1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christian Denomination Differences

Discussion in 'Christian Debate Forum' started by 4Jesus, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Marymog

Marymog Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hi,

"No denomination other than the gospel of Christ" is in Scripture (Romans 15:6).

HOWEVER, Scripture also talks about the wolves and false prophets amongst us tickling mans ears who draw away the faithful. So Scripture ALSO talks about other "denominations" that are not part of the ONE Church that Christ started on a rock.

Soooo that is HOW we get denominations.:rolleyes: They are breakaways from The Church. The trick is figuring out which one of the thousands of denominations is not The Church that Christ started. :(

Mary

2. Marymog

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Not possible;)....go back and look at the context. Also look for question marks as opposed to statements.

Peace

3. Nondenom40

Nondenom40 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Conversations with catholics might be more fruitful if the catholic would cease with the constant twisting of other peoples posts. If there is no other way for you to respond but shoe horn things into a persons post that they never said then we are done. Tired of all your games.

illini1959 likes this.
  4. Marymog

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    YOU are the one who said "There are numerous false, manmade contradictory doctrines and dogmas in the rcc.

Sooooo it would stand to reason that YOU already know what is false. Right? Or are you saying you don't know what is false?

Curious Mary

5. Nondenom40

Nondenom40 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You quoted me then said;

"Soooo YOU decide what are "false" doctrines and dogmas?"

Where did i even hint at that? If i see someone saying 2+2=5 and correct them am i automatically 'the one that decides what is true or false' regarding math? Or can i simply add and subtract and see a glaring error? When catholics have to jump to the most ridiculous claims just to get a jab in i'm done with the dialogue.

illini1959 likes this.
  6. Marymog

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    HINT: There are numerous false, manmade contradictory doctrines and dogmas in the rcc.

7. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Sometimes the word Protestant can mean 'one who declares'.

8. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

What a great summary of the Gospel! :)

9. DoveSpirit05

DoveSpirit05 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    waste of precious time, just their 2 distract!! people from the core message, do u even know where denominations originally derived from?