Christ-like.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
"I firmly believe that Mary, according to the words of the gospel as a pure Virgin brought forth for us the Son of God and in childbirth and after childbirth forever remained a pure, intact Virgin."
Ulrich Zwingli​

That just shows how little Zwingli knows about natural childbirth! He does your cause no favours, kepha.

Hi ms,

Further to my post #113 about Jesus remaining pure from the sin He bore, here's a confirmatory statement:

Hebres 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
The Bible without the Holy Spirit is a dead letter.

Religious organizations ("churches") without the Holy Spirit will only diminish Christ and His Word and gather men around men instead of to Christ.

Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Axehead

Xian Pugilist

Aug 4, 2012
So, you DO NOT believe that Jesus of Nazareth is God The Saviour?
Why is it so hard for a fundagelical to discuss what I said, rather than try to make some strawman issue that avoids what I said?
I never said anything to even hint at your question being how I see things. Thanks for trying to define me passive aggressively.

Since you think you can become your 'own' Christ, being as perfect as Christ like you said in vain, it's understandable why you would have hard time admitting that Jesus of Nazareth is part of The Godhead, God The Saviour.

I never said you can be your own Christ either. What is your deal/kick/purpose of ignoring what I said and trying to make up lies to redefine me in public?

That's patently offensive, malicious behavior. It violates the very nature of EVERY rule in the service agreement here.

If you can't be any more honest than that, don't participate.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Why is it so hard for a fundagelical to discuss what I said, rather than try to make some strawman issue that avoids what I said?
I never said anything to even hint at your question being how I see things. Thanks for trying to define me passive aggressively.

I never said you can be your own Christ either. What is your deal/kick/purpose of ignoring what I said and trying to make up lies to redefine me in public?

That's patently offensive, malicious behavior. It violates the very nature of EVERY rule in the service agreement here.

If you can't be any more honest than that, don't participate.

Does that mean you believe Jesus of Nazareth is God The Saviour, Immanuel God with us, as written? Or was He just a prophet like Moses and nothing more per your view?

Xian Pugilist

Aug 4, 2012
He's savior.

The point was WHY he was savior.

He was savior not because HE overpowered God, or His blood has magical properties that forces God's hand.

He's ONLY THE SAVIOR because God said that's the sign, that's how it would be.

It doesn't take away from Him, it adds TO HIM that He would die anyway, even when it wasn't necessary.

Does that mean you believe Jesus of Nazareth is God The Saviour, Immanuel God with us, as written? Or was He just a prophet like Moses and nothing more per your view?

I"m still waiting for you to man up and apologize.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
He's savior.

The point was WHY he was savior.

He was savior not because HE overpowered God, or His blood has magical properties that forces God's hand.

He's ONLY THE SAVIOR because God said that's the sign, that's how it would be.

It doesn't take away from Him, it adds TO HIM that He would die anyway, even when it wasn't necessary.

I"m still waiting for you to man up and apologize.

Talking about maning up, your response still EVADED the question. Is Jesus of Nazareth GOD or not, per your view? And if not per your view, then why?

Xian Pugilist

Aug 4, 2012
Talking about maning up, your response still EVADED the question. Is Jesus of Nazareth GOD or not, per your view? And if not per your view, then why?

Nope, I misread. I answered the wrong question. I adhere to Together and Separate.

If you say He is GOD, then you eliminate the separate and you are a heathen and heretic. He is both WITH and APART from God.

But, I can assume by your attempt at reflection, you are not man enough to own your mistakes and apologize. So why should I listen to the tripe you spew?

Why is it so hard for people like you and Strat to admit you made a mistake?

This would be a much more pleasant place if you could. I've had to admit to some HUGE ones in my days. A friend of mine, after 2.5 years of heated discussion regarding the Sabbath finally got it through my head and I had to admit I was wrong. That was a LOT bigger of an issue than admitting I misread your question.... But I made the change. I can admit I misread the question where "he is savior" wasn't the answer to the question you asked, but you guys can't admit you misrepresented me.

What sorta hubris do you live with?

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
AndyBern said:
One of the results of being Christ-like is that others can look at you (what you do, not what you say) and come to a greater understanding/appreciation of who Christ is.
Nicely stated, indeed it's the testimony of Jesus that we carry that maketh the person to radiate his presence. Christ in us and through us. SHALOM

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Is Jesus your savior ?
Is Jesus God ?
Has to be according to ...

Hosea 13:4
“But I have been the Lord your God
ever since you came out of Egypt.
You shall acknowledge no God but me,
no Savior except me.

I ask the JW's to read me that scripture and they nearly choke every time

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Xian Pugilist said:
Nope, I misread. I answered the wrong question. I adhere to Together and Separate.

If you say He is GOD, then you eliminate the separate and you are a heathen and heretic. He is both WITH and APART from God.
Since Jesus of Nazareth said He and The Father are 'One', then Jesus was saying He is God. At the end of John 8 Jesus declares Himself emphatically as The 'I AM'. Isaiah 9 declares Him as The everlasting Father and The mighty God (El). If you won't believe even the Old Testament prophets, then how can He save you? Only God can save us.

If Jesus of Nazareth is not Immanuel (God with us), as written, born in the flesh to die on the cross for remission of sins of those who believe on Him, then it would mean Jesus was just like any other man, and ANY MAN could do the same and it would save, even that we could do our OWN dying on the cross for our own salvation. Now that... clearly IS... heathenism. That's what it means to deny Jesus of Nazareth as God, and that He and The Father are One.

Reactions: williemac

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being Christlike is loving others by placing them before yourself. Difficult and simple.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Being Christ like is: Submitting to the Sovereign will of God the father, just as Jesus did throughout his earthly life.

Mt 11:29
Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep we are called to place God before ourselves too. He was included in 'others'. We worry far too much about God's sovereignty - so much so that sometimes it looks like we are trying to prop it up. Fact is, God is sovereign without our belief or apologetics. We are called to a much more difficult road - loving in all circumstances like Jesus did in the Garden of G and even unto death.

Finally 'submitting to God's sovereign will' IS loving others by placing them before ourselves - hence Jesus's description of His lowliness

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
Yep we are called to place God before ourselves too. He was included in 'others'. We worry far too much about God's sovereignty - so much so that sometimes it looks like we are trying to prop it up. Fact is, God is sovereign without our belief or apologetics. We are called to a much more difficult road - loving in all circumstances like Jesus did in the Garden of G and even unto death.

Finally 'submitting to God's sovereign will' IS loving others by placing them before ourselves - hence Jesus's description of His lowliness
You do bang on about things you don't fully understand. Carry On.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Thanks for the dismissal - I see that we both have much to learn.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
Thanks for the dismissal - I see that we both have much to learn.
I'm a disciple of Christ, so that follows.
nerd.gif

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Sounds like the human condition to me. Perhaps that is why we are called to love rather than spend our lives making arbitrary judgments about everything we encounter. Every time we make a judgment about what is good and evil we are eating from the tree of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Jesus was right - we have no business making that determination only God knows what good really is because He knows Himself.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
Sounds like the human condition to me. Perhaps that is why we are called to love rather than spend our lives making arbitrary judgments about everything we encounter. Every time we make a judgment about what is good and evil we are eating from the tree of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Jesus was right - we have no business making that determination only God knows what good really is because He knows Himself.
crying.gif