Christians and Israel - being yoked with unbelievers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

InquisitiveAgnostic

Nov 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
Arnie Manitoba said:

*It was more like a "political group' of jews who were tasked with picking out a name for land of palestine which was being mandated as a homeland for the jews .... i never got the sense that they were "religious jews" who knew thier prophecies.

The whole point was that at the last minute they chose the name Israel without even realizing it matched up with Isaiah.*

If those jewish men had known the book of Isaiah .... i do not think they would have been having a problem picking out the name of the new homeland in 1948.**

this example has often been used to show the accuracy of scriptures .....***

even today most jews are clueless about prophecy .... but those prophecies still unfold exactly as written.****
* I think you're making a few statements based on opinion here. Most notably that you don't believe they were 'religious jews' and that they fell blindly into a name so widely used in the OT without realizing it.

**As for the "difficulty" they had in namng it, anything named by committee will garner multiple ideas that deserve the discussion they generate.

***explain the scriptures it shows the accuracy of please, even if it's by PM

****Another considerable generalized assumption

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Some of you folks are clueless
Isaiah said in one day Israel would become a nation again
In the history of the world no country ever became a nation in one day like Israel did on may 14 1948
the people tasked with chosing the name israel were not sitting around drinking tea in the garden .... it was just after WW2 and at the end of the holocaust , the few jews who were still alive were skin and bones.

InquisitiveAgnostic

Nov 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
Not all Jews were in the concentration camps, som I'm sure many of their leaders were more than 'skin and bones'.

This was also an initiative of the UN. Not just a rabble establishing a country in a day.

If you count them being created in a day by the time they signed the papers and such, than Canada, the US and most modern countries could be considered to have been created in a day by signing independence doctrines. The logistics of it all, the planning, debate, zoning etc would have taken much longer than a day.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
InquisitiveAgnostic said:
I have to put this here... How do you know God supports a man made country whose name happens to be israel? :p
Guys like me do know ..... and you can too ... all you have to do is ...

Look up all Gods future plans for Israel and see if he ends up supporting them or not.

Or you can just keep poking at me.

it's your decision sir.