Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do hear what you are saying Joseph, and from what I can see...at least 2 of our mods are responding to his posts and, who knows...they might get through to something in his mind and heart! But, honestly, I do believe he needs professional help.
Unless (as was seen in the past) , it is simply a diversion, a distraction, by someone or some group of people on purpose...

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, as long and you're wanting people to not respect you or your views as well. That's at least a non-hypocritcal stance.
It's not logical - it is what God's Word says we all should do - be no respecter of persons (in the way God Means it) ....

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can't its so horrible a lie I can't repeat it here. But my X said I did something to my child.. and she read (my wife just married) it in my copy of court files (secretly read it). It ended my whole life when she left.. i never knew why she left for 20 years. God had just told me the devil did all this to me. Now its payback time!

Your wife read something in your court files which indicated that you did something to your child? or your wife told a story to the courts which ended your marriage because she lied?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
4]raised the dead

God has used quite a few to raise the dead. These are great miracles done by the power of God.

Acts 20:7-12
Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight. There were many lamps in the upper room where they were gathered together. And in a window sat a certain young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep. He was overcome by sleep; and as Paul continued speaking, he fell down from the third story and was taken up dead. But Paul went down, fell on him, and embracing him said, “Do not trouble yourselves, for his life is in him.” Now when he had come up, had broken bread and eaten, and talked a long while, even till daybreak, he departed. And they brought the young man in alive, and they were not a little comforted.

I have met an evangelist who God used in pretty much the same way, and as a result the dead person came back to life.

Praise the Lord.

It's true that the dead still can be raised from the dead.

Matthew 10:5‭-‬8
These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

The Bible is not just a history book, it is the Living Word of God. What Jesus did through the disciples then, he can still do through us Christians now.

Last edited:
Reactions: pompadour

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To compare BIBLICAL FACT with CATHOLIC FICTION is to downgrade the Bible.

There is no doubt that there are apparitions, ghosts, and spirits who appear to men. Even the Bible mentions these spirits, and when Christ walked on water, His disciples thought He was one of these spirits. But Mary -- who was saved by grace and is now in Heaven -- would not appear to men to promote false beliefs. So those apparitions -- just like those at seances -- are evil spirits masquerading as others. Satan -- the Bible says -- can transform himself into an angel of light, and so can his minions.

Mary appearing to others would be no different than a passed relative "appearing" to you. And, we know that cannot happen as per the scriptures. (The great gulf between Abraham's bosom and the rich man on the "bad" side) But, many are fooled, and are weak in the faith so...they need other brothers and sisters to ask God to soften hearts and change minds. Some minds though, do not think in logical ways so, only He can get through to ones heart and mind, even if the mind is a bit skewed.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a child in 1992 previous relationship... I fight to see him and she wanted me out forever. She invented a court lie no father should endure. Later I met my true love in 1997 we were to be married and she would be mine forever.. and she went into my files without asking me and read a lie from my X.. and she bailed the day after we married. Such an impossible thing to happen to me! What guy can't spend even one day of marriage with his true love? The devil did all this. Only he could do that to me. He wanted me to not discover the Shroud thing. I went off into a 15 year depression. Later God showed me my Love for her.. and then he told me everything and how it all happened. Figuring Luke out told me I wrote something. Its also a message for you guys.

luke2.jpg

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina,

That's nice dear but irrelevant to what we are discussing here...
It has everything to do with this discussion.
God has closed off revelation.
to commit the same wholly unto writing; which maketh the Holy Scriptures to be most necessary, those former ways of God's revealing his will unto his people being now ceased.
This is the historic belief of the confessing church.

The apostles were foundational eph2:20, there are no new apostles today.
There were signs of the Apostles
2cor12
12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
acts4
33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

acts5
12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.
acts14
3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

4 But the multitude of the city was divided: and part held with the Jews, and part with the apostles.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tong said Mary is dead. Which is it?
Mary is very much awake and alive in Heaven. As are all the saints since the martyred Stephen.

However, the Bible does not place her as Queen of Heaven at the right hand of the Father. That place is reserved for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I had a child in 1992 previous relationship... I fight to see him and she wanted me out forever. She invented a court lie no father should endure. Later I met my true love in 1997 we were to be married and she would be mine forever.. she went into my files without asking me and read a lie from my X.. and she bailed the day after we married.. Such an impossible thing to happen to me! What guy can't spend even one day of marriage with his true love? The devil did all this. Only he could do that to me. He wanted me to not discover the Shroud thing. I went off into a 15 year depression.
Oh my! I am so sorry that this terrible thing happened to you! :confused:

Reactions: Nancy

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mary is very much awake and alive in Heaven. As are all the saints since the martyred Stephen.

However, the Bible does not place her as Queen of Heaven at the right hand of the Father. That place is reserved for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes indeed, it places her at the right hand of Jesus, just as Bathsheba to Soloman,

1kings 2:19

Peace!

Reactions: historyb

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah.. but with God he can restore it for ever and ever.

My wife had already left me.. but she came back and married me. I said God pushed her into it. She's mine forever let no man tear apart!

Mark 10:6-9
1 John 4:7

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Angelina,

No... he hasn't. Just because you have never had a revelation from God, does not mean that God does not work like this any more. It's just you!!!! You have not had a personal encounter with the Holy Spirit. Most folks who believe this lie are in the same position as you are. I am thinking now that you come across as a cessationist. Is this true? o_O

Reactions: Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Angelina,

to commit the same wholly unto writing; which maketh the Holy Scriptures to be most necessary, those former ways of God's revealing his will unto his people being now ceased.
This is the historic belief of the confessing church.

The apostles were foundational eph2:20, there are no new apostles today.
There were signs of the Apostles
2cor12
12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
acts4
33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

acts5
12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.
acts14
3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

4 But the multitude of the city was divided: and part held with the Jews, and part with the apostles.

The prophecy of Joel was repeated in the book of Acts.

Acts 2:14-21

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy. I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord . And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved.’

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:26
New Testament
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you
That was spoken to the Apostles, not you Jane.
The Spirit cannot bring to your remembrance what you were not there to hear Jesus say.
You have not heard the audible voice of Jesus.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The prophecy of Joel was repeated in the book of Acts.

Acts 2:14-21

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy. I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord . And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved.’

@Anthony D'Arienzo

We are still in what is described as the last days, the last days have not finished yet.

So sons and daughters are still prophesying, and people are still seeing dreams and visions from God.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yeah.. but with God he can restore it for ever and ever.

My wife had already left me.. but she came back and married me. I said God pushed her into it. She's mine forever let no man tear apart!

Mark 10:6-9
1 John 4:7
Praise God for his restorative hand in this situation. He is so good! Glory!

Reactions: Philip James

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never knew why she came back and married me... after she read that lie.

I said God put it into her head to do it. I asked her why shes not with her new love.. she said I don't love him I love you..but I'm sure her new angel guy she left with said why you going to be with him look what he did to his kid.

She called him angel. His middle name was angel.

I'm a destroy this angel.

They ended up divorsing.. lost house in financial crisis.. while I gained one.

Then that lead to Luke.. but he come b/c devil destroyed my future. Robbed me of all them kids that I could of had... if I had a life like you guys.. happy and married.

Then left me a message I wrote something good.

The postcard.

luke2.jpg

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That was spoken to the Apostles, not you Jane.
The Spirit cannot bring to your remembrance what you were not there to hear Jesus say.
You have not heard the audible voice of Jesus.
I have heard the audible voice of Jesus. I will stick my hand up for that one but you haven't got it on your "destruction of the Holy Spirit's power" list :)

Reactions: pompadour and Josho