Christianity is essentially admitting you are God without admitting you are God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’m telling you, an atheist, that you’re misusing the Bible.

God is not a human person.

The Bible tells us how.
So you get to decide who is misusing the Bible and who isn’t? Sounds like you’re taking on the authority of God here.

“The Bible tells us how.” But…you’re the one reading it and telling me your -interpretation-of what the Bible is saying.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A word to the wise. Don’t allow atheists to define what Christianity is about.
I agree. We should allow the Christians who are born in sin to define what Christianity is all about because their word is the word of God. Correct?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So you get to decide who is misusing the Bible and who isn’t? Sounds like you’re taking on the authority of God here.

Do you seriously expect any Christian to agree that an atheist is using the Bible correctly?

“The Bible tells us how.” But…you’re the one reading it and telling me your -interpretation-of what the Bible is saying.

Have you read it?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you seriously expect any Christian to agree that an atheist is using the Bible correctly?

Have you read it?
Do you seriously expect any atheist to agree that a Christian is using the Bible correctly? Christians can’t even get on the same page about the Bible given their hundreds of denominations.

Oh and, Christians are also born in sin. So they too won’t know any better.

Yes I’ve read the Bible, most atheists have. Many atheists were once devout Christians. And the whole argument of “You were never a Christian then” is pure bullocks.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you seriously expect any atheist to agree that a Christian is using the Bible correctly?

No.

Christians can’t even get on the same page about the Bible given their hundreds of denominations.

Oh and, Christians are also born in sin. So they too won’t know any better.

Yes I’ve read the Bible, most atheists have. Many atheists were once devout Christians. And the whole argument of “You were never a Christian then” is pure bullocks.

Since you have read the Bible, you know that your worldview isn’t biblical. Will you admit it?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No.

Since you have read the Bible, you know that your worldview isn’t biblical. Will you admit it?
‘Biblical worldview’ in what sense? Do I agree with Jesus’ teaching about loving thy neighbor? Yes. Do I agree that people lived for hundreds of years and in Noah’s Ark? No.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
‘Biblical worldview’ in what sense? Do I agree with Jesus’ teaching about loving thy neighbor? Yes. Do I agree that people lived for hundreds of years and in Noah’s Ark? No.

Why aren’t you a follower of Jesus?

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“The language of faith seeks truth in what is unknowable”. This is self-refuting. If it is unknowable, then it is completely beyond your grasp.

You’re born in sin, you can’t distinguish lie from truth either. Remember what Jesus said, “Forgive them for they do not know what they do.” We’re all inept.
Carry on. This is not meant for you.

dadman

Feb 16, 2014
Kansas
dadmansabode.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, ...... At that time Jesus answered and said,
I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the 'wise and prudent' (
lol)
and hast revealed them unto babes .... Matthew 11:25
... I'm just a (Heaven bound) babe in Christ

Jesus:
All things are delivered to me of my Father:
and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is,
but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him .... Luke 10:22
.... Thank you Jesus

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect:
yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?
even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God;
that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth,
but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ ...... I Corinthians 2

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The absolute certainty of Christians that God exists…seems like something only God himself would know because “Only God knows”. If only God is absolute, then only God can make an absolute statement. For a group of people that talks so much about being limited, and fallible, they sure are perfect in their belief that God exists…otherwise they would be agnostics and unbelievers. They know more about God than God knows about himself. However, Christians will claim that is absurd because “God works in mysterious ways” or “is beyond all understanding”. Wow, they sure have encapsulated an infinite being with that one. But wait! What if they say God is NOT beyond all understanding? Are they now suggesting God is just as relatable as your Joe Shmoe from across the street? They should just admit they are God at this point. But why won’t they? Well, because only God is perfect, and they aren’t. The Bible even SAYS IT.

….But they are the ones reading the Bible. The Bible isn’t reading itself. They are the ones saying that the Bible says it. That is their interpretation of the Bible and their interpretation is absolute…just like God.

Only God can judge….God is also all-good, all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving. He says it himself and I’m the one telling you that he says it.
Wow, you've got quiet a story happening in your head! Admittedly, there are many who claim great insight which becomes obvious as not being the case when one listens to the rambling but to conclude what nondescript 'others' are concluding is just a cheap shot at what one doesn't understand.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you’re born in sin, how can you be sure of anything? You’re broken by default.
Your extreme form of skepticism doesn't work in the real world. Although we are born in sin, we are constitutionally capable of realizing that fact. Human beings are "knowers" because we are born with an innate set of "truths" on which to build a picture of reality the way it really is. To say it another way, we are born to trust our mother and from that point forward, we build on her instruction.

Given the extreme form of skepticism you propose, a man wouldn't know his own name.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 1: 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because human beings are limited to time and space. God is outside of time and space.

If God is not beyond all understanding, then he is not God. You are diminishing God by claiming to know God. You’re objectifying an infinite being.
God created time and space. In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter). To imply that He cannot interact with His creation, or allow his creation to interact with Him, is a denial of what He can do.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
God created time and space. In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter). To imply that He cannot interact with His creation, or allow his creation to interact with Him, is a denial of what He can do.
Can God also create a rock he cannot lift?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Your extreme form of skepticism doesn't work in the real world. Although we are born in sin, we are constitutionally capable of realizing that fact. Human beings are "knowers" because we are born with an innate set of "truths" on which to build a picture of reality the way it really is. To say it another way, we are born to trust our mother and from that point forward, we build on her instruction.

Given the extreme form of skepticism you propose, a man wouldn't know his own name.
Human beings are not God in order to decide what is true and what isn’t. If that is the case, then Christians wouldn’t be going around saying “Only God knows.”

You’re either born in sin or aren’t. You can’t have it both ways