Christian = Republican?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
You may be a credible source... and you may not be. That's just the way it is. When I say verifiable source... I need something I can put my hands on... see with my eyes. I may put my faith in God, but we aren't supposed to just put our faith in everything that flies into our lap. I would need proof before I am going to believe something. Personally, I've never talked to you. If I was personally convinced of something and I was going to talk about something, then ask people if they are going to "turn a blind eye" to it... I would offer more than my opinions, which, quite honestly, should have a blind eye turned to them without proof on such a matter as this. I or someone else may investigate for themselves, but don't expect them to agree with you off-the-bat if you don't present them with proof. Shame on them if they do believe you without proof.It would be unwise that simply because you post on a Christian forum to take your word as Gospel. You obviously possess strong opinions about the man, but nobody called you a liar. You misunderstand. Until you offer some proof along with your opinions, expect people to turn a blind eye.

gator347

May 7, 2008
(David161099;48367)
If you think Republicans reflect Christian values, then you are extremely naive.I associate the worst Evil with George Bush and his administration.Most people are sure those B&&&&* orchestrated 911!!!Bushes Grandfather was a Nazi Banker!Bush and cronies belong to the Bohemian Grove where they perform Pagan rituals, one being a mock human sacrifice to a giant owl god.Are you guys just turning a blind eye to this stuff????
Bush is not my favorite president but he is far from the worst.Comes from a NAZI background? Facts please!!!!US Government planned 9-11? Again Facts?Bush mislead us – No weapons of mass destructions. Who was the only leader to use WMD in modern times? – Saddam and that is a fact!!!I will say the Republicans had both Houses & the White house and were poor at best. Examples: Spent like drunken sailors, we have a border made of Swiss cheese, and we did nothing about energy independence. All they worried about was getting re-elected and we see what happened – Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reed.But did get some of the best Judges on the Supreme Court in a long time. That alone gets my vote for GB.The problem I see with most complainers is that they give you little facts, few solutions, and are hypocritical (Christians who vote pro-choice, Government should raise your children, Separation of Church & State, Anti-Military, No-Responsibility).

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(David161099;48573)
How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to powerhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/sep/2....secondworldwar
And Bob's your uncle!A lot of these 'facts' are mostly fabricated. Bush isn't in some secret cult bent on world domination. Although the skull and bones are pretty close.9/11 wasn't caused by the government. God allowed it, He punished us for the rapid degrading of society. He also punished us with Hurricane Katrina, failure of the war in Iraq, and the California Fires.Although, our government did take advantage of the situation to pass the Patriot Act.

gator347

May 7, 2008
(Wakka;48581)
And Bob's your uncle!A lot of these 'facts' are mostly fabricated. Bush isn't in some secret cult bent on world domination. Although the skull and bones are pretty close.9/11 wasn't caused by the government. God allowed it, He punished us for the rapid degrading of society. He also punished us with Hurricane Katrina, failure of the war in Iraq, and the California Fires.[/B]Although, our government did take advantage of the situation to pass the Patriot Act.
I must disagree on being punished by God (He loves us) I agree on the fact that he allows it. I believe God gave us free will and there is evil in the world. This is Satin's realm and after the "Fall" stuff happens!

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
It's evident to me, that a religious belief has little to do with people's politics.People will construct any excuse to vote or support for who they want.free will right?Whatever side of politics will claim God is on their side.

medicalmatt

Jul 22, 2007
I'm not even going to get into the Bush nonsense, but just wanted to inform people that I just updated my address information in my voter registration for the Sacramento mayor race, and at the same time:I switched my part from Republican to non-partisan.Not that my voting will change at all. I'm still most likely to vote Republican or not vote at all (which is what I'm planning to do in November). But now people won't falsely assume I identify with all the values of the GOP, and will automatically, thoughtlessly and robotically vote the Republican ticket.

gator347

May 7, 2008
I switched my part from Republican to non-partisan.Not that my voting will change at all. I'm still most likely to vote Republican or not vote at all (which is what I'm planning to do in November). But now people won't falsely assume I identify with all the values of the GOP, and will automatically, thoughtlessly and robotically vote the Republican ticket.[/QUOTE]So True!!!The lesser of two Evils is still EVIL.I wish there was a Christian Party (Biblical – Family Values) Especially at the state & local levels.We have to do something because you can’t count on the two parties that now are stuck with.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
I wish there was a Christian Party (Biblical – Family Values) Especially at the state & local levels.
There is the Constitution Party. They believe in Jesus and Family values. I believe most of what I have seen from that party, however I don't know if it is a good idea to force Christianity on society via government. I think it is a good idea to keep govt. and religion separate.I am registered independent but I support Ron Paul. I have a lot of the Libertarian ideals but I differ with them sometimes when it comes to family values. I haven't seen any of Ron Pauls ideals that I disagree with. I was a little nervous about his foreign policy at first but the more I thought about it the more it made sense.Ron Paul got 25% of the vote up here in Montana!