Christian Responsibility VS Constitutional Rights

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
Most people claim their Canadian or American rights and privileges, and even their constitutional rights, when speaking their convictions and opinions about certain things. They claim their "freedom of speech" and their "freedom of expression". As a Christian I do NO SUCH THING as I voice my beliefs or my disgust at certain lifestyles.As Christians we have a responsibility and a zeal for Truth and Righteousness, as founded and based upon the Word of God, the Bible. We do not apologize or seek to soft-soap the Truths and Principles of Life we stand for. We understand that they are for the good of man-kind and the glory of God's Kingdom, and need only God's approval and commission to propagate such eternal fact.We look to the infallible Word of God as recorded in the Bible as the basis of our beliefs and the source of authority in which we speak. When the Scriptures say "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Or "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13), then this is what we boldly declare as obvious Truth and the way God sees things, and upon which His judgments are still based.The world likes to think that we are "homo-phobic", but the Truth of the matter is that our uncomfortableness and disgust at this filthy lifestyle is a "God-given, healthy hatred of perversion". It has nothing to do with "fear", but rather an honoring of cleanliness and the way God ordained relationships to be, the way God created LIFE to be.Another thing worth seriously considering is "you had better be careful who sanctions your lifestyle, and whose approval you look to" because God is the final Judge, and He will judge all things according to His Word...as He always has. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah.Woe unto those luke-warm Christians who cringe at the threats and lawsuits of the homosexual community, when they propose to sue individuals and demand apologies for us speaking and standing for the Word of Almighty God! Certainly we could stand on our constitutional rights and our right to express our preferences just as freely as they do, but that is not our commission! Our commission and authority comes from God, and He has given us His Holy Spirit to stand boldly in the face of the heathen world and "hold forth the Word of Life."Seriously, think about it, do you want to be heard based upon your "constitutional rights" or based upon the authority of God and His eternal Word. We are not here just to have our "fair share" of speech and free expression. We're here to declare the Word of Almighty God...by which all things will be judged!Did you ever consider that if you choose to vote over an issue, that you are in fact choosing to abide by the rules of voting and the out-come of the vote? So if the homosexual agenda wins a majority decision, and you voted...then you are obligated to settle with that decision. SINCE WHEN ARE CHRISTIANS CALLED TO VOTE?!!! Where do you see that in the early Church in the book of Acts?The Christian community and the Kingdom of God is not based on democracy, but on THEocracy! God ruling! And "God ruling" through His people. "Know ye not that ye shall judge the world, and judge angels?" (1Cor. 6:2,3)Remember these things, saints of God, as you are faced with the deception and filth of this age, and seek God for a fresh infilling of His Holy Spirit, if need be, but DO NOT deal with the world on the worlds terms. These Truths and Godly principles of Life are NOT open to discussion, nor are they negotiable. God's Word is "forever settled in heaven!" God Bless.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
Did you ever consider that if you choose to vote over an issue, that you are in fact choosing to abide by the rules of voting and the out-come of the vote? So if the homosexual agenda wins a majority decision, and you voted...then you are obligated to settle with that decision. SINCE WHEN ARE CHRISTIANS CALLED TO VOTE?!!!
It's extremely foolish if you don't go out and vote for what is right. The homosexual agenda wins if you don't go out and vote. And, not having voted will not excuse you from being forced to follow the new law of the land. Since when are Christians called to brush their teeth? What kind of nonsense reasoning is that? Christians are called to obey political leaders and our leaders want you to vote. So, while your teeth are rotting out for lack of a biblical commandment, you are still called to vote.There's a very good reason to appeal to your rights of freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Because we have these rights, whether they are respected or trampled on by the government. If you don't want the government trampling on your rights, you're going to have to speak up for those rights. Not only should you defend your rights, but you should also remind others that homosexuals are perverts who drag down society. You don't need to quote Bible verses to a world that does not respect the Bible. In fact, by quoting the Bible, all you do is push people further away from Christianity. Why? People are told every day by liberals in education and the media that homosexuals are normal and good people, and that your freedom (called "hate speech", "intolerance" etc.) somehow violates their rights. When all you do is quote the Bible, you make the Bible look stupid and arbitrary. Why would the Bible say something good is bad? So, stop making the Bible look stupid.The thought has crossed my mind that you're a leftwing activist who has come here to sabotage us.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I can get a little fired up when people talk about the constitution.This nation, like all others, are ordained of God and we are to be subjected to the Law of that land according to Romans. So, what is that law here? The Law of this land is the constitution and God himself according to it as this thought is clearly outlined in the declaration of Independence:We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governedSo, we can all stop singing with the likes of psuedo-patriots that sing songs like this: I'm proud to be an Americanwhere at least I know I'm free,And I won't forget the men who diedwho gave that right to me, I find that song like subtle brainwashing. The message is that our government, thru soldiers perhaps, gave us our rights. No, according to our founding father's understanding, God gave us the rights and government is the servant to protect them, not give them---- big difference.And that is the foundation of this nation of the USA. That is in accordance with Biblical theology where God gave us the Law (i.e. rights in this case), and like the Levites must teach and enforce them (as a servant).When people in office reinterpret the constitution to fit their notions, I find that we have a biblical mandate to overthrow the government if need be, and institute a proper one based on the way the founding fathers envisioned it (as America is getting further and further away from those ideas)Yes, I am true American. I vote, I like rednecks and the confederate flag, and I love to see pictures of Sarah Palin holding a gun, and all similar kinds of stuff.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tim_from_pa;61076)
I can get a little fired up when people talk about the constitution.This nation, like all others, are ordained of God and we are to be subjected to the Law of that land according to Romans. So, what is that law here? The Law of this land is the constitution and God himself according to it as this thought is clearly outlined in the declaration of Independence:We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governedSo, we can all stop singing with the likes of psuedo-patriots that sing songs like this: I'm proud to be an Americanwhere at least I know I'm free,And I won't forget the men who diedwho gave that right to me, I find that song like subtle brainwashing. The message is that our government, thru soldiers perhaps, gave us our rights. No, according to our founding father's understanding, God gave us the rights and government is the servant to protect them, not give them---- big difference.And that is the foundation of this nation of the USA. That is in accordance with Biblical theology where God gave us the Law (i.e. rights in this case), and like the Levites must teach and enforce them (as a servant).When people in office reinterpret the constitution to fit their notions, I find that we have a biblical mandate to overthrow the government if need be, and institute a proper one based on the way the founding fathers envisioned it (as America is getting further and further away from those ideas)Yes, I am true American. I vote, I like rednecks and the confederate flag, and I love to see pictures of Sarah Palin holding a gun, and all similar kinds of stuff.
According to the song, it is true if someone took it the wrong way, however I took that song in a completely different way...if you know what I mean.And of course, true American, also all true Christians in the US should vote.
smile.gif

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Follower;61066)
It's extremely foolish if you don't go out and vote for what is right.* The homosexual agenda wins if you don't go out and vote.* And, not having voted will not excuse you from being forced to follow the new law of the land.* Since when are Christians called to brush their teeth?* What kind of nonsense reasoning is that?* Christians are called to obey political leaders and our leaders want you to vote.* So, while your teeth are rotting out for lack of a biblical commandment, you are still called to vote.There's a very good reason to appeal to your rights of freedom of speech and freedom of religion.** Because we have these rights, whether they are respected or trampled on by the government. If you don't want the government trampling on your rights, you're going to have to speak up for those rights.* Not only should you defend your rights, but you should also remind others that homosexuals are perverts who drag down society.* You don't need to quote Bible verses to a world that does not respect the Bible.* In fact, by quoting the Bible, all you do is push people further away from Christianity.* Why?* People are told every day by liberals in education and the media that homosexuals are normal and good people, and that your freedom (called "hate speech", "intolerance" etc.) somehow violates their rights.* When all you do is quote the Bible, you make the Bible look stupid and arbitrary.* Why would the Bible say something good is bad?* So, stop making the Bible look stupid.The thought has crossed my mind that you're a leftwing activist who has come here to sabotage us.
I couldn't dissagree more. My "rights" are wrapped up and sealed in the leadership and power of the Holy Spirit, just like the original apostles and disciples...who preached the Gospel and turned cities upside down with their declaration of Truth.It was the politicians and carnally religious who flogged and persecuted them because they defied the UN-Biblical "laws of the land" and preached the arrival of a NEW Kingdom!I'm "proad" to say I have nothing to do with politics or voting! And I'm NOT an American or Canadian...but a Christian...a citizen of heaven. Praise God.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(3rddaymessenger;61084)
I'm "proad" to say I have nothing to do with politics or voting! And I'm NOT an American or Canadian...but a Christian...a citizen of heaven. Praise God.
You remind me of the story of the Good Samaritan. The Christian who doesn't vote is like the priest who walked passed the wounded, robbed man by the side of the road - no doubt feeling secure in his self-righteousness. You will not do something so simple to help your neighbor as pull a lever.I think that priest Jesus mentioned eventually found out that he's a citizen of Hell, not Heaven. That was the topic Jesus was addressing.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Follower;61088)
You remind me of the story of the Good Samaritan. The Christian who doesn't vote is like the priest who walked passed the wounded, robbed man by the side of the road - no doubt feeling secure in his self-righteousness. You will not do something so simple to help your neighbor as pull a lever.I think that priest Jesus mentioned eventually found out that he's a citizen of Hell, not Heaven. That was the topic Jesus was addressing.
You're right. What I aspire to do for God's Kingdom requires the power of the Holy Spirit. The weapons of our warfare "are not CARNAL, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds".You go ahead and do things the world's way. By God's grace, I will do it His way.

cemab4y

Jan 14, 2008
If you stay home and do not vote, this is certainly your right. But you must realize, that in doing so, you have signed over your "power of attorney", to the remainder of people who choose to exercise their right. You are handing this country over to the Homosexuals, the pro-abortion lobby, the humanists, the immoral. This is who you are choosing to run your country, through your abdication of the vote.Adolf Hitler became chancellor of Germany, and started WW2, and the holocaust. He never received more than 34% of the vote in Germany. Most people stayed home, and did not vote.As Christians, we are directed to "pray for those in authority". We are also required to be vigilant, and hold all elected officials to be responsible. If a political servant is not acting in the best interests of the people, we are to vote them out."Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the others". W. Churchill"Government is like fire. A dangerous servant, and a terrible master". G. Washington

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(cemab4y;61105)
If you stay home and do not vote, this is certainly your right. But you must realize, that in doing so, you have signed over your "power of attorney", to the remainder of people who choose to exercise their right. You are handing this country over to the Homosexuals, the pro-abortion lobby, the humanists, the immoral. This is who you are choosing to run your country, through your abdication of the vote.Adolf Hitler became chancellor of Germany, and started WW2, and the holocaust. He never received more than 34% of the vote in Germany. Most people stayed home, and did not vote.As Christians, we are directed to "pray for those in authority". We are also required to be vigilant, and hold all elected officials to be responsible. If a political servant is not acting in the best interests of the people, we are to vote them out."Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the others". W. Churchill"Government is like fire. A dangerous servant, and a terrible master". G. Washington
Well, you're just going to have to accept the fact that I beleive differently than you...very strongly so.We, in fact, "inherit" this earth through the victory and authority granted us through Jesus Christ. Psalm 37 talks all about it, and NOTHING is said of voting. Voting is a part of this world system and I am not obligated by God to engage in such carnal methods.Yes, we are called to pray. BUT even then there can come a time and situation where God even can say, "pray not for this people"...they have crossed the line and are awaiting judgement. Christians can be in trouble with God if they pray for a divinely cursed thing. We need to be in tune with God, especially in this final hour of harvest and the bundling of the tares.God forbid that my energies are directed toward thinking and acting like "voting in the right person" is going to change anything of this sin-infested world. Ours is to "hold forth the Word of Life, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation". Phil'p. 2:15,16It is the Kingdom of God which shall grow and increase to "swallowing up death" and taking over this planet.God is about to birth forth the "manifested sons" (Romans 8:19-21), who will "set creation free" and prepare to rule and reign with Christ. So, while many Christians are at the poles, there is the divine forming of the "man-child" within the womb of the true bride of Christ. (She's wearing a T-shirt which says, "Do Not Defile or Disturb!"
smile.gif
THIS is my Spirit-led energy flow and focus.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(cemab4y;61105)
Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the others". W. Churchill
Churchill would have been closer to the truth if he stopped with the first sentence. Democracy is the worst form of government. Democracy depends on an informed electorate. But, too many people refuse to vote and too many people who vote are poorly informed. Democracy is the the form of government that gives us sodomite marriage, high taxes, high government deficits, etc. Ironically, no one votes for these things. But, democracy causes leaders to be short-sighted (focused on the next election) and extremely manipulative of the people (to get those votes for personal power). I'm sorry the example of the Good Samaritan flowed past 3rddaymessenger like water off of a duck's back. His nose is too high to help his neighbors.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Follower;61159)
Churchill would have been closer to the truth if he stopped with the first sentence. Democracy is the worst form of government. Democracy depends on an informed electorate. But, too many people refuse to vote and too many people who vote are poorly informed. Democracy is the the form of government that gives us sodomite marriage, high taxes, high government deficits, etc. Ironically, no one votes for these things. But, democracy causes leaders to be short-sighted (focused on the next election) and extremely manipulative of the people (to get those votes for personal power). I'm sorry the example of the Good Samaritan flowed past 3rddaymessenger like water off of a duck's back. His nose is too high to help his neighbors.
The parable of the "Good Samaritan" has nothing to do with the subject of voting.I certainly hope that Christians don't feel guilty that same-sex marriage has been voted in and legalized (in Canada, anyway). Christians are in the minority. The majority of the world (unregenerate) are probably okay with this abomination.But, just think....with the "remnant" (a minority) that God is preparing for these endtimes a manifestation of Jesus Christ will come forth which will destroy the ungodly and Glorify the saints of God (2 Thess.1:7-10); through whom this earth will be transformed. This is God's way.If you want to "put your trust in the flesh" by partaking of the methods and means of the world...that's up to you. God or me, neither, are interested in changing the governments and nations of this world. The Kingdom of God will be set up on this earth...a whole new system. The politics and systems of this world will fail and fall, God's Kingdom and people will take over rulership. Voting has NOTHING to do with God's ways.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(3rddaymessenger;61167)
The parable of the "Good Samaritan" has nothing to do with the subject of voting.
Water off a duck's back.
I certainly hope that Christians don't feel guilty that same-sex marriage has been voted in and legalized (in Canada, anyway). Christians are in the minority.
In Canada, as in California, judges "legalized" same-sex marriage. "Legalized" is an Orwellian way to put it as the "legalization" consists entirely of expanding government and taking away people's freedoms.Currently, 70% of Canadians identify themselves as Christian (probably 90% 40 years ago). What's happening? Christians have been conned into making themselves irrelevant.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Follower;61171)
Water off a duck's back.In Canada, as in California, judges "legalized" same-sex marriage. "Legalized" is an Orwellian way to put it as the "legalization" consists entirely of expanding government and taking away people's freedoms.Currently, 70% of Canadians identify themselves as Christian (probably 90% 40 years ago). What's happening? Christians have been conned into making themselves irrelevant.
Well, my observation would be that these Christians are causing themselves to be "irrelevant" by resisting the power and boldness of the Holy Spirit to go forth "in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom we shine as Lights in the world; Holding forth the Word of Life". Phil'p. 2:15,16Like I said in my original post; if you choose to vote...then you are obligated to abide by the results. If your family chooses to vote on where to go for a drive (for instance), then it is only fair to settle for whatever the highest vote is. That's the purpose of a vote.But, for true Christians...we operate on a whole different set of rules and principles; that of Christ's Lordship and the ways of God. "The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds..." 2 Cor.10:3-5I think it is far more effective for Christians to be standing BOLDLY for these Truths everywhere they go, as a witness for what's right and true. It is also more conducive to growing into Christ's image...doing what He does and how He does it.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
Most modern churches fall into two groups. The one that doesn't really talk about the Bible, wrongdoing, or doctrine. And, the other, the cultish church which talks about boldness and power in the Holy Spirit, but has no real boldness or power in the Holy Spirit, and much more unsound than sound doctrine.This is why in Canada, 40 years ago 90% of Canadians identified themselves as Christian and in another 40 years, only 40% will. The western church is already dead, replaced by community clubs and nutty cults. At least when John wrote Revelation to seven of his contemporary churches, these churches had the excuse of being in uncharted waters, Christianity being so new and intensively persecuted. Sorry, 3rddaymessenger, it's just gibberish to argue that you're not obligated to obey laws that you didn't vote for or against. It's just gibberish to think you're serving Jesus when you refuse to help your fellow man by using the existing democratic mechanism to protect your fellow man from oppression. It's just gibberish to talk about having power and boldness in the Holy Spirit when your Christianity is characterized by cutting yourself off from society.

3rddaymessenger

Oct 17, 2008
(Follower;61187)
Most modern churches fall into two groups.* The one that doesn't really talk about the Bible, wrongdoing, or doctrine.* And, the other, the cultish church which talks about boldness and power in the Holy Spirit, but has no real boldness or power in the Holy Spirit, and much more unsound than sound doctrine.This is why in Canada, 40 years ago 90% of Canadians identified themselves as Christian and in another 40 years, only 40% will.* The western church is already dead, replaced by community clubs and nutty cults.* At least when John wrote Revelation to seven of his contemporary churches, these churches had the excuse of being in uncharted waters, Christianity being so new and intensively persecuted.* Sorry, 3rddaymessenger, it's just gibberish to argue that you're not obligated to obey laws that you didn't vote for or against.* It's just gibberish to think you're serving Jesus when you refuse to help your fellow man by using the existing democratic mechanism to protect your fellow man from oppression.* It's just gibberish to talk about having power and boldness in the Holy Spirit when your Christianity is characterized by cutting yourself off from society.
We'll see."voting" can be just one way of avoiding Christian persecution."They that are the sons of God, are led by the Spirit of God." (Romans 8:14) Never been led to a voting pole...sorry.