Christian Books.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Over the years I have read many Christian books and wonder which ones stand out in your memory. I think the first one I ever read was, 'The Hiding Place' by Corrie ten Boom. Her testimony was inspirational.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the years I have read many Christian books and wonder which ones stand out in your memory. I think the first one I ever read was, 'The Hiding Place' by Corrie ten Boom. Her testimony was inspirational.

I liked Corrie, too. She was fun to listen to as well. I truly enjoyed her accent, LoL : )

I've been deeply moved by the visions I've read (Final Quest, A Divine Revelation Of Hell, The Heavens Opened, etc), but outside of those, one book that stands out in my memory was He Came To Set The Captives Free, by Rebecca Brown. Strongest testimony I've ever read, and that was over two decades ago at least.

Not an easy read, but a powerful one.

Reactions: Pearl

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great thread! I love the story of Corrie ten Boom and her family. The movie made about her life is excellent.

I love Christian novels. God has used them to get me through some tough times. My 2 favorites are Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and Divine by Karen Kingsbury. I've read them over and over and always find nuggets of encouragement every time I read them.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great thread! I love the story of Corrie ten Boom and her family. The movie made about her life is excellent.

I love Christian novels. God has used them to get me through some tough times. My 2 favorites are Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and Divine by Karen Kingsbury. I've read them over and over and always find nuggets of encouragement every time I read them.
I saw the film too, our vicar took a group of new Christians o see it.

I have learned a lot from 'teaching' books but also been inspired by testimonies. I recently re-read 'The Grace Outpouring' by Roy Godwin. And others on my bookshelf include, 'I Dared To Call Him Father' by Bilquis Sheikh, 'Faith Like Potatoes' which is the story of Angus Buchan and 'The Torn Veil' the story of Gulshan Esther. I love to read these testimonies but there don't seem to be as many around these days.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I don't think I've read a Christian novel.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw the film too, our vicar took a group of new Christians o see it.

I have learned a lot from 'teaching' books but also been inspired by testimonies. I recently re-read 'The Grace Outpouring' by Roy Godwin. And others on my bookshelf include, 'I Dared To Call Him Father' by Bilquis Sheikh, 'Faith Like Potatoes' which is the story of Angus Buchan and 'The Torn Veil' the story of Gulshan Esther. I love to read these testimonies but there don't seem to be as many around these days.
Have you seen the movie, Faith Like Potatoes? It's very good!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I've read a Christian novel.

Oh, wow! That's mostly what I read. These 2 novels are both about very tough subjects--human trafficking. Both are well written. Redeeming Love is loosely based on the book of Hosea in the Old Testament, but it doesn't take place in Bible times. Another Francine Rivers novel I love is The Scarlet Thread. Part of it takes place on the pioneer trails moving to the western U.S. in the 1800s. A bit of U.S. history there.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, wow! That's mostly what I read. These 2 novels are both about very tough subjects--human trafficking. Both are well written. Redeeming Love is loosely based on the book of Hosea in the Old Testament, but it doesn't take place in Bible times. Another Francine Rivers novel I love is The Scarlet Thread. Part of it takes place on the pioneer trails moving to the western U.S. in the 1800s. A bit of U.S. history there.
They sound good. I have read all the Chronicles of Narnia books more than once and got quite a lot out of them.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior