"Christianity is a team effort"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is best done with others especially when one is a new Christian but there are a lot of us who never see another Christian in our normal lives.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other day, a friend of mine came up with something that I thought was very profound:

I believe it is, it is not something one can do alone

It is best done with others

Just thought I'd share :)
Hi @The End Is Nigh
Welcome here!
Yes, it SHOULD indeed be a team effort. The bible says in the end, "the love of many shall wax cold" and that is talking about Christians. It is evident already in the church, IMHO. Fellowship is what most of us crave yet, it is very difficult to find true fellowship outside of Sunday's...or Saturday's (cannot forget our SDA sibs!) But, what of the rest of the week?? Church's have become very cliquey and can hurt others when they pay no attention to them, especially a new person coming into the church seeing this, might just walk away. It seems there is a very small remnant who might greet you and that is awesome but for the most part....not seen the love we are commanded to have for one another :(
God bless and I hope you will like it here, this is where I actually DO get my fellowship!
nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The other day, a friend of mine came up with something that I thought was very profound:

The new birth (John 3) is actually very much an individual thing...

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree with you : )

The new birth is indeed an individual thing, but the practice of Christianity is far more supposed to be a team effort than most realize. Each were given different spiritual gifts so that each could play a part in the ministry of the Spirit, from the greatest to the least. Discussion of the word was also more of a corporate affair, with people asking questions and interacting with their own input as the Spirit led them. Some would prophesy, others would receive revelation; one would receive a tongue and the other an interpretation. And when they came together, each had a psalm, a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, an interpretation (1 Corinthians 14:26-31).

It was supposed to be entirely cooperative, with each member in the body having a purpose to serve.

Good post, and welcome to Christianity Board!

Reactions: Nancy

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Indeed. Many members - one body of Christ Jesus. "in the unity of the faith"

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

P.S. I like your avatar, btw. I only wish I were that handsome.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone once said, "There's no "i" in "TEAM", and it stuck until someone wise-guyly pointed out:

iu

That there actually is an "i" in TEAM, but notice that the "i" is not in the foreground naturally, but is basically invisible, and subsumed into the whole of the team or togetherness, or unity of the faith.

That "i" in "TEAM", could also not exist without the "T","t" or the Cross of Christ going first, followed by the "E" for Emmanuel, and "A" for "Alpha", or "Almighty" and "M" for "Messiah". In other words, God knew as a principle:

Together
Everyone
Accomplishes
More

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone once said, "There's no "i" in "TEAM", and it stuck until someone wise-guyly pointed out:

iu

That there actually is an "i" in TEAM, but notice that the "i" is not in the foreground naturally, but is basically invisible, and subsumed into the whole of the team or togetherness, or unity of the faith.

That "i" in "TEAM", could also not exist without the "T","t" or the Cross of Christ going first, followed by the "E" for Emmanuel, and "A" for "Alpha", or "Almighty" and "M" for "Messiah". In other words, God knew as a principle:

Together
Everyone
Accomplishes
More

How clever, Lol. Not sure if it completely screws up the point or not, but at least it keeps people thinking. :p

Reactions: ReChoired