Christian Family Reunion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all Christians from all the different denominations would come together for a day or week or so and worship and praise God together? If we would set down barriers and love and fellowship with each other. If we would stop preaching against each other and pray together. I believe that many souls would be saved and the gospel of Jesus would spread farther. God would also be happy and pleased with us. What do You think?

jdbrown

Jun 5, 2011
"I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them. And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one." [John 17:6-11]

JesusFreakMartyr

May 30, 2011
UH, that would be awesome if we could all come together for one day and worship the LORD today! For me, personally, i prefer christian rock music - it really gets me hyped up engaged with the Holy Spirit. However, i know some denominations refuse using electric guitars and drums. So that would be tough for me.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all Christians from all the different denominations would come together for a day or week or so and worship and praise God together? If we would set down barriers and love and fellowship with each other. If we would stop preaching against each other and pray together. I believe that many souls would be saved and the gospel of Jesus would spread farther. God would also be happy and pleased with us. What do You think?

Why the one night stand? Why not...It would be wonderful if men could lay aside their doctrinal preferences to be led of the Spirit together...permanently!!!! :)

Reactions: Prentis

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian

That would be awesome...That is the very heart of God...when we all come together as the bride..the church.....and that is all followers of Christ in harmony...as one

That is the one thing I have found to be the hardest in my ministry....bringing other churches in to achieve one common goal...some want to help, but want a paying position....some want to charge the receiver.....some want to be in charge of it all....some do not want to be seen in a ministry from another church..they want to do it and want me and my church to come under them....HARD.....but then some have come on board for the common good of the community....

I have found that non-Christians are more open to my ministry...and just want to volunteer...just had a wicca raise money on a 122 km walk...and donated close to $500...now, I can love him and thank him and try to show him the love of Christ or I can refuse the donation...Guess I will just love him and teach him about Jesus in a quiet manner, until he ask the all important question...WHY...I can turn down the masons who want to help by buying equipment or I can accept and just tell them God Bless you for your heart and thank you so much....now that is hard for most churches to accept also...I do accept donations for non-Christians and thank them with a happy heart and know God has brought them across my path for a reason...Wahoo...thank you Lord, for allowing me to show others how much you love them...

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
In the city I live we have 2 organizations called the Ministerial Alliance (predominately African American) which is a group of ministers and pastors from several different denominations who work together to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and do community work and the United Ministers Organization (predomniately white) who are also a group of ministers and pastors from several denominations. Those to groups are working to form one organization for the edification and advancement of the saints of God. Unity and love is what we need in the body of Christ. At one time we were united under Jesus and the apostle's teachings but now we have been divided. Once a powerful force in the earth (spiritual and physical might) now we are a sleeping giant. Matthew 6:33 tells us to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness we are kingdom citizens. Jesus christ the one we say we worship and serve wants us to be unified. The Holy Spirit is not the author of confusionn and neither is God a "god" of disorder.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
In the city I live we have 2 organizations called the Ministerial Alliance (predominately African American) which is a group of ministers and pastors from several different denominations who work together to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and do community work and the United Ministers Organization (predomniately white) who are also a group of ministers and pastors from several denominations. Those to groups are working to form one organization for the edification and advancement of the saints of God. Unity and love is what we need in the body of Christ. At one time we were united under Jesus and the apostle's teachings but now we have been divided. Once a powerful force in the earth (spiritual and physical might) now we are a sleeping giant. Matthew 6:33 tells us to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness we are kingdom citizens. Jesus christ the one we say we worship and serve wants us to be unified. The Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion and neither is God a "god" of disorder.

Awesome...that is what church is...not the color of skin...but one with Christ.....praying for the Ministerial Alliance....Thanks UHCAlan for sharing such an uplifting story with me...it makes my heart swell with joy....