Christian Denomination Differences

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only by man's definitition! I will not let the world define what I am in Christ. Labels, labels, and more labels.....for what purpose? to distinguish how you interpret scripture and apply it in your life. IMHO...lol. I want to just follow the teachings of Jesus, as the disciples did. How did Paul introduce himself when writing to the churches?....he called himself a servant of Christ, a disciple, an apostle, a teacher, a preacher, and a prophet.....no denomination other than the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Hi,

"No denomination other than the gospel of Christ" is in Scripture (Romans 15:6).

HOWEVER, Scripture also talks about the wolves and false prophets amongst us tickling mans ears who draw away the faithful. So Scripture ALSO talks about other "denominations" that are not part of the ONE Church that Christ started on a rock.

Soooo that is HOW we get denominations.:rolleyes: They are breakaways from The Church. The trick is figuring out which one of the thousands of denominations is not The Church that Christ started. :(

Mary

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo YOU decide what are "false" doctrines and dogmas?

Please enlighten us.
Conversations with catholics might be more fruitful if the catholic would cease with the constant twisting of other peoples posts. If there is no other way for you to respond but shoe horn things into a persons post that they never said then we are done. Tired of all your games.

Reactions: illini1959

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conversations with catholics might be more fruitful if the catholic would cease with the constant twisting of other peoples posts. If there is no other way for you to respond but shoe horn things into a persons post that they never said then we are done. Tired of all your games.
YOU are the one who said "There are numerous false, manmade contradictory doctrines and dogmas in the rcc.

Sooooo it would stand to reason that YOU already know what is false. Right? Or are you saying you don't know what is false?

Curious Mary

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU are the one who said "There are numerous false, manmade contradictory doctrines and dogmas in the rcc.

Sooooo it would stand to reason that YOU already know what is false. Right? Or are you saying you don't know what is false?

Curious Mary
You quoted me then said;

"Soooo YOU decide what are "false" doctrines and dogmas?"

Where did i even hint at that? If i see someone saying 2+2=5 and correct them am i automatically 'the one that decides what is true or false' regarding math? Or can i simply add and subtract and see a glaring error? When catholics have to jump to the most ridiculous claims just to get a jab in i'm done with the dialogue.

Reactions: illini1959

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If youre a born again believer in Jesus youre a christian. In 1517 protestant meant something vastly different than it does today. Today they (whomever they are) lumped anyone not a catholic into a this group called protestant. This includes mormons, jw's, oneness pentacostals and others who are not christian in the least. So, while i do 'protest' false gospels i reject the term itself. I like you call myself nondenom but thats simply because i've never liked labels. Call me a christian, thats a label i'd wear proudly.
Sometimes the word Protestant can mean 'one who declares'.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
waste of precious time, just their 2 distract!! people from the core message, do u even know where denominations originally derived from?