Christian in name only, Christian sinners, and Christian saints

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough. I should have put out an answer clearly first. No I would not agree with that. I say I am not sinning. I also say I do not have lust in my heart to anymore.

The reason I do not agree with your manner of question, is because your words of sinless perfection are misleading in two ways. Sinlessness implies any man can come to a place on earth where sin is no more tempting to him, and so the devil doesn't bother trying to tempt him anymore. Perfection which is taught in the Bible, becomes something different when attached to sinlessness and implies being perfected as in the resurrection. And so I am not sinning and do not have desire to sin in my heart, and so I have a perfect heart toward my friend Jesus and I am not sinning with Him, but I am not sinlessly perfected.

Now you can answer as clearly as you want. Are you still sinning in works of the flesh?

Well sinlessness means one does not sin anymore. that simple! Devil will always tempt. But sinless perfection is a false concept promoted by some who think you can live 24/7 the rest of your days and never sin again.

But your definition, is something call differently but agree with 100% That is really the desire of most Christians

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well sinlessness means one does not sin anymore. that simple! Devil will always tempt. But sinless perfection is a false concept promoted by some who think you can live 24/7 the rest of your days and never sin again.

But your definition, is something call differently but agree with 100% That is really the desire of most Christians
Ok, by your definition, I am now sinless and not doing works of the flesh and I don't plan on changing later or the next day, and I know I don't have to.

And you don't agree with me, because you think I have to change at some point in the future. If you think you have to start sinning again, or even dabble in a work of flesh from time to time, because you don't believe it's possible not to, then that is your problem, not mine. And if you think everyone else also has to go along with you, then that is your lie, not mine. I don't agree with your pessimistic view of the future, and I certainly don't follow you in it.

I was once like you in doing works of the flesh and confessing to be forgiven, but I was never like you in believing it was not possible to stop that old cycle of sin, confess, forgiven over and over again. That is why I finally recieved a true teaching on how not to in becoming best friends with Jesus, which you have already rejected when I wrote it to you the first time. Once you stop excusing yourself with lies about what is and is not possible for Jesus lovers in this life, then you too can change your life and your tune. But that is only if you want to long enough to go without your particular work or works of flesh you still do.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, by your definition, I am now sinless and not doing works of the flesh and I don't plan on changing later or the next day, and I know I don't have to.

And you don't agree with me, because you think I have to change at some point in the future. If you think you have to start sinning again, or even dabble in a work of flesh from time to time, because you don't believe it's possible not to, then that is your problem, not mine. And if you think everyone else also has to go along with you, then that is your lie, not mine. I don't agree with your pessimistic view of the future, and I certainly don't follow you in it.

I was once like you in doing works of the flesh and confessing to be forgiven, but I was never like you in believing it was not possible to stop that old cycle of sin, confess, forgiven over and over again. That is why I finally recieved a true teaching on how not to in becoming best friends with Jesus, which you have already rejected when I wrote it to you the first time. Once you stop excusing yourself with lies about what is and is not possible for Jesus lovers in this life, then you too can change your life and your tune. But that is only if you want to long enough to go without your particular work or works of flesh you still do.

So you believe you are now living a sinlessly perfect life? I do not want to misunderstand you.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe you are now living a sinlessly perfect life? I do not want to misunderstand you.
I have answered you twice already and more clearly the second time. I am saying I am no longer living with works of the flesh, but I am now living without them. If you want to call that sinless perfection in order to somehow reject my testimony, then go ahead.

Are you saying that Christians cannot live above works of the flesh blamelessly?

You are witnesses, and God also, how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe. (1 Thessalonians 2.10)

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5.23)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have answered you twice already and more clearly the second time. I am saying I am no longer living with works of the flesh, but I am now living without them. If you want to call that sinless perfection in order to somehow reject my testimony, then go ahead.

Are you saying that Christians cannot live above works of the flesh blamelessly?

You are witnesses, and God also, how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe. (1 Thessalonians 2.10)

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5.23)

Well instead of writing in flourishing grandiose ways, you could simply say- Yes I no longer sin. but you have said you no longer sin anymore and are thus living sinlessly perfect 24/7 by saying you no longer live with works of the flesh.

YOu are deceived.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well instead of writing in flourishing grandiose ways, you could simply say- Yes I no longer sin. but you have said you no longer sin anymore and are thus living sinlessly perfect 24/7 by saying you no longer live with works of the flesh.

YOu are deceived.
There's nothing grandiose about being best friends with Jesus. The main difference between you and me, is that when I was double minded like you, I didn't find fault with them that weren't, but wanted to know exactly how they were delivered from it. I was finally told something that clicked, and I prayed and sought the Lord's friendship, instead of just an occasionally disobedient servant. You instead make excuses for it, and falsely accuse others doing better than you. You're nothing but a petulant little wimp.

So Samuel said to him, “The LORD has torn the kingdom of Israel from you today, and has given it to a neighbor of yours, who is better than you.
(1 Samuel 15.28)

For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1.8-11)

In the military we did lag control during runs, to go back and sweep up those lagging behind, but if they did not even try and refused to catch up but showed an attitude like yours, then they were booted from our unit.

You get the boot, and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's nothing grandiose about being best friends with Jesus. The main difference between you and me, is that when I was double minded like you, I didn't find fault with them that weren't, but wanted to know exactly how they were delivered from it. I was finally told something that clicked, and I prayed and sought the Lord's friendship, instead of just an occasionally disobedient servant. You instead make excuses for it, and falsely accuse others doing better than you. You're nothing but a petulant little wimp.

So Samuel said to him, “The LORD has torn the kingdom of Israel from you today, and has given it to a neighbor of yours, who is better than you.
(1 Samuel 15.28)

For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1.8-11)

In the military we did lag control during runs, to go back and sweep up those lagging behind, but if they did not even try and refused to catch up but showed an attitude like yours, then they were booted from our unit.

You get the boot, and good riddance to bad rubbish.

So now you read minds as well? well there goes your sinless perfection because divination is a sin and you just admitted you practice by pretending to know what is in my mind or heart.

and your petulant outburst and string of ad-hominems is your second sin in one post.

Just another pharisee in white washed clothes thinking they don't sin!

If you bothered to know me or ask questions instead of sinning the sin of presumption, you would find out exactly how foolish your post is.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A believer in Jesus experiences ongoing tension between living by the Spirit and giving in to selfish desires. There are only two ways to resolve this issue. The first is to die and be with God. The second is to give up the struggle and give in to the flesh. This is the option we must avoid.

Our battle against the flesh isn’t hopeless, for we’re no longer under the authority of sin. In Romans 6, Paul explains why sin no longer has authority over us. If we’ve died with Jesus, we’ve been set free from sin. (v7). While sin is no longer our master (v14), the pull to sin is real and powerful. But we don’t have to give in.

Sin once ruled over us, but in Christ we’re no longer slaves to sin. We live this life of tension between the Spirit and our former rulers, sin and the flesh. We’re to go on choosing the Spirit because we belong to jesus now.

The second reason our battle against the flesh isn’t hopeless is that one day it will come to an end. As Paul says in Ephesians 1:13-14. The Spirit is a seal marking the fact we belong to Christ. The Spirit is proof of our future. We know that Spirit-filled people one day be fully transformed, with new resurrection bodies. We’ll be, once and for all, totally free from sinning.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives points to a glorious future without sin, suffering or shame as the glorified children of God.

LIVING FREE - from Our Daily Bread Oct '22

I read the above a couple of days ago and to me it is probably the best description of living without sin I have ever come across.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A believer in Jesus experiences ongoing tension between living by the Spirit and giving in to selfish desires. There are only two ways to resolve this issue. The first is to die and be with God. The second is to give up the struggle and give in to the flesh. This is the option we must avoid.

Our battle against the flesh isn’t hopeless, for we’re no longer under the authority of sin. In Romans 6, Paul explains why sin no longer has authority over us. If we’ve died with Jesus, we’ve been set free from sin. (v7). While sin is no longer our master (v14), the pull to sin is real and powerful. But we don’t have to give in.

Sin once ruled over us, but in Christ we’re no longer slaves to sin. We live this life of tension between the Spirit and our former rulers, sin and the flesh. We’re to go on choosing the Spirit because we belong to jesus now.

The second reason our battle against the flesh isn’t hopeless is that one day it will come to an end. As Paul says in Ephesians 1:13-14. The Spirit is a seal marking the fact we belong to Christ. The Spirit is proof of our future. We know that Spirit-filled people one day be fully transformed, with new resurrection bodies. We’ll be, once and for all, totally free from sinning.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives points to a glorious future without sin, suffering or shame as the glorified children of God.

LIVING FREE - from Our Daily Bread Oct '22

I read the above a couple of days ago and to me it is probably the best description of living without sin I have ever come across.

Pearl is wise! We are commanded to not sin, and if we learn to live in the Spirit 24/7 we can avoid sin!

but for the 99.99999999999999999% of believers who haven't reached that lofty position yet ( I don't say 100% because there are 3-4 here who think they no longer sin), we have this precious knowledge:

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 John 1:8-10
King James Version

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Pearl is wise! We are commanded to not sin, and if we learn to live in the Spirit 24/7 we can avoid sin!

Let me show you a trick the Devil plays on believers.

First, Paul says..>"being dead to sin, how can we live in it any longer". Paul says.."your old man of sin, that adamic nature, is Crucified with Christ, and you are now a NEW CREATION In Christ".......= "As Christ is So are the born again, in this world"..

Then, the DEVIL says...come now, really? Never mind all that....What does he know...
Listen to ME..... You are really just a saved sinner and nothing more, so, go to 1 John 1:9 that isn't written to the believers....and keep on confessing those sins, and keep committing more to confess again for the rest of your LIFE..... as that is the "Real Christianity" that i teach..
That is my "bible".
That is my "discipleship".
= Follow tho me.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you read minds as well? well there goes your sinless perfection because divination is a sin and you just admitted you practice by pretending to know what is in my mind or heart.

and your petulant outburst and string of ad-hominems is your second sin in one post.

Just another pharisee in white washed clothes thinking they don't sin!

If you bothered to know me or ask questions instead of sinning the sin of presumption, you would find out exactly how foolish your post is.
It doesn't take any divination to know when I'm talking to a loser. A Christian testifies to you how to be best friends with Jesus and free of works of the flesh, and you accuse them, instead of considering the same for yourself. You're a bozo that I definitely don't want to get to know and not even to talk to.

"Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch." (Matthew 15.14)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't take any divination to know when I'm talking to a loser. A Christian testifies to you how to be best friends with Jesus and free of works of the flesh, and you accuse them, instead of considering the same for yourself. You're a bozo that I definitely don't want to get to know and not even to talk to.

"Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch." (Matthew 15.14)

I became a best friend of Jesus teh moment I got savved. Actually I was a best friend from before the foundation of the world!

I already know how one can live sin free. But for you to claim you do is ridiculous. and as 1 John says that those who say they no longer sin are not of God!

All Christians except four of you on this forum know that we desire with all our hearts to live sin free.

We do not excuse ourt sin, we confess them and thank god for the forgiveness gained for us on the cross.

We are all gorwing in grace and learning to live more and more godly lives- you say you have arrived already.

teh factg you throw an insult at me - tells me you still sin! Perfect love believes the best hopes the best endures all thigs, 1 Cor. 13. YOu get offeneded and lash out- so love is not perfected in you yet, like the rest of the followers of Jesus!

We are Jesus' frineds by what He did for us, not by what we do for Him! Our deeds are merely an outworking of HIm working in us1 NOt some act of meritorious advancing in friendship with Him.

Jesus has begun a good work in all believers! And it is He who will complete that good work He has started, we are learining how to cooperate more and more! Nonew of us- including you have arrived yet.

You think I am bashing you- I am not! I am trying to steer you away from this "religious deception" so you will not have to be ground to powder by god. You are being led down a path that sounds so nice and sweet and reasonable and even biblical, but it is not and will lead to grave harm for you.

and I am not saying it is okay to sin- just the opposite!

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I became a best friend of Jesus teh moment I got savved. Actually I was a best friend from before the foundation of the world!

I already know how one can live sin free. But for you to claim you do is ridiculous. and as 1 John says that those who say they no longer sin are not of God!

All Christians except four of you on this forum know that we desire with all our hearts to live sin free.

We do not excuse ourt sin, we confess them and thank god for the forgiveness gained for us on the cross.

We are all gorwing in grace and learning to live more and more godly lives- you say you have arrived already.

teh factg you throw an insult at me - tells me you still sin! Perfect love believes the best hopes the best endures all thigs, 1 Cor. 13. YOu get offeneded and lash out- so love is not perfected in you yet, like the rest of the followers of Jesus!

We are Jesus' frineds by what He did for us, not by what we do for Him! Our deeds are merely an outworking of HIm working in us1 NOt some act of meritorious advancing in friendship with Him.

Jesus has begun a good work in all believers! And it is He who will complete that good work He has started, we are learining how to cooperate more and more! Nonew of us- including you have arrived yet.

You think I am bashing you- I am not! I am trying to steer you away from this "religious deception" so you will not have to be ground to powder by god. You are being led down a path that sounds so nice and sweet and reasonable and even biblical, but it is not and will lead to grave harm for you.

and I am not saying it is okay to sin- just the opposite!
Oh, so being best friends with Jesus isn't just flourishing writing in grandiose ways anymore? The childish thing about you is, you don't know how to be corrected and so you can't even tell when your backtracking while also trying to be offensive.

As I've said, this is not about who is saved and who is not, but it's only about still doing works of the flesh, or not. So we'll resolve this now. You continue on in your imperfect Christian living, and I'll continue on in my more perfect Christian living. That way we will both be glad about where are. You're glad to be saved while still be doing works of the flesh at times, and I'm glad to be saved while not doing them anymore, and so long as we are with Him at His appearing, then all is well with our souls.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, so being best friends with Jesus isn't just flourishing writing in grandiose ways anymore? The childish thing about you is, you don't know how to be corrected and so you can't even tell when your backtracking while also trying to be offensive.

As I've said, this is not about who is saved and who is not, but it's only about still doing works of the flesh, or not. So we'll resolve this now. You continue on in your imperfect Christian living, and I'll continue on in my more perfect Christian living. That way we will both be glad about where are. You're glad to be saved while still be doing works of the flesh at times, and I'm glad to be saved while not doing them anymore, and so long as we are with Him at His appearing, then all is well with our souls.

Wow you really suck at knowing what I feel and why I write!

So now it is not perfect christian living- but a more perfect chrstian living?

And are you stalking me so you know how I live and how perfect or imperfect I live?

YOu seem anxious to add sin unto sin in your pretending to know my life.

BTW YOur fist sentence here shows you are still very much doing the works of the flesh.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow you really suck at knowing what I feel and why I write!

So now it is not perfect christian living- but a more perfect chrstian living?

And are you stalking me so you know how I live and how perfect or imperfect I live?

YOu seem anxious to add sin unto sin in your pretending to know my life.

BTW YOur fist sentence here shows you are still very much doing the works of the flesh.
Obviously you've never heard of knowing what a person is by what they say and how they act. I don't need to dig around in the mud of your childish little roots to know that you're a peevish little accusative brat. You're one of those small souls that only gets upset at finding someone better than yourself, rather than wanting to be like them by learning from them and doing like them. I was once stuck in repeating works of the flesh in need of forgiveness like you, but I was never like you in spirit, but was looking for a way out with Jesus and was shown it. I do not talk with disgruntled little spiteful immature people when I find them and know exactly who they are. Goodbye.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously you've never heard of knowing what a person is by what they say and how they act. I don't need to dig around in the mud of your childish little roots to know that you're a peevish little accusative brat. You're one of those small souls that only gets upset at finding someone better than yourself, rather than wanting to be like them by learning from them and doing like them. I was once stuck in repeating works of the flesh in need of forgiveness like you, but I was never like you in spirit, but was looking for a way out with Jesus and was shown it. I do not talk with disgruntled little spiteful immature people when I find them and know exactly who they are. Goodbye.

Wow now you are betrayi8ng 1 cor. 13 :

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I have no idea who you are or if you are better than me or not. Neither do you know me or know my life before God. I am not mad in the least, but trying to help you stop being so spiritually arrogant so that God doesn't have to let your arrogance crush you and God have to rebuild you!