will listen to Him and seek what He has to say to us - but that is how we get our calling indeed we are all called to hear from Him, right?

Jn 10:4 “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

We are all called to hear be His sheep and thus hear His voice!! Infact is we are to say what our "true calling from God" is - it is to listen to Jesus Christ the Lord our God!!

Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”

Of course we all get different instructions after we listen to Him, but the "true calling" is to listen to Him because He is the truth!

Therefore the fear of God, if it is enough fear of God, will lead to listening to Him and listening to Him is our "true calling"

So I am not sure what you were getting at - but it might be said correctly, that fearing Him enough means you get your true calling!

Well that will be enough for tonight, because He just told me, "Karl, It's time to go to bed." It wasn't exactly a fearful command, but He doesn't talk to me that way, but like a friend.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about 1 John 2:4? "He that says, I know him, and does not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him".

What about it? Do you not know and understand?

Rom 7:19-21 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

Do you even know the what the foremost commandment is?

Deut 6:4 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

"Hear, O Israel" is the foremost commandment, and it is keeping that commandment by faith which gives a person understanding and knowledge of what is going on around them. It is the commandment by which all other commandments are fulfilled. Yet it it the commandment I have not seen you testify to.

Mark 12:27 “He is not the God of the dead, but of the living; you are greatly mistaken.”
Mark 12:28 One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, “What commandment is the foremost of all?”
Mark 12:30 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;
AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.’

Now when going to post the above He wanted me to add the Mark 12:27 - because that is what you are missing the most!

If indeed we are alive in Christ then we hear His voice and do hear Him - as in "Hear, O Israel!"

And since we hear from Him we testify to it, but some don't accept our testimony. And it is the hearing by faith, because faith does come by hearing (Rom 10: 17) that is reckon to us as righteousness - which of course mean doing the right thing!

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

And of course it usually seems to be those religious types - those trying to fulfill the Law by their own good works which you can't get to understand- because to get them to understand you have to get them to listen to what actually comes out the mouth of God to them.

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

And that is the problem here. Someone doesn't understand so they ask: "What about 1 John 2:4?"

The believe is reckon as righteous by the Lord our God because of our faith. That means in His eyes we don't do wrong, and if you don't understand why that is, it is because we are counted as His children who because we are His children are being taught by Him, and learning is not considered a sin. So we don't have to get 100% right on a test but we do have to take the class by sitting and listening to the Teacher, thereby showing we are indeed His students and children. And thereby fulling the commandment to "Hear, O Israel"

And don't you know that one of the lessons in the class is about the battle that takes place in us? Paul knew that which is why he wrote what is above from Romans 7. And John knew that which is why he wrote what he did in 1 Jn. But you are asking "What about", and show that you are having trouble understanding what is in the Bible.

So you ask about 1Jn 2:4 because you don't understand - well let us just look at that section

1 Jn 2:4-7 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Now the old commandment - and not this time John talk also about a single commandment - the one "Hear, O Israel" that I went over with you. It is by that hearing in which a person comes to know Him, just like it is by talking back and forth by which we come to know other people also. And coming to know Him (God) that you really get a fear of Him, but it is not a fear like fearing a dragon but like fearing a loving Father, which you seem to have trouble understanding also. Which is to say fearing God with understanding, that comes from his voice, is not a fear of death but a fear of a swat in the butt, or something like that.

Therefore you don't understand that God truly judges the heart and not the deeds of a believer. And the heart is shown when you hear from Him everyday called "Today" - and by that I mean that you and Him will talk back and forth everyday, which does not mean you are perfect but does mean you are reckon as being so by Him, but that also mean you are still going to be taught of God because you need to learn things from your Father in heaven. It also does not mean there is not a rebelliousness in you, like Paul explain the principle that sin dwells in Him, the one who wants to do good.

So if you have not even realized that sin dwells in you then you do not understand 1 Jn 1:8: If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

And that is why you had to ask about 1 Jn 2:4!!

You don't have understanding, because you have not been talking to Him like you should. Of course that judgement is His and not mine to make, but it is not so hard to understand because you have confusion on what makes a person righteous. It is not by your good works, but by you faith in Him, and again your faith comes from hearing Him talk to you personally!

So it is I hear from Him about a dozen different times a day, and so I testify about Him and the need we all have to listen to Him more, at least everyday called "Today" right?

And if we hear Him, we testify about hearing Him, right? And if we hear Him who only does and says what the Father tells them, then we are aware that we are not Him, but sinners in need of His forgiveness, mercy, and grace, which He gives in abundance. So real Christians are sometimes found with bumper stickers that read something like, "Forgiven not perfect" or "A work in progress" - and those still trying to fulfill the Law by there good works still come across as such, and it is not hard to see it - but it is really hard to get that person to start listening to Him!

Heb 5: 11,12 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the [fn]elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

It is why He took me to Eze 3 one day and gave me a similar instruction to what He gave Ezekiel:

Eze 3: 4,5 Then He said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them.
“For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, ...

Eze 3: 7-9...yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate.
“Behold, I have made your face as hard as their faces and your forehead as hard as their foreheads.
“Like emery harder than flint I have made your forehead. Do not be afraid of them or be dismayed before them, though they are a rebellious house.”

Though you don't know it; coming to this forum and trying to get His people to listen to Him is me keeping His commandments to me. But of course Paul also wrote:

Phil 3:12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

Of course I am perfect in His sight, made so by the cross, but I am not so in my eyes so I press on and take that attitude, which seems to have confused you, but it was not me who confused you but sin who dwells in you did that. So it caused you to take a different attitude.

Phil 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
????

Prov 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

I am not sure what you are getting at - Of course your calling in not based on fear of God - but a fear of God enables you to hear from Wisdom!!

Wisdom is a name in the Bible for the Holy Spirit who bring that words from the Lord our God to us and speaks them to our spirit!

If we fear God we will listen to Him and seek what He has to say to us - but that is how we get our calling indeed we are all called to hear from Him, right?

Jn 10:4 “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

We are all called to hear be His sheep and thus hear His voice!! Infact is we are to say what our "true calling from God" is - it is to listen to Jesus Christ the Lord our God!!

Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”

Of course we all get different instructions after we listen to Him, but the "true calling" is to listen to Him because He is the truth!

Therefore the fear of God, if it is enough fear of God, will lead to listening to Him and listening to Him is our "true calling"

So I am not sure what you were getting at - but it might be said correctly, that fearing Him enough means you get your true calling!

Well that will be enough for tonight, because He just told me, "Karl, It's time to go to bed." It wasn't exactly a fearful command, but He doesn't talk to me that way, but like a friend.
Hello Karl, I understand what you are saying, I was trying to make sure that we are on the same understanding.

Love, Walter

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Karl, I understand what you are saying, I was trying to make sure that we are on the same understanding.

Love, Walter

OK

So are we on the same understanding?

My understanding is Jesus Christ.

He once told me, "Karl, understanding is understanding that I Am Understanding, understand?"

If we indeed talk to Him the understanding we get then is understanding that He is Understanding! And not us!

So if I say that I have understanding; I mean I have Him in my life and I listen to Him for the understanding I need. And He then explains things like understanding, to me. Which is why He told me the little saying above, and why king Solomon wrote:

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;

So it is that the Lord is my intimate friend - meaning I talk to Him as a friend I can confide in intimately. I can and do talk to Him about my thinking and He asked us to, right?

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Yet to some it was written:

Is 1:2,3 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth;
For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up,
But they have revolted against Me.
“An ox knows its owner,
And a donkey its master’s manger,
But Israel does not know,
My people do not understand.”

And indeed that above verse seems to be written to those the Lord once called "sons"

Maybe I have gone over too much - but simply put Him and I, we talk. I talk back and forth with Him about a dozen times a day, which is why I can and do tell people what He tells me. Of course not everything He tells me. There are intimate things we talk about, but it is writte to shout on the house tops what you hear whispered in your ears. So I do write things like:

"Karl, understanding is understanding that I Am Understanding, understand?"

But even that was also somewhat intimate because He personally calls me by my name.

Yet what I don't get is that if others really have the understanding I do, meaning Him and Him talking to me, then how is it I don't read them attributing anything in their personal life to Him???

Where are the testimonies about Him?? Even the Testimony section of this Christian forum is poorly used. A couple of times I thought I would just fill that section up, and perhaps others would follow, but when I did it I got people testing me - kind of like when someone writes:

" I understand what you are saying, I was trying to make sure that we are on the same understanding."

Do you not even realize that if you test me, and I am hearing from the Lord, you then are testing HIM!!

Did you not read in the Bible how the Pharisees did that?

And if you and I have the same understanding, but you were not sure of it, could you not go and ask Him and listen to what He Himself testifies concerning me?

Go ahead - ask Him - Ask Him if He told me, ""Karl, understanding is understanding that I Am Understanding, understand?" - and then listen to Him and even get into a conversation with Him. Do that and won't you then know that you and I have the same understanding and it is Him?

Or perhaps you will hear something different?

Still as for me I have a Lord, even the LORD OF LORD AND KING OF KINGS - and I know Him and because He is who He is, He also sends His holy angels to watch over me and minister to me. So I see and hear incredible things. I have seen Him to more miracles in and around me than I can possible remember. So do your testing if you want, but I again suggest you do your seeking and listening to Him!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK

He once told me, "Karl, understanding is understanding that I Am Understanding, understand?"

If we indeed talk to Him the understanding we get then is understanding that He is Understanding! And not us!

So if I say that I have understanding; I mean I have Him in my life and I listen to Him for the understanding I need. And He then explains things like understanding, to me. Which is why He told me the little saying above, and why king Solomon wrote:

So it is that the Lord is my intimate friend - meaning I talk to Him as a friend I can confide in intimately. I can and do talk to Him about my thinking and He asked us to, right?

Says the LORD,
They will be like wool.

For the LORD speaks,
“An ox knows its owner,

And indeed that above verse seems to be written to those the Lord once called "sons"

Maybe I have gone over too much - but simply put Him and I, we talk. I talk back and forth with Him about a dozen times a day, which is why I can and do tell people what He tells me. Of course not everything He tells me. There are intimate things we talk about, but it is writte to shout on the house tops what you hear whispered in your ears. So I do write things like:

But even that was also somewhat intimate because He personally calls me by my name.

Yet what I don't get is that if others really have the understanding I do, meaning Him and Him talking to me, then how is it I don't read them attributing anything in their personal life to Him???

Where are the testimonies about Him?? Even the Testimony section of this Christian forum is poorly used. A couple of times I thought I would just fill that section up, and perhaps others would follow, but when I did it I got people testing me - kind of like when someone writes:

" I understand what you are saying, I was trying to make sure that we are on the same understanding."

Do you not even realize that if you test me, and I am hearing from the Lord, you then are testing HIM!!

And if you and I have the same understanding, but you were not sure of it, could you not go and ask Him and listen to what He Himself testifies concerning me?

Go ahead - ask Him - Ask Him if He told me, ""Karl, understanding is understanding that I Am Understanding, understand?" - and then listen to Him and even get into a conversation with Him. Do that and won't you then know that you and I have the same understanding and it is Him?

Still as for me I have a Lord, even the LORD OF LORD AND KING OF KINGS - and I know Him and because He is who He is, He also sends His holy angels to watch over me and minister to me. So I see and hear incredible things. I have seen Him to more miracles in and around me than I can possible remember. So do your testing if you want, but I again suggest you do your seeking and listening to Him!
No Sir, I'm not testing anyone, Just saying:

Romans 12:3​

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Read full chapter

To Have A Personal Relationship With Him.

Love, Walter

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK

Says the LORD,
They will be like wool.

For the LORD speaks,
“An ox knows its owner,

Do you hear an audible voice when Jesus speaks to you? What are the incredible things that you hear and see? What do the angels look like that minister to you. Are you a member of the Pentecostal church?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you hear an audible voice when Jesus speaks to you? What are the incredible things that you hear and see? What do the angels look like that minister to you. Are you a member of the Pentecostal church?

God is spirit, right?

So nobody hears an audible voice but we hear from the Holy Spirit!! Just like it is written:

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

So we hear the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ (Jn 16:15 “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you), via the Holy Spirit taking them from the Son and giving them to our spirit (kind of like a telephone takes the words from someone and gives them to you)

Now can the Holy Spirit make them louder or softer when He gives you the words of God from Jesus Christ (The Word of God)?

Of course He can. And even what we think will cause them to leave various impressions on us.

For example: Moses took the Israelites to the foot of the mountain to hear from God, and they hear thunder where as Moses heard the words the Lord spoke and told them to not be afraid, since they were afraid but he was not, because Moses knew the Lord and talked to Him often.

Ex 20:18 All the people perceived the thunder and the lightning flashes and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood at a distance.

Ex 20:20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin.”

So those people "PERCEIVED" the thunder and lightning flashes and the sound of the trumpet- but perceived doesn't mean those things happened but only that they "PERCEIVED" them to have happened!!!

Which is to say those people got a perception from the Holy Spirit, but it was spiritual and not physical!!

You can see this in other places too - like how Saul on the road to Damascus heard the words God said to Him and they cause Him to fall, yet those with him only knew something seemed to be happening.

Acts 9:3,4 As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”

Acts 22: 9 “And those who were with me saw the light, to be sure, but did not understand the voice of the One who was speaking to me.

So while the voice from our Lord Jesus Christ causes Saul to fall and Saul heard the voice clearly and powerfully, but people with Him "did not understand the voice." That is because it, like the thunder which the Israelites heard but only perceived it as thunder, the people with Paul did not understand what was being said because the voice was a spiritual voice from the Holy Spirit. Still Paul heard the voice clearly in words, even though others with Him did not hear the words spoken by the Holy Spirit!

Now the real question should be; why are not all Christians (God's People) hearing the voice of the God via the Holy Spirit in words???? How is it they have to ask how hearing the Lord works? It is even explained in the Bible, but they still don't understand!

Is it not because they don't seek Him by faith and listen to what they get? I mean if they did, then would they not already understand all this?

The church has a responsibility to edify (teach on religious matters) and how are we doing if many Christians do not understand that the word of God we are preaching is found in our hearts and even coming out our mouths? Where else do you find the words God personally speaks to you via His Holy Spirit so that you pick them up in your spirit?

The Lord had me working in a Christian healing ministry for five years and I can't begin to tell about how many times I lead someone (Christians) to hear the voice of the Lord for the first time. I could understand it when I would lead someone new to the Lord or someone young, but I remember a lady that had been at a church in town for 35 years and was the secretary at that church. She had a sore shoulder so she decide to come to our ministry for prayer. We prayed for her and instantly the Lord took away her pain, but then the Lord asked me to ask her if she heard His voice, to which she responded that she had never heard His voice. So, we had her ask the Lord how He felt about her, and listen to what she picked up inside her heart, and she heard Him talking to her. She was more thrilled with that than having her shoulder healed - which was understandable.

But how is it that someone could go to a Christian church for 35 years and even be working as the church secretary and not know about hearing the small voice of the Lord?? Did not that church fail to teach properly on religious matters!!! What did preaching the Word of God mean to them?? And how does that happen, that Christians don't know this, and other Christians asked about if He talks with an audible voice?

I think I know - I knew one pastor of a church that had only ever heard His small voice talking to him 3 times in his life time, and another pastor told me that he had not heard the small voice of the Lord for 13 years.

We Christians have a responsibility to seek the voice of the Lord "Today", and everyday called "Today" - so do we? Some do!!!

When I worked in that healing ministry we would have people write down on a paper what they wanted prayer for, than they folded it in two so when we got it we could not see what was on it. Then we would ask the Lord for something and listen ourselves, then write down what we heard or saw with our spiritual senses - and that before we brought them in for prayer. So if you were to work in that ministry you had to hear the small voice of the Lord. Yet many even who worked in that ministry, had not heard from the Lord until they started working with us and we helped them understand and hear from the Lord. And they didn't start by working in that ministry! Indeed, they want some recommendation before you got in the ministry, so brand new Christians didn't work in that ministry. Yet we did have some kids who worked in that ministry, and they often would hear from the Lord easier that long term members of the church.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On the prior post I went long on the fact that God is spirit so He talks to our spirit through His Holy Spirit. Therefore we don't sound waves (an audible voice) no matter what you think. It might seem like it, but that is not what happens

Yet I ignored the 2 other questions, of which one is unimportant an the other is very important!!!

As to the church I attend, I attend the church the Lord tells me to, which at this time and for about 10 years now He has me in a very big conservative Charismatic church - which seem like opposite things but are not. Which is due to us having our preconceived notion, even if and when we are into the gifts of the Spirit. So it is unimportant which church you go to but very important that you listen to the Lord and go where He tells you to.

Indeed the Lord has had me go to many many churches from Pentecostal to very conservative Baptist and Lutheran churches. Which kind of brings me to the next question concerning what angels looks like? Because that one time He asked me to go to that very conservative Lutheran church was a time when I was normally attending a very very charismatic church where miracles and incredible things were common in the regular service. Yet on that day at the old traditional Lutheran church in two I saw a huge angel come out from in front of the church during service. He came out and spoke to me and went around and blessed all the others in the pews. Still I might, and probably was the, the only person to see and knowingly hear from that angel, even though I was told that He was the angel at that church.

Rev 2 - to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: to the angel of the church in Pergamum write ...

There are angels at your Christian church, and even one of your church. So why would this question about what angels look like even come up? Is it not written seek first the Kingdom of God? Still, let me go over what angels look like:

First of all angels are spirits so they don't have a physical appearance!!! But just like we don't hear an audible voice, it might seem like we do. God can present the spiritual as if the physical to us, because all things are possible to God. So what we hear with our spiritual ears might seem audible (sound waves) but they are not. And we might see with our spiritual eyes, and it seem physical but it is not. Therefore the question of what angels look like is just like the question of hearing an audible voice, and those questions lack some understanding that we should have, because we should be practicing using out spiritual senses, which are even more that seeing and hearing, right?

So back to what angels look like. Well they look like the impression I get!!! That impression comes thru my spirit so it varies and alot!!

They can be big or small, bright or dull, with wings or not, and certainly clear or ghostly. How well do I pick up what I am seeing by faith with the faith that I have?

And this is important to understand, and that understanding increases with our practice using our spiritual senses!!

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

So it is that most of the time the angels I see are what another Christian once referred to me as being the seven to nine foot variety. Yet I have seen some angels appear to me to be a 3 inches tall, and others as tall as mountains. When I asked the 3 inch angels who were dress in gold, why they were so small; they told me they were not small but appeared that way because they were not close to me. They also said they appeared in gold because they served the Father and were sent by Him. It apparently was an honor they had, and that honor showed up as being dressed in gold.

Yet let me give you an example from the Bible about angels appearing very large:

REv 10:1,2 I saw another strong angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire; and he had in his hand a little book which was open. He placed his right foot on the sea and his left on the land;

Read the above verse and tell me how tall does that angel appear to you.

If he is clothed with a cloud than as big as a cloud?
It he has a rainbow on his head then how big is a rainbow?
And He appeared very very bright if like the sun.
And how big are pillars.
Still he has a little book??
How can anyone that big have such a little book in his hands?
I mean he is big enough to put one foot in the sea and the other on land, and being an old surfer myself I can tell you it is not so easy to put one foot in the sea and the other on land because wave of some size are lapping up on shore, and going in an out.

Yet that is the description John honestly gave concerning that angel who was just "another strong angel".

So this is what I am telling you - that can appear big or small, bright or dull, as flying or standing. So why are people asking me?

I mean I love actually talking on them, but someone asking me how angels appear indicate by their question that they are not seeing with their spiritual eyes. And someone asking me about an audible voice seems to be as someone not listening with their spiritual ears. And so that person seems to be a person unaware of what they read in the Bible, to me.

So it is that I mainly make it about seeking the Lord and hearing from Him, because He is the door that you have to enter through, and not me. I can tell of what I see and hear, but it is not about believing in me but it is about believing in the LORD OR LORD AND KING OF KINGS, and faith come from hearing Him.

So I might explain, but who can understand - since understanding comes from His mouth and not mine?

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Yet if anyone here knows of what I am saying, let us talk and exchange what we have seen. It is not nice to actually relate to others who know the Lord and His Kingdom. There is obviously too much for anyone of us to fully know and understand, so we could talk about much, but if the questions are about what we see in the physical and not spiritual then we might not yet be ready to honestly talk to each other about what we see with our spiritual ears and eyes.

There was a man I meet and worked with so we could talk. I meet Him in the back rooms of that conservative charismatic church the Lord has me attending, because that is where you find men like him. He practiced using his spiritual sense much more than I and he spoke to me and my wife about sensing with our spiritual nose. At that time he told me that the Lord was telling him that He was going to send a vanilla scent to me wife and she was about to pick it up. Then my wife did pick it up, like a vanilla scent was in the air, but I did not pick it up. Then he told me the Lord... "and I picked up the scent"... was sending me that scent.

The point that man was making on behalf of the Lord was that we have five physical senses so we should at least be practicing using out five spiritual senses. So do we?

As for me, I normally use my spiritual ears each day, and often the Lord has gotten on to me about using my spiritual eyes more! He once told me, "Karl, you wouldn't drive around your car with your eyes closed would you? So why do you not use your spiritual eyes more?"

I know why - It is because using my spiritual eyes seems really weird. I not only have seen angel who serve the Lord but of course also demons getting at people. It is just going on all around us all the time!! So I like hearing the Lord and His angels, but I hate the battle doing on around us. Still, if we seek Him, Jesus Christ our Lord, then He gives us ears to hear and eyes to see, but to others it is written:

Acts 28:27 FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
AND WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES;
OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.”'

Who are those people whose heart is dull so that with their ears they scarcely hear and who have closed their eyes???

Sometimes I confess, that it is me, but still I hear from Him about a dozen times a day. That is not as good as that man who I worked with in the back rooms of that conservative charismatic church, but I can talk honestly about what I hear Today, and about angels who I have seen.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the prior post I went long on the fact that God is spirit so He talks to our spirit through His Holy Spirit. Therefore we don't sound waves (an audible voice) no matter what you think. It might seem like it, but that is not what happens

Yet I ignored the 2 other questions, of which one is unimportant an the other is very important!!!

As to the church I attend, I attend the church the Lord tells me to, which at this time and for about 10 years now He has me in a very big conservative Charismatic church - which seem like opposite things but are not. Which is due to us having our preconceived notion, even if and when we are into the gifts of the Spirit. So it is unimportant which church you go to but very important that you listen to the Lord and go where He tells you to.

Indeed the Lord has had me go to many many churches from Pentecostal to very conservative Baptist and Lutheran churches. Which kind of brings me to the next question concerning what angels looks like? Because that one time He asked me to go to that very conservative Lutheran church was a time when I was normally attending a very very charismatic church where miracles and incredible things were common in the regular service. Yet on that day at the old traditional Lutheran church in two I saw a huge angel come out from in front of the church during service. He came out and spoke to me and went around and blessed all the others in the pews. Still I might, and probably was the, the only person to see and knowingly hear from that angel, even though I was told that He was the angel at that church.

Rev 2 - to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: to the angel of the church in Pergamum write ...

There are angels at your Christian church, and even one of your church. So why would this question about what angels look like even come up? Is it not written seek first the Kingdom of God? Still, let me go over what angels look like:

First of all angels are spirits so they don't have a physical appearance!!! But just like we don't hear an audible voice, it might seem like we do. God can present the spiritual as if the physical to us, because all things are possible to God. So what we hear with our spiritual ears might seem audible (sound waves) but they are not. And we might see with our spiritual eyes, and it seem physical but it is not. Therefore the question of what angels look like is just like the question of hearing an audible voice, and those questions lack some understanding that we should have, because we should be practicing using out spiritual senses, which are even more that seeing and hearing, right?

So back to what angels look like. Well they look like the impression I get!!! That impression comes thru my spirit so it varies and alot!!

They can be big or small, bright or dull, with wings or not, and certainly clear or ghostly. How well do I pick up what I am seeing by faith with the faith that I have?

And this is important to understand, and that understanding increases with our practice using our spiritual senses!!

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

So it is that most of the time the angels I see are what another Christian once referred to me as being the seven to nine foot variety. Yet I have seen some angels appear to me to be a 3 inches tall, and others as tall as mountains. When I asked the 3 inch angels who were dress in gold, why they were so small; they told me they were not small but appeared that way because they were not close to me. They also said they appeared in gold because they served the Father and were sent by Him. It apparently was an honor they had, and that honor showed up as being dressed in gold.

Yet let me give you an example from the Bible about angels appearing very large:

REv 10:1,2 I saw another strong angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire; and he had in his hand a little book which was open. He placed his right foot on the sea and his left on the land;

Read the above verse and tell me how tall does that angel appear to you.

If he is clothed with a cloud than as big as a cloud?
It he has a rainbow on his head then how big is a rainbow?
And He appeared very very bright if like the sun.
And how big are pillars.
Still he has a little book??
How can anyone that big have such a little book in his hands?
I mean he is big enough to put one foot in the sea and the other on land, and being an old surfer myself I can tell you it is not so easy to put one foot in the sea and the other on land because wave of some size are lapping up on shore, and going in an out.

Yet that is the description John honestly gave concerning that angel who was just "another strong angel".

So this is what I am telling you - that can appear big or small, bright or dull, as flying or standing. So why are people asking me?

I mean I love actually talking on them, but someone asking me how angels appear indicate by their question that they are not seeing with their spiritual eyes. And someone asking me about an audible voice seems to be as someone not listening with their spiritual ears. And so that person seems to be a person unaware of what they read in the Bible, to me.

So it is that I mainly make it about seeking the Lord and hearing from Him, because He is the door that you have to enter through, and not me. I can tell of what I see and hear, but it is not about believing in me but it is about believing in the LORD OR LORD AND KING OF KINGS, and faith come from hearing Him.

So I might explain, but who can understand - since understanding comes from His mouth and not mine?

Yet if anyone here knows of what I am saying, let us talk and exchange what we have seen. It is not nice to actually relate to others who know the Lord and His Kingdom. There is obviously too much for anyone of us to fully know and understand, so we could talk about much, but if the questions are about what we see in the physical and not spiritual then we might not yet be ready to honestly talk to each other about what we see with our spiritual ears and eyes.

There was a man I meet and worked with so we could talk. I meet Him in the back rooms of that conservative charismatic church the Lord has me attending, because that is where you find men like him. He practiced using his spiritual sense much more than I and he spoke to me and my wife about sensing with our spiritual nose. At that time he told me that the Lord was telling him that He was going to send a vanilla scent to me wife and she was about to pick it up. Then my wife did pick it up, like a vanilla scent was in the air, but I did not pick it up. Then he told me the Lord... "and I picked up the scent"... was sending me that scent.

The point that man was making on behalf of the Lord was that we have five physical senses so we should at least be practicing using out five spiritual senses. So do we?

As for me, I normally use my spiritual ears each day, and often the Lord has gotten on to me about using my spiritual eyes more! He once told me, "Karl, you wouldn't drive around your car with your eyes closed would you? So why do you not use your spiritual eyes more?"

I know why - It is because using my spiritual eyes seems really weird. I not only have seen angel who serve the Lord but of course also demons getting at people. It is just going on all around us all the time!! So I like hearing the Lord and His angels, but I hate the battle doing on around us. Still, if we seek Him, Jesus Christ our Lord, then He gives us ears to hear and eyes to see, but to others it is written:

Acts 28:27 FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
AND WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES;
OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.”'

Who are those people whose heart is dull so that with their ears they scarcely hear and who have closed their eyes???

Sometimes I confess, that it is me, but still I hear from Him about a dozen times a day. That is not as good as that man who I worked with in the back rooms of that conservative charismatic church, but I can talk honestly about what I hear Today, and about angels who I have seen.
Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. You are not living by faith. You have to have voices, visions, miracles, etc. or you cannot believe.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. You are not living by faith. You have to have voices, visions, miracles, etc. or you cannot believe.

????

Yeah I hear voices, have visions, and see miracles - as clearly pointed out. So what you wrote doesn't make sense - or maybe you didn't write it correctly or just didn't read what I wrote??

Anyway Robert - living by faith actually means living by faith in Jesus Christ - that He exists as the Word of God because He has the words of God and we hear from Him. And He is also the KING OF KINGS - meaning He exercises authority over the Kingdom of God. And He is our Lord if we come under His authority and thus hear from Him personally. And the Word is God, because if you own all things of God and even to include the words of God and you sit on the throne of God then you are God, and in His case God the Son, when we talk to Him we hear from God vis Him who is the Word of God. And since God is spirit we do hear Him and His Kingdom with our spiritual ears, and we also see with our spiritual eyes which might be called getting vision or impressions in our spirit as I clearly explained. Yet those visions or impressions are of real beings, spiritual beings. Just like our physical eyes pick up impressions and we might call seeing with our physical eyes as having vision. And what are miracles if not God working in a way not normal to us?

The Lord once told me, "Karl I am a holy God" - or so I thought I heard. So I told Him that "Him being holy is what people think of Him". He responded by saying, "Karl, I did not say I am a holy God. I said I am a holie God. I have holes in my hands!" Then He went on to explain that the holes in His hands represented the things that should not be there but are because of our sin. He explained that He holds all things together with His hands and so the holes represented what He has to do, the miracles and such, because we don't believe in Him like we should!"

Now you said above that we can not believe unless we see miracles, but that is actually not the case!! You are wrong about that!!
It is because we don't believe in Him that He has to perform miracles, like rising form the dead!! The miracles are the things, like the holes in His hands that He holds all things together with, that should not have to take place!! And another things you missed about the miracles, and that is He performed most of His miracles while in the flesh on earth in the area of Capernaum, yet did those miracles save them??

Luke 10:13-16 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had been performed in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
“But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the judgment than for you.
“The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me.”

His sheep hear His voice, and faith comes from hearing Him (Rom 10), but many see the miracles and it will actually be worse for them because even with the miracles they did not believe.

And don't think that see visions mean you believe either!!!

Dan 5:5 Suddenly the fingers of a man’s hand emerged and began writing opposite the lampstand on the plaster of the wall of the king’s palace, and the king saw the back of the hand that did the writing.

Belshazzar the king did not know the Lord did he? Yet He saw the hand appear and the writing on the wall; yet because He did not know or believe in the Lord he had to send for Daniel for an interpretation ( or do you not know that interpretations from the Word of God, the Christ). And so the interpretation went out and Belshazzar's rule came to an end that night when he was slain.

So faith in Jesus Christ does not come by miracles, or visions, or even hearing voices - or do you not know that those going after demons to serve them will also hear spiritual voices. Yet they don't seek Jesus as their lord, so they don't serve Him and know Him, nor know of His Kingdom.

So what about you? Are you seeking Jesus Christ and listening to Him? Maybe He just hasn't gotten around to explaining this to you yet?

I remember the morning He woke me up with a vision and in the vision there was squares and more squares under them, and in each square there was writing and an arrow pointing down to the square below. And in the first square was written Bible, in the next square was written dream, and in the next square was written vision, and in the next square was written Jesus Christ.

In the square under Bible was written book, and in the square under dream was written movie, and in the square under vision was written painting, and square under Jesus was written friend. Then He explained that if a person reads a book that was written it does not mean they know the author personally. And if a person see a movie is does not mean the know the director personally. And if a person see a painting on exbibit it does not mean they know the person personally. So if a person goes to an author's house and says they know Him they will be turned away. And if a person goes to a directors house and says the know Him they will be turned away. And if a person goes to a painters house and say they know Him they will be turned away. But if a person talks to the Lord and gets to know Him personally as a friend or as a son or as a bride, and then shows up at His house in a time of need they will they not be let in? Of course even a friend does not stay in the house forever, so loving God is needed, right?

So have you not gotten a teaching like that?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
????

Yeah I hear voices, have visions, and see miracles - as clearly pointed out. So what you wrote doesn't make sense - or maybe you didn't write it correctly or just didn't read what I wrote??

Anyway Robert - living by faith actually means living by faith in Jesus Christ - that He exists as the Word of God because He has the words of God and we hear from Him. And He is also the KING OF KINGS - meaning He exercises authority over the Kingdom of God. And He is our Lord if we come under His authority and thus hear from Him personally. And the Word is God, because if you own all things of God and even to include the words of God and you sit on the throne of God then you are God, and in His case God the Son, when we talk to Him we hear from God vis Him who is the Word of God. And since God is spirit we do hear Him and His Kingdom with our spiritual ears, and we also see with our spiritual eyes which might be called getting vision or impressions in our spirit as I clearly explained. Yet those visions or impressions are of real beings, spiritual beings. Just like our physical eyes pick up impressions and we might call seeing with our physical eyes as having vision. And what are miracles if not God working in a way not normal to us?

The Lord once told me, "Karl I am a holy God" - or so I thought I heard. So I told Him that "Him being holy is what people think of Him". He responded by saying, "Karl, I did not say I am a holy God. I said I am a holie God. I have holes in my hands!" Then He went on to explain that the holes in His hands represented the things that should not be there but are because of our sin. He explained that He holds all things together with His hands and so the holes represented what He has to do, the miracles and such, because we don't believe in Him like we should!"

Now you said above that we can not believe unless we see miracles, but that is actually not the case!! You are wrong about that!!
It is because we don't believe in Him that He has to perform miracles, like rising form the dead!! The miracles are the things, like the holes in His hands that He holds all things together with, that should not have to take place!! And another things you missed about the miracles, and that is He performed most of His miracles while in the flesh on earth in the area of Capernaum, yet did those miracles save them??

Luke 10:13-16 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had been performed in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
“But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the judgment than for you.
“The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me.”

His sheep hear His voice, and faith comes from hearing Him (Rom 10), but many see the miracles and it will actually be worse for them because even with the miracles they did not believe.

And don't think that see visions mean you believe either!!!

Dan 5:5 Suddenly the fingers of a man’s hand emerged and began writing opposite the lampstand on the plaster of the wall of the king’s palace, and the king saw the back of the hand that did the writing.

Belshazzar the king did not know the Lord did he? Yet He saw the hand appear and the writing on the wall; yet because He did not know or believe in the Lord he had to send for Daniel for an interpretation ( or do you not know that interpretations from the Word of God, the Christ). And so the interpretation went out and Belshazzar's rule came to an end that night when he was slain.

So faith in Jesus Christ does not come by miracles, or visions, or even hearing voices - or do you not know that those going after demons to serve them will also hear spiritual voices. Yet they don't seek Jesus as their lord, so they don't serve Him and know Him, nor know of His Kingdom.

So what about you? Are you seeking Jesus Christ and listening to Him? Maybe He just hasn't gotten around to explaining this to you yet?

I remember the morning He woke me up with a vision and in the vision there was squares and more squares under them, and in each square there was writing and an arrow pointing down to the square below. And in the first square was written Bible, in the next square was written dream, and in the next square was written vision, and in the next square was written Jesus Christ.

In the square under Bible was written book, and in the square under dream was written movie, and in the square under vision was written painting, and square under Jesus was written friend. Then He explained that if a person reads a book that was written it does not mean they know the author personally. And if a person see a movie is does not mean the know the director personally. And if a person see a painting on exbibit it does not mean they know the person personally. So if a person goes to an author's house and says they know Him they will be turned away. And if a person goes to a directors house and says the know Him they will be turned away. And if a person goes to a painters house and say they know Him they will be turned away. But if a person talks to the Lord and gets to know Him personally as a friend or as a son or as a bride, and then shows up at His house in a time of need they will they not be let in? Of course even a friend does not stay in the house forever, so loving God is needed, right?

So have you not gotten a teaching like that?
You have set yourself up to be deceived, 2 John 1:7.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have set yourself up to be deceived, 2 John 1:7.

There is a way to test the spirit!!

Christians should know this and use it!

The problem is that if you don't hear with your spiritual ears you can't use the test. Therefore those that don't hear or don't practice hearing with their spiritual ears are the one deceived!! How can you discern between good and evil spirits if you don't hear? You can't!!

1 Jn 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Now I have gone over this in this forum a number of times. If you hear with your spiritual ears and so you pick up what is going on around you in the spiritual realm, so that you can pick up a spirit talking to you, then you are to test that spirit " to see whether they are from God"!!
That is done by making sure that they "confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh" - but how can you hear a confession if you don't hear??? Again - you can't!! You are stuck leaning on your own understanding!!

Now if you were to have been practicing hearing with your spiritual ears, you would get to know more and more about what is going on around you. You would be quicker to hear, and have better decision making as to what you need to do. Simply put, you would be better able to understand what is happening and when to do what. So you become less ignorant of your own situation and the battle that goes on in your own life!

One of the things the Pharisees did was to think that Jesus Christ Himself had a demon!

Now that is seriously being deceived. What happens is that demons get a person to only look at others and their problems and not at themselves!! So it was that the Pharisees, being very religious people, looked at the problems of others and considered themselves to be the experts on religious matters. So they look for the speak in someone else and missed the log in their own eyes, and it is not just religious people that do that, but it is very common if you lean on your own religious understanding instead of actually seeking the Lord and listening to Him!!!

Those incredibly religious people even thought the perfect one had a demon and completely missed the fact that their father was the devil. All because they themselves did not seek the Lord and listen to His Holy Spirit, so they wound up deceiving themselves!!

Which is also covered in 1 John - 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

There are many who try to serve the Lord but are completely blind to what is going on around them!! Do you not remember the chariots of fire?

2 Kings 6: 15-17 Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
Then Elisha prayed and said, “O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” And the LORD opened the servant’s eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

So it is, according to this story in parable form, that we find today many trying to serve the Lord but are completely blind to what is going on around them!!

It shows up when they speak, just like it shows up to "the man of God" when that attendant to the man of God spoke. Of course the real man of God is Jesus Christ, and He knows! But as the true Man of God He is also the Word of God and who spoke to Elisha then! Which brings up a question, and that involves the very next verse:

2 Kings 6:18 When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, “Strike this people with blindness, I pray.” So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

Who were those people who Elisha prayed to have the Lord “Strike this people with blindness, I pray.”

Does it not also go with what the Lord said to Isaiah?

Is 6: 8-12 Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
He said, “Go, and tell this people:
‘Keep on listening, but do not perceive;
Keep on looking, but do not understand.’
“Render the hearts of this people [fn]insensitive,
Their ears [fn]dull,
And their eyes [fn]dim,
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
Understand with their hearts,
And return and be healed.”
Then I said, “Lord, how long?” And He answered,
“Until cities are devastated and without inhabitant,
Houses are without people
And the land is utterly desolate,
“The LORD has removed men far away,
And the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.

It is not those religious people who want be the leaders and experts as opposed to listening to the Lord and making Him their Lord, is it?

People - if you know the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, how then can you be unaware of what is going on around you? Do you not have ears to hear and eyes to see? So are you not aware that there are more with you than against you. So it is that I proclaim Jesus Christ and Him as the Lord and King over the Kingdom of God, and by that I mean we should listen to the King, right? And if the King than we know about His Kingdom also, right?

So if I explain about hearing from the King (Jesus Christ) and His holy angels, and you think I have a demon, do you not need to look at yourself?

Indeed you do! Do not fall on you own pride! Seek the King who has a Kingdom which is more and more powerful than the enemy that surrounds you!! And listen to HIM!!!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a way to test the spirit!!

Christians should know this and use it!

The problem is that if you don't hear with your spiritual ears you can't use the test. Therefore those that don't hear or don't practice hearing with their spiritual ears are the one deceived!! How can you discern between good and evil spirits if you don't hear? You can't!!

1 Jn 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Now I have gone over this in this forum a number of times. If you hear with your spiritual ears and so you pick up what is going on around you in the spiritual realm, so that you can pick up a spirit talking to you, then you are to test that spirit " to see whether they are from God"!!
That is done by making sure that they "confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh" - but how can you hear a confession if you don't hear??? Again - you can't!! You are stuck leaning on your own understanding!!

Now if you were to have been practicing hearing with your spiritual ears, you would get to know more and more about what is going on around you. You would be quicker to hear, and have better decision making as to what you need to do. Simply put, you would be better able to understand what is happening and when to do what. So you become less ignorant of your own situation and the battle that goes on in your own life!

One of the things the Pharisees did was to think that Jesus Christ Himself had a demon!

Now that is seriously being deceived. What happens is that demons get a person to only look at others and their problems and not at themselves!! So it was that the Pharisees, being very religious people, looked at the problems of others and considered themselves to be the experts on religious matters. So they look for the speak in someone else and missed the log in their own eyes, and it is not just religious people that do that, but it is very common if you lean on your own religious understanding instead of actually seeking the Lord and listening to Him!!!

Those incredibly religious people even thought the perfect one had a demon and completely missed the fact that their father was the devil. All because they themselves did not seek the Lord and listen to His Holy Spirit, so they wound up deceiving themselves!!

Which is also covered in 1 John - 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

There are many who try to serve the Lord but are completely blind to what is going on around them!! Do you not remember the chariots of fire?

2 Kings 6: 15-17 Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
Then Elisha prayed and said, “O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” And the LORD opened the servant’s eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

So it is, according to this story in parable form, that we find today many trying to serve the Lord but are completely blind to what is going on around them!!

It shows up when they speak, just like it shows up to "the man of God" when that attendant to the man of God spoke. Of course the real man of God is Jesus Christ, and He knows! But as the true Man of God He is also the Word of God and who spoke to Elisha then! Which brings up a question, and that involves the very next verse:

2 Kings 6:18 When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, “Strike this people with blindness, I pray.” So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

Who were those people who Elisha prayed to have the Lord “Strike this people with blindness, I pray.”

Does it not also go with what the Lord said to Isaiah?

Is 6: 8-12 Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
He said, “Go, and tell this people:
‘Keep on listening, but do not perceive;
Keep on looking, but do not understand.’
“Render the hearts of this people [fn]insensitive,
Their ears [fn]dull,
And their eyes [fn]dim,
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
Understand with their hearts,
And return and be healed.”
Then I said, “Lord, how long?” And He answered,
“Until cities are devastated and without inhabitant,
Houses are without people
And the land is utterly desolate,
“The LORD has removed men far away,
And the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.

It is not those religious people who want be the leaders and experts as opposed to listening to the Lord and making Him their Lord, is it?

People - if you know the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, how then can you be unaware of what is going on around you? Do you not have ears to hear and eyes to see? So are you not aware that there are more with you than against you. So it is that I proclaim Jesus Christ and Him as the Lord and King over the Kingdom of God, and by that I mean we should listen to the King, right? And if the King than we know about His Kingdom also, right?

So if I explain about hearing from the King (Jesus Christ) and His holy angels, and you think I have a demon, do you not need to look at yourself?

Indeed you do! Do not fall on you own pride! Seek the King who has a Kingdom which is more and more powerful than the enemy that surrounds you!! And listen to HIM!!!
I am not interested in hearing an audible voice from God. How do you know that it is not Satan? Satan spoke with Eve in the Garden.

God speaks to us through his word, the Bible. Many that have done evil things say that God told them to do it.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I am not interested in hearing an audible voice from God. How do you know that it is not Satan? Satan spoke with Eve in the Garden.

God speaks to us through his word, the Bible. Many that have done evil things say that God told them to do it.
I would consider it a blessing to believe despite a lack of auditory or visual evidence. It speaks to your faith.

But it is an error to say a believer has not seen or heard. Because in a spiritual way we have. And spiritual senses are greater than ears and eyes of flesh.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would consider it a blessing to believe despite a lack of auditory or visual evidence. It speaks to your faith.

But it is an error to say a believer has not seen or heard. Because in a spiritual way we have. And spiritual senses are greater than ears and eyes of flesh.

If you want to hear from God read your Bible.

Reactions: lforrest