Christianity is essentially admitting you are God without admitting you are God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The absolute certainty of Christians that God exists…seems like something only God himself would know because “Only God knows”. If only God is absolute, then only God can make an absolute statement. For a group of people that talks so much about being limited, and fallible, they sure are perfect in their belief that God exists…otherwise they would be agnostics and unbelievers. They know more about God than God knows about himself. However, Christians will claim that is absurd because “God works in mysterious ways” or “is beyond all understanding”. Wow, they sure have encapsulated an infinite being with that one. But wait! What if they say God is NOT beyond all understanding? Are they now suggesting God is just as relatable as your Joe Shmoe from across the street? They should just admit they are God at this point. But why won’t they? Well, because only God is perfect, and they aren’t. The Bible even SAYS IT.

….But they are the ones reading the Bible. The Bible isn’t reading itself. They are the ones saying that the Bible says it. That is their interpretation of the Bible and their interpretation is absolute…just like God.

Only God can judge….God is also all-good, all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving. He says it himself and I’m the one telling you that he says it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’m an Ante-Nicene Christian. I’m not God. I have a God.

My God is Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.

Reactions: Cassandra and RLT63

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’m an Ante-Nicene Christian. I’m not God. I have a God.

My God is Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel.
But if you have a God, then you are God because only God could know about God. God is outside of space and time, you are not. So if you claim to know God and have a God, then you are implying you are God.

Someone who is born in sin cannot know God because they’re limited and mentally handicapped. Being born in sin automatically makes you useless and powerless. You have no value, you have no credit…because God takes all of it instead. You’re basically just a ‘nothing‘. So how can a ‘nothing’ born in sin say anything about something else which is perfect and infallible? You can never be saved, you really don’t know anything…because you’re broken right from the start. You’re already set up for failure. That’s being born in sin

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But if you have a God, then you are God because only God could know about God.

No. My God has made himself known.

God is outside of space and time, you are not. So if you claim to know God and have a God, then you are implying you are God.

There is only one true God. I’m not him.

Someone who is born in sin cannot know God because they’re limited and mentally handicapped. Being born in sin automatically makes you useless and powerless. You have no value, you have no credit…because God takes all of it instead. You’re basically just a ‘nothing‘. So how can a ‘nothing’ born in sin say anything about something else which is perfect and infallible? You can never be saved, you really don’t know anything…because you’re broken right from the start. You’re already set up for failure. That’s being born in sin

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The absolute certainty of Christians that God exists…seems like something only God himself would know because “Only God knows”.
No. Surety is different than omnipresence. One can know for absolute certainty, for instance, that 2+2=4. One does not need to be omnipresent in order to know this. Can a person know with absolute certainty that God exists? Yes. If God should reveal himself. Can one know with high confidence and conviction that God exists? Yes. Creation itself is predicated on a creator.

If only God is absolute, then only God can make an absolute statement.
No. Again surety is different than omnipresence. God is omnipresent (absolute) but God isn't the only one who has surety
For a group of people that talks so much about being limited, and fallible, they sure are perfect in their belief that God exists
Perfection is different than confidence. Christians are confident in what they believe.

…otherwise they would be agnostics and unbelievers. They know more about God than God knows about himself.
I doubt that.
However, Christians will claim that is absurd. because “God works in mysterious ways” or “is beyond all understanding”.
Christians do not claim that God is unknowable.
Wow, they sure have encapsulated an infinite being with that one. But wait! What if they say God is NOT beyond all understanding? Are they now suggesting God is just as relatable as your Joe Shmoe from across the street?
Knowable and relatable are two different things. God Yahweh is knowable through his prophets and his interaction with the Hebrew people. God Yahweh sent his Son, Jesus Christ and through him, God is engaging, empathetic, responsive, sympathetic, understandable, and accessible.

They should just admit they are God at this point. But why won’t they? Well, because only God is perfect, and they aren’t. The Bible even SAYS IT.
Jesus Christ makes God both knowable and relatable. If you have seen Jesus Christ, you have seen God. Jesus makes God accessible and for this reason, Christians are not likely to invent a God for themselves as you seem to suggest.

….But they are the ones reading the Bible. The Bible isn’t reading itself. They are the ones saying that the Bible says it. That is their interpretation of the Bible and their interpretation is absolute…just like God.
There is a difference between certainty and omnipresence. God is "absolute" because he is omnipresent. One can be certain of the verity of a passage without being God-like.
Only God can judge….God is also all-good, all-knowing, all-powerful, all-loving. He says it himself and I’m the one telling you that he says it.
The question is, "What are you going to do about it?"

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you have a God, then you are God because only God could know about God. God is outside of space and time, you are not. So if you claim to know God and have a God, then you are implying you are God.

Why are you obsessed with what others believe?

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The language of faith seeks truth in what is unknowable.

The language of atheists is gobbledygook that wallow in ignorance of "experts", saying nothing is something, unable to distinguish a lie from the truth.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No. My God has made himself known.

There is only one true God. I’m not him.
How can an infinite being make itself known to a limited being with a limited mind? If God made himself known, then it would be self-defeating because he would no longer be God.

God is supposed to be beyond all understanding and time and space.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The language of faith seeks truth in what is unknowable.

The language of atheists is gobbledygook that wallow in ignorance of "experts", saying nothing is something, unable to distinguish a lie from the truth.
“The language of faith seeks truth in what is unknowable”. This is self-refuting. If it is unknowable, then it is completely beyond your grasp.

You’re born in sin, you can’t distinguish lie from truth either. Remember what Jesus said, “Forgive them for they do not know what they do.” We’re all inept.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It’s an atheist’s premise. You’re misusing the Bible.

No. I’m a human person.
How do we know you’re not misusing the Bible? Are you telling me that -your- interpretation of the Bible is the one and correct one?

Ok you’re a human person. How can a little, insignificant human confined to time and space have any clue about an infinite being that’s completely outside of it?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why would such a being be unable to communicate with human beings?

Hardly.

Who told you that?
Because human beings are limited to time and space. God is outside of time and space.

If God is not beyond all understanding, then he is not God. You are diminishing God by claiming to know God. You’re objectifying an infinite being.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How do we know you’re not misusing the Bible? Are you telling me that -your- interpretation of the Bible is the one and correct one?

I’m telling you, an atheist, that you’re misusing the Bible.

Ok you’re a human person.

God is not a human person.

How can a little, insignificant human confined to time and space have any clue about an infinite being that’s completely outside of it?

The Bible tells us how.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Because human beings are limited to time and space. God is outside of time and space.

If God is not beyond all understanding, then he is not God. You are diminishing God by claiming to know God. You’re objectifying an infinite being.

I’m speaking with a person who doesn’t have a biblical worldview. You’re speaking to a person who does.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’m speaking with a person who doesn’t have a biblical worldview. You’re speaking to a person who does.
Ok I’m Mormon. Do I have a biblical worldview now? Or is your biblical worldview the only correct one?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A word to the wise. Don’t allow atheists to define what Christianity is about.