Christian Prepping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree in the rapture...me neither.

But as for saving money...unless it is in gold it can become useless over night. So 'to me' saving money while a 'good try' may end up being 'ashes'. And even if it is in gold or silver "they" will just devalue it.

I'm not sure that there is anything physically that we can do to prepare. I suppose that trying doesn't hurt...as long as our confidence isn't invested heavily on it.

Doc Trox

Sep 9, 2018
North Island
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Greetings! I'm new to this forum. Not my choice to be here, but the Lord's. I am certain more will be revealed.

I do prep, but simply because the Lord has shown me what is coming, and is leading me. Evidently, that includes prepping, at this time.

Bottom line: We must seek the Lord in all we do, and not get into our own wills on this; and then DO what the Lord has told each of us to do i.e. be obedient.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings! I'm new to this forum. Not my choice to be here, but the Lord's. I am certain more will be revealed.

I do prep, but simply because the Lord has shown me what is coming, and is leading me. Evidently, that includes prepping, at this time.

Bottom line: We must seek the Lord in all we do, and not get into our own wills on this; and then DO what the Lord has told each of us to do i.e. be obedient.

Hi Doc! Welcome to the forum!!!

So what do you do to prep?

B

brakelite

Lack of food...community violence...government/martial law...one world religion and associated religious laws...no work...no buying/selling and all that relates...not one or any of these things will be the greatest threat to our wellbeing. Of course, those who advocate OSAS have nothing to worry about right? But I believe the greatest threat will be to our spiritual wellbeing. In the last days will come such demonic activity that deception and false miracles etc will predominate life. It is that for which we need to prepare.
“To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” Isaiah 8:20. The people of God are directed to the Scriptures as their safeguard against the influence of false teachers and the delusive power of spirits of darkness. Satan employs every possible device to prevent men from obtaining a knowledge of the Bible; for its plain utterances reveal his deceptions. At every revival of God's work the prince of evil is aroused to more intense activity; he is now putting forth his utmost efforts for a final struggle against Christ and His followers. The last great delusion is soon to open before us. Antichrist is to perform his marvelous works in our sight. So closely will the counterfeit resemble the true that it will be impossible to distinguish between them except by the Holy Scriptures. By their testimony every statement and every miracle must be tested.
Those who endeavor to obey all the commandments of God will be opposed and derided. They can stand only in God. In order to endure the trial before them, they must understand the will of God as revealed in His word; they can honor Him only as they have a right conception of His character, government, and purposes, and act in accordance with them. None but those who have fortified the mind with the truths of the Bible will stand through the last great conflict. To every soul will come the searching test: Shall I obey God rather than men? The decisive hour is even now at hand. Are our feet planted on the rock of God's immutable word? Are we prepared to stand firm in defense of the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus? (Revelation 12:17; 14:6-12)
Before His crucifixion the Saviour explained to His disciples that He was to be put to death and to rise again from the tomb, and angels were present to impress His words on minds and hearts. But the disciples were looking for temporal deliverance from the Roman yoke, and they could not tolerate the thought that He in whom all their hopes centered should suffer an ignominious death. The words which they needed to remember were banished from their minds; and when the time of trial came, it found them unprepared. The death of Jesus as fully destroyed their hopes as if He had not forewarned them. So in the prophecies the future is opened before us as plainly as it was opened to the disciples by the words of Christ. The events connected with the close of probation and the work of preparation for the time of trouble, are clearly presented. But multitudes have no more understanding of these important truths than if they had never been revealed. Satan watches to catch away every impression that would make them wise unto salvation, and the time of trouble will find them unready.
When God sends to men warnings so important that they are represented as proclaimed by holy angels flying in the midst of heaven, He requires every person endowed with reasoning powers to heed the message. The fearful judgments denounced against the worship of the beast and his image (Revelation 14:9-11), should lead all to a diligent study of the prophecies to learn what the mark of the beast is, and how they are to avoid receiving it. But the masses of the people turn away their ears from hearing the truth and are turned unto fables. The apostle Paul declared, looking down to the last days: “The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine.” 2 Timothy 4:3. That time has fully come. The multitudes do not want Bible truth, because it interferes with the desires of the sinful, world-loving heart; and Satan supplies the deceptions which they love."

The Great Controversy
E G White

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to the forums, Doc!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

...welcome-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Welcome Doc! I hope your stay here goes smoothly! You may even become a regular contributor... :)

Doc Trox

Sep 9, 2018
North Island
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you, Mayflower, Episkopos, “ByGrace”, and Jane_Doe22 for the friendly reception!

I was asked: “So what do you do to prep?”

I wish I could provide the specifics here! If we were conversing face-to-face, it might be appropriate – or it still might not be.

A wise prepper generally conceals the fact that he is a prepper. And I’ve already broken that rule, at the Lord’s urging.

When most people think of the word “prepper,” the image is one of a lone individual or family in a post-apocalyptic world, armed to the teeth, keeping an anxious vigil over a cache of supplies, prepared to kill hordes of zombies or angry neighbors. It’s a depiction we’ve seen far too many times in movies, TV shows, and ads for survival gear, which image, incidentally, is a part of the enemy’s psychological conditioning.

Yes, I’m into preparedness, but I refuse to become paranoid or focus too much of my attention on doomsday scenarios that may or may not occur in my lifetime. I’m interested in being prepared for the familiar setbacks that happen frequently: job lay-offs, accidents, illness, power failures, severe storms, etc. When I’m ready for those, I am mostly prepared for the major catastrophes as well.

Having said that, the Lord has shown me many things, e.g. natural and man-made disasters will increase; huge numbers of people will die rather soon; there will be massive food shortages, riots, and round-ups of New World Order antagonists; domestic and foreign troops will be called out onto USA streets; the Lord will be providing me with food thus my food preps may not be for my own use; and much more...

Also, most folks don’t know that there are paid professional shills posting in internet forums whose sole mission is to elicit info from others. In fact, all of google is run by a supercomputer, i.e. AI (Artificial Intelligence). Every post, every keystroke, anything ever entered – including deletions – is collected and data banked forever. Due to my past ‘net behavior, I no doubt have a rather high Threat Matrix score (My name is probably on the No-Fly List!).

And I reject the idea of going it alone, as the key to survival and recovery is cooperation – not holing up with a pile of beans in an ivory tower. As some of you intimated in this forum, the loner or isolated group with guns and a food stockpile cannot hold out forever. Even in short-term emergencies, we come through much better if we work together. Neighborhood and family preparedness is my objective and vision. I want to share with my neighbors, not shoot them. I want to construct a community, not a bunker. After an adverse event, I want to be a rebuilder, not a looter. It’s about making solid friendships with my neighbors and extended family members so that we can take care of one another in good times and bad and witness Jesus Christ to them.

So talking casually to strangers about how and/or what I prep is not something I do. But the Lord does want me to share something with those who are becoming concerned about the present season before us, becoming concerned about the 24/7 psychological warfare. The goals of psychological warfare are no different here at home than elsewhere in the world: to scare the people, in this case the American people, into willingly surrendering their rights and accepting ever-increasing levels of repression; and to desensitize the people to horrendous levels of interpersonal violence. The ultimate goal, and one that we are rapidly approaching, is the destruction of all social bonds and the obliteration of any remaining sense of community—the complete atomization of society.

The short story is, the buzzword for today is community. And to that end, I post in this forum.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you, Mayflower, Episkopos, “ByGrace”, and Jane_Doe22 for the friendly reception!

I was asked: “So what do you do to prep?”

I wish I could provide the specifics here! If we were conversing face-to-face, it might be appropriate – or it still might not be.

A wise prepper generally conceals the fact that he is a prepper. And I’ve already broken that rule, at the Lord’s urging.

When most people think of the word “prepper,” the image is one of a lone individual or family in a post-apocalyptic world, armed to the teeth, keeping an anxious vigil over a cache of supplies, prepared to kill hordes of zombies or angry neighbors. It’s a depiction we’ve seen far too many times in movies, TV shows, and ads for survival gear, which image, incidentally, is a part of the enemy’s psychological conditioning.

Yes, I’m into preparedness, but I refuse to become paranoid or focus too much of my attention on doomsday scenarios that may or may not occur in my lifetime. I’m interested in being prepared for the familiar setbacks that happen frequently: job lay-offs, accidents, illness, power failures, severe storms, etc. When I’m ready for those, I am mostly prepared for the major catastrophes as well.

Having said that, the Lord has shown me many things, e.g. natural and man-made disasters will increase; huge numbers of people will die rather soon; there will be massive food shortages, riots, and round-ups of New World Order antagonists; domestic and foreign troops will be called out onto USA streets; the Lord will be providing me with food thus my food preps may not be for my own use; and much more...

Also, most folks don’t know that there are paid professional shills posting in internet forums whose sole mission is to elicit info from others. In fact, all of google is run by a supercomputer, i.e. AI (Artificial Intelligence). Every post, every keystroke, anything ever entered – including deletions – is collected and data banked forever. Due to my past ‘net behavior, I no doubt have a rather high Threat Matrix score (My name is probably on the No-Fly List!).

And I reject the idea of going it alone, as the key to survival and recovery is cooperation – not holing up with a pile of beans in an ivory tower. As some of you intimated in this forum, the loner or isolated group with guns and a food stockpile cannot hold out forever. Even in short-term emergencies, we come through much better if we work together. Neighborhood and family preparedness is my objective and vision. I want to share with my neighbors, not shoot them. I want to construct a community, not a bunker. After an adverse event, I want to be a rebuilder, not a looter. It’s about making solid friendships with my neighbors and extended family members so that we can take care of one another in good times and bad and witness Jesus Christ to them.

So talking casually to strangers about how and/or what I prep is not something I do. But the Lord does want me to share something with those who are becoming concerned about the present season before us, becoming concerned about the 24/7 psychological warfare. The goals of psychological warfare are no different here at home than elsewhere in the world: to scare the people, in this case the American people, into willingly surrendering their rights and accepting ever-increasing levels of repression; and to desensitize the people to horrendous levels of interpersonal violence. The ultimate goal, and one that we are rapidly approaching, is the destruction of all social bonds and the obliteration of any remaining sense of community—the complete atomization of society.

The short story is, the buzzword for today is community. And to that end, I post in this forum.

What a good and interesting post. Amen very well said...agree.
Thank you for sharing that.

Finding people with balance is hard...they either are clueless with their head in the sand...or they are all foolish and hyped up. ( as we once were back in the 70's.)

I guess that we have all known for years that 'they' are gathering information on us all.
I remember reading that anyone at any time can listen to our conversations via our TV's without them being on.
My husband said to me...Well if they want to spend time listening to us praying ...then have at it! :)
We are too old and long in the tooth now to be a threat to anyone.

Bless you...Helen.

Reactions: amadeus

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A friend of mine was so worried that she would be ‘left behind’ (her parents were really into the rapture) that she would race home from school and check to she if her parents were raptured - if they happen to be a the store or something she would become quite anxious.

I think this type of theology is scary for a kid

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A friend of mine was so worried that she would be ‘left behind’ (her parents were really into the rapture) that she would race home from school and check to she if her parents were raptured - if they happen to be a the store or something she would become quite anxious.

I think this type of theology is scary for a kid
i might have said deadly, but ya

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i might have said deadly, but ya

One of the things that I did right for my kids...I never believed in the Rapture so I never passed it on to them.
Sadly I did tell them about the great tribulation and scared the life out of them....they are in their late 50's now..and still pull my leg about how I taught it to them. :D

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't eat gold. And you can't shoot beans. And you can't drive bullets. And a car is a lousy store of value. "Prep" depends on what you want to prep for.

It seems like a joke when you realize that "preps" often correspond to the prepper's hobby. Gun collectors are sure there will be a fire fight. Campers assume they will have to live in the wilderness for a while. Gardeners expect to have to grow everything they eat. Amateur soldiers expect to do a lot of sneaking through bushes. And if you ask exactly what they think is going to happen, they can only list what they are prepared for. If a flood breaks out, only the fishermen survive.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Has anyone here heard about Christian prepping? I read about this awhile back on Christian Forums and was surprised Christians actually do this, prepping for Tribulation. I think it is a good idea to be prepared, but it is hard enough to actually keep an emergency fund back, besides thinking about bomb shelters, places to hide for Christian persecution, etc. I would have to trust God to protect me and my family as I always have. But does anyone have any insight on this? Is there anything we should do to be preparing for this time? Because it can't be getting any farther away. I do believe in the rapture, but believe perhaps it could be right before the Great Tribulation. Besides that, I am trying to pray for anxious thoughts and give them to God, but some days I think the United States is fixing to break out in some sort of war. My generation hasn't really seen physical war on our side of the world besides 9/11.

I'm not a prepper, but over the years I've discovered that I have a lot in common with them. I grow my own fruits, vegetables, chickens, etc. I live off grid, and quite comfortably at that. Prepping seems to be more about survival, but I'm more into living independently, especially independent of government rules, regulations, etc. I don't want to be dependent upon government services primarily because they're so inefficient and onerous. My neighbors are the same way which is a good thing in my opinion because the government needs as many people as possible to need the government. When the government becomes redundant, the government become irrelevant. The same goes for large corporations.

However, I also see that it is important to be part of a community which a lot of preppers aren't into except insofar as they're into the prepping community. I just like living out in the country where the city dwellers fear to tread. I know I'm much healthier because of it. I know where my food comes from and I know it doesn't have any poisons on it, in it, etc.

Reactions: Mayflower

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone "prep" outside of the USA?
Presumably the rest of us just get on with living a Christian life.

Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow. He also told us not to stockpile 'treasure' - which presumably is what you're expecting all this food and stuff to turn into!
There are many countries in the world where believers are going through tribulation now - North Korea, Iraq, etc. I wonder what they would think of "prepping"? Somehow I don't think it would have helped them much. We don't know what form our tribulation is going to take - if indeed it ever happens in our lifetime.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a prepper, but over the years I've discovered that I have a lot in common with them. I grow my own fruits, vegetables, chickens, etc. I live off grid, and quite comfortably at that. Prepping seems to be more about survival, but I'm more into living independently, especially independent of government rules, regulations, etc. I don't want to be dependent upon government services primarily because they're so inefficient and onerous. My neighbors are the same way which is a good thing in my opinion because the government needs as many people as possible to need the government. When the government becomes redundant, the government become irrelevant. The same goes for large corporations.

However, I also see that it is important to be part of a community which a lot of preppers aren't into except insofar as they're into the prepping community. I just like living out in the country where the city dwellers fear to tread. I know I'm much healthier because of it. I know where my food comes from and I know it doesn't have any poisons on it, in it, etc.

Owning property to live off grid is my problem

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, didn't Joseph prepare for the 7 year famine upon Egypt? As a result, Egypt was saved and others could be saved as well.

It is never 'unwise' to be prepared for emergencies.

Stranger