Christian and Disabled.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusLovesMe

Sep 27, 2020
Cabot Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. I’ve been a Christian for 6 years now. I wonder if Y’all ever ask why God made You the way you are?I know My lord and savior made Me perfect but here on earth I feel useless.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. I’ve been a Christian for 6 years now. I wonder if Y’all ever ask why God made You the way you are?I know My lord and savior made Me perfect but here on earth I feel useless.

I ask every day Travis. Can relate to what you shared and hate you feel ‘useless’. I don’t know what you mean by disabled. Or ‘useless’ but those words have come out of my mouth. Do you think Christ is useless? If Christ is in you, then how is His being in you made useless? Disabled makes me considered disarmed while 1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Considering Christ is not useless then can He not be the legs of those who have none? Can He not be the arms and feet and eyes and ears and strength of those who have none? Only an opinion but if God hears your prayers and cries (His Spirit interceding) ...then you are not useless but Very necessary, a place where He has put His Name. Without limit...

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello and welcome here @JesusLovesMe
Being disabled in this world, whether physical or in the learning dept., has nothing to do with who God uses and has used. Moses couldn't put a sentence together to save his life! lol. The large majority of the early church were illiterate, so the phrase "the hearing of the Word..." was used allot. We now have the complete written Word that God left to us...He makes the impossible very possible. He will help you to rise above your issues, no matter what they are. His Word is "Spirit" anyhow! Amen and just...trust. Him. :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many times. I ask it a bit differently I always wonder why I was born in the modern era because I really hate it, but I figure because of my physical disability I was born in one of the worst times but with good technology

Reactions: April_Rose

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
I think everyone has some doubts about our capabilities and giftings and how useful we are in this world. In 2018, my wife had a stroke and lost a lot of her capability. She struggled greatly with some of the feelings you describe. You might find her story helpful. She shared it through a blog: My Ischemic Stroke

Reactions: Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes since I'm mentally disabled and I got laughed at quite a bit for it actually. :(

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I apologize for the bad choice of words. My disability is a learning disability. He made Me perfect. I do have meaning. I’ve helped so many in the past.
Hi. I have A.D.D. and an acquired brain injury. Along with Lupus, Hepatitis C. for nearly half a century, 2 back injuries, and other things. After a season of suffering, He has started healing me. But in the midst of all of it, He is using me in ways He hasn't before.
What I'm trying to say is that human strength and ability (self-reliance) interfere with what God wants to do first in us and then through us. The apostle Paul said that he asked God to heal him 3 times, but God said that His grace was sufficient, that His power was (and is) made perfect in weakness.
Jesus said that apart from Him, we can do nothing. In Christ, we can do all things because He gives us strength. He will give us everything we need, but not everything we think we need. Learn what Jesus means when He says, "if you want to follow Me, then deny self, take up your cross daily and follow Me."
Salvation is a 3-part process because we are 3-part beings. Spirit, soul, and body.
Justification: Spirit - When we first believe, we are found not guilty in God's court of law due to Christ taking our badness and giving us His goodness. He pays for our sin. At this time, our spirit is reborn of incorruptible seed. If we sin, it's not because of our spirit.
Sanctification: Soul (mind, will, emotion) - This is a process that may be life-time. There is proper scripture learning required for this. The end of this is death to self. This will take time and it can be difficult and painful. Think about it and make sure you accept this.
Glorification: Body - When Jesus returns and catches us up with Him in the clouds, we will see Him and be like Him. We will have new bodies.
Dr. Bruce Thompson has a God-given course called, "The Divine Plumbline." A companion book is called, "The Walls Of My Heart." There may be others; this is what I used. It's based on Amos' plumbline in the book of Amos. It lines up the word of God along with your heart.
This is a lot so take it easy. What I'd ask is that you take it to the Lord and prove it in His word. Shalom.