Christ Jesus is God: BIBLICAL PROOF, JUST FOLLOW THE ROCK!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Timothy 3:16
You know the scriptures dont contradict dont you?
Since the Rock is clearly God and that Rock is Christ,
To say 1Timothy 3:16 is not God. This position contradicts all those scriptures on the Rock which is God which is Jesus Christ.
The Bible is in perfect harmony.
Therefore you must disprove that the Rock is God and the Rock is Christ for your interpretation of 1Timothy 3:16 to be in harmony with the rest of the Scriptures.

Think you can accomplish this challenge?
I'm all ears!
Hi Titus.
If Jesus is God, why did Jesus need to be justified? How can the One Justifying and the one being justified, be one and the same?
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Titus

John 7:37 On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

Would you also believe, those who are like the "wise man" who build his house upon the rock, will also become rocks themselves? Of course this would not make them God also, would it?

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't like the mystery? Or you don't like me - I can't tell which?
There is no mystery!...but if you want to create your own go right ahead but i think you will find the Holy Bible isn't a choose your own adventure.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Titus.
If Jesus is God, why did Jesus need to be justified? How can the One Justifying and the one being justified, be one and the same?
F2F
Quote from Albert Barnes Notes on 1 Timothy 3:16

The word “justified,” here, is not used in the sense in which it is when applied to Christians, but in its more common signification.
  • It means to “vindicate,” and the sense is, that he was shown to be the Son of God by the agency of the Holy Spirit; he was thus vindicated from the charges alleged against him.
  • The Holy Spirit furnished the evidence that he was the Son of God, or “justified” his claims.
  • Thus he descended on him at his baptism, Mat_3:16; he was sent to convince the world of sin because it did not believe on him, Joh_16:8-9; the Saviour cast out devils by him, Mat_12:28; the Spirit was given to him without measure, Joh_3:34, and the Spirit was sent down in accordance with his promise, to convert the hearts of people; Act_2:33.

Status
Not open for further replies.