Steve Garvey, our new Republican Senator

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edit to add: I realize now that both votes were primary, and I will again vote for Steve Garvey come November.

Last night was really strange for me, surreal, as we voted into the Senate Steve Garvey, a Republican. California has a Republican Senator!! I feel like I once again have representation in government. And I wonder how he actually got elected, considering what usually happens in this state ever since mail in voting became established.

A Republican Senator! I just can't get over it. My wife and I were listening to his speech last night. My wife at one point said to me, "He talks like Reagan!" And moments later, he quoted Reagan, "Status Quo, is Latin for "the mess we're in."

Picked up from another thread,
Maybe you don't understand the process. Steve Garvey is not in the Senate---- yet.

The Primary voting was to determine who's names go on the ballot in November, when the General Election is held to determine who the Senator(s) will be. Garvey won the right to appear on the ballot.

It's scary to think that people vote without even knowing what they are actually voting for.

There were actually 2 votes, one for the interim senator to finish off Diane Feinstein's term, which Steve Garvey won, and off to Washington he goes. The second vote was the primary for November, in which Steve Garvey will face off against Adam Schiff.

You are right, he's not in the senate yet, he still has to be seated. But in fact he was elected Senator for California. To me he sounds like a good man for the job.

Much love!

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night was really strange for me, surreal, as we voted into the Senate Steve Garvey, a Republican. California has a Republican Senator!! I feel like I once again have representation in government. And I wonder how he actually got elected, considering what usually happens in this state ever since mail in voting became established.

A Republican Senator! I just can't get over it. My wife and I were listening to his speech last night. My wife at one point said to me, "He talks like Reagan!" And moments later, he quoted Reagan, "Status Quo, is Latin for "the mess we're in."

There were actually 2 votes, one for the interim senator to finish off Diane Feinstein's term, which Steve Garvey won, and off to Washington he goes. The second vote was the primary for November, in which Steve Garvey will face off against Adam Schiff.

You are right, he's not in the senate yet, he still has to be seated. But in fact he was elected Senator for California. To me he sounds like a good man for the job.

Much love!

Go educate yourself. Garvey will compete with Adam Schiff in November to determine who will fill the seat vacated by the death of Dianne Feinstein. Gov Newsom appointed Democrat Organizer Laphonsa Butler an LGBTQ++ activist and lesbian to that interim seat.

The winner of the run-off in November will serve out the remainder of Feinstein's term-- November to January 2025 upon which the six-year regular term would begin.

I already provided you one link to do so. Here is another....

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go educate yourself. Garvey will compete with Adam Schiff in November to determine who will fill the seat vacated by the death of Dianne Feinstein. Gov Newsom appointed Democrat Organizer Laphonsa Butler an LGBTQ++ activist and lesbian to that interim seat.

The winner of the run-off in November will serve out the remainder of Feinstein's term-- November to January 2025 upon which the six-year regular term would begin.

Wasn't this on your ballot? Aren't you in California?

1709750550079.png
That was a separate vote from this, in which the top two advance to the general election.
1709750624651.png

Although I'm reading reports that Schiff has actually taken the interim seat . . .

Last night, Garvey had it won. This morning, the democrat is winning.

Well, that's more like what I know.

Waiting to see.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This link will take you to a CA state website with more information:

This one shows Garvey leading.

Much love!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't this on your ballot? Aren't you in California?

View attachment 42956
That was a separate vote from this, in which the top two advance to the general election.
View attachment 42957

Although I'm reading reports that Schiff has actually taken the interim seat . . .

Last night, Garvey had it won. This morning, the democrat is winning.

Well, that's more like what I know.

Waiting to see.

Much love!

You are completely embarrassing yourself.

STOP posting and go do some reading.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I have misunderstood. I'm looking more.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are completely embarrassing yourself.
Actually, you are the one behaving poorly. In my estimation. And to me, that's what degrades one's self. Not whether one is mistaken over something.

Making mistakes doesn't embarrass me, everyone makes mistakes!

Much love!

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you are the one behaving poorly. In my estimation. And to me, that's what degrades one's self. Not whether one is mistaken over something.

Making mistakes doesn't embarrass me, everyone does that!

Much love!

Yeah. Go with that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I've got it now.

Go learn some manners.

Much love!

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. Go with that.
Yes, I DO go with that.

Don't you know, it's what you do intentionally?

We all reveal ourselves - not others, ourselves, in our words.

Calling my wife now to let her know the bad news! But still good, and still praying for him!

Much love!

Reactions: Debp

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I DO go with that.

Don't you know, it's what you do intentionally?

We all reveal ourselves - not others, ourselves, in our words.

Calling my wife now to let her know the bad news! But still good, and still praying for him!

Much love!

I should coddle you? Ignorance is not bliss.

I was shocked to read your original post and commented to that effect. Rather than accepting correction, you snipped my post from that thread and created a second thread from the same place of ignorance.

Double-face-palm.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should coddle you? Ignorance is not bliss.

I was shocked to read your original post and commented to that effect. Rather than accepting correction, you snipped my post from that thread and created a second thread from the same place of ignorance.

Double-face-palm.
I don't care about your faux-shock. It's an example of pride. I don't care that my mistake is in front of you all, it happened, and it is what it is. So what? The good thing is to come to understand correctly.

I don't care about your negative comments, but why do you suppose so many people have problems admitting to mistakes? Maybe because of responses like yours? What do you think?

This is reality, and we are either in it together or we are not. And we always reveal ourselves in our words.

Much love!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care about your faux-shock. It's an example of pride. I don't care that my mistake is in front of you all, it happened, and it is what it is. So what? The good thing is to come to understand correctly.

I don't care about your negative comments, but why do you suppose so many people have problems admitting to mistakes? Maybe because of responses like yours? What do you think?

This is reality, and we are either in it together or we are not. And we always reveal ourselves in our words.

Much love!

Have a nice hot bath. Go soak your hurt feelings away. Maybe you will feel better later.

You were wrong. I don’t have to feel bad about that. But you should.

Did I miss your apology?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have a nice hot bath. Go soak your hurt feelings away.
Whose hurt feelings? This is nothing to me. I've learned something today. Am I the only one here that sees this as a good thing? Seriously!

Much love!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whose hurt feelings? This is nothing to me. I've learned something today. Am I the only one here that sees this as a good thing? Seriously!

Much love!
I read both of your threads and saw that you admitted making a mistake.

There's no need for anyone to browbeat anyone else. I'm sorry to see that continually being the case here.

The Word of God teaches us to move on (forgetting those things that are behind)...that helps us to remain healthy in mind and body.

• Love
Reactions: marks and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edit to add: I realize now that both votes were primary, and I will again vote for Steve Garvey come November.

Much love!
I'm hoping for a Trump win also. I'm not the biggest fan of Trump, but after seeing the damage that Biden and the democrats are doing and how they attack Christians I see Trump as important:

Biden just imposed the largest fine ever on a Christian college

Reactions: Debp and marks

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read both of your threads and saw that you admitted making a mistake.

There's no need for anyone to browbeat anyone else. I'm sorry to see that continually being the case here.

The Word of God teaches us to move on (forgetting those things that are behind)...that helps us to remain healthy in mind and body.

Oh he's forgiven! Even without him asking for forgiveness. :tearsofjoy:

It's called poking the bear. Maybe some humility is in order.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh he's forgiven! Even without him asking for forgiveness. :tearsofjoy:

It's called poking the bear. Maybe some humility is in order.
That "poking the bear" that wouldn't include derogatory statements aimed at others would it? I think you should apologize.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That "poking the bear" that wouldn't include derogatory statements aimed at others would it?
We all reveal ourselves in our words, and that's all that is happening here. That's a fun thing about a Forum, the whole conversation remains as a progression of posts, and anyone can see what's what.

We all choose how we will communicate. Though to be sure, as a sufferer of OCD, I realize people can have pressures operating in them that unless they get under control will affect their behavior. And often without any realization or understanding.

Jesus said that from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So if you want to know what's in a person's heart, listen to them speak. You'll know soon enough. People make whatever claims they want about themself, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Much love!

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: marks and dev553344