Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1- What verse did you use for that statement?
2- Are you referring to the Roman catholic church as the only true "new covenant church...as mother?"
3- What about the OT covenant remnant believers in Acts 2, are they a part of the "new covenant church?"

yes by faith and baptism Mk 16:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain please.

Christ and his church are one!
Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostolic union with Christ!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again...the RCC SHOULD NOT TEACH ERROR!

Jhn 16:13...When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

But what does these two verses say?

Gen 3:1...Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God say, 'You shall not eat of any tree of the garden'?"

2Co 11:14...And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.​

Does not satan use scripture too?

Luk 10:16..."He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

The Roman Catholic church, because it elevates Mary to the same status, or even higher than Christ, it has in essence, rejected the message of the gospel and therefore has rejected Christ by putting their false "traditions" on the same level as God's holy Word in the Bible.

there is no evidence that that church does either one

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so if I believe my mother is "full of grace" then should I be bowing down to her and praying to her like she was the mona lisa?

That kind of logic defies common sense.

bowing does not imply worship or adoration
reverence is due to your mother
Reverence is not worship

Worship and adoration requires intent!

1 kings 2: 17 And he said, Speak, I pray thee, unto Solomon the king, (for he will not say thee nay,) that he give me Abishag the Shunammite to wife.

18 And Bathsheba said, Well; I will speak for thee unto the king. (Intercession)

19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the kingy rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

20 Then she said, I desire one small petition of thee; I pray thee, say me not nay. And the king said unto her, Ask on, my mother: for I will not say thee nay.

bowed down to his mother
Is he giving her worship or reverence

Solomon had 700 wives and his mother is queen!

Jesus had no earthly wife and his mother is queen!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infant baptism?

yes why exclude children from Christ and the new covenant?

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized.

(It does not say except infants)

“Promise of the Father”
acts 2:38-39

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 4:10 (WEB):
(10) Then Jesus said to him, “Get behind me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and you shall serve him only.’”​

which is quoting Deuteronomy 6 (WEB):
(13) You shall fear Yahweh your God; and you shall serve him, and shall swear by his name.
(14) You shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the peoples who are around you;
(15) for Yahweh your God among you is a jealous God; lest the anger of Yahweh your God be kindled against you, and he destroy you from off the face of the earth.​

That is utter nonsense!

when did I say to worship / adore / offer sacrifice in regards to mary?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 4:10 (WEB):
(10) Then Jesus said to him, “Get behind me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and you shall serve him only.’”​

which is quoting Deuteronomy 6 (WEB):
(13) You shall fear Yahweh your God; and you shall serve him, and shall swear by his name.
(14) You shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the peoples who are around you;
(15) for Yahweh your God among you is a jealous God; lest the anger of Yahweh your God be kindled against you, and he destroy you from off the face of the earth.​

That is utter nonsense!

Jn 1:16-17
Jn 10:10
Eph 2

How did this life come to us?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 Then she said, I desire one small petition of thee; I pray thee, say me not nay. And the king said unto her, Ask on, my mother: for I will not say thee nay.
Ah, but Solomon not only says, nay, but he rebukes his mother harshly for making such a request and has his brother executed for putting her up to it:

"And king Solomon answered and said unto his mother, And why dost thou ask Abishag the Shunammite for Adonijah? ask for him the kingdom also; for he is mine elder brother; even for him, and for Abiathar the priest, and for Joab the son of Zeruiah.
Then king Solomon sware by the LORD, saying, God do so to me, and more also, if Adonijah have not spoken this word against his own life.
Now therefore, as the LORD liveth, which hath established me, and set me on the throne of David my father, and who hath made me an house, as he promised, Adonijah shall be put to death this day.
And king Solomon sent by the hand of Benaiah the son of Jehoiada; and he fell upon him that he died." I Kings 2:22-25

Reactions: Cassandra

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but Solomon not only says, nay, but he rebukes his mother harshly for making such a request and has his brother executed for putting her up to it:

"And king Solomon answered and said unto his mother, And why dost thou ask Abishag the Shunammite for Adonijah? ask for him the kingdom also; for he is mine elder brother; even for him, and for Abiathar the priest, and for Joab the son of Zeruiah.
Then king Solomon sware by the LORD, saying, God do so to me, and more also, if Adonijah have not spoken this word against his own life.
Now therefore, as the LORD liveth, which hath established me, and set me on the throne of David my father, and who hath made me an house, as he promised, Adonijah shall be put to death this day.
And king Solomon sent by the hand of Benaiah the son of Jehoiada; and he fell upon him that he died." I Kings 2:22-25

honor Thy father and mother

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By making them king and queen with the powers that men have often included with those titles?

Jesus is king lk 1:32-33
Mary is queen rev 12:1

the mother of the king is always queen!

only a queen can bear a king!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But... Mary was only a mother of the carnal man! Who is it that Jesus says will do greater works than he himself? Is Mary then not like John the Baptist, fading soon into the background once the Reality of the Bride of Christ begins to working toward those greater works?

"And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.
And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.
And also Maachah his mother, even her he removed from being queen, because she had made an idol in a grove; and Asa destroyed her idol, and burnt it by the brook Kidron." I King 15:11-13

Was the mother of David the son of Jesse a queen when she gave birth to him? How could David then become he the king of Israel?

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have overstated this same thought (and many other boring posts) over, and over, and over again and yet you don't seem to get it....not one poster on here believes anything you say nor does it seem that you have changed one persons beliefs about the Roman Catholic church. Perhaps you should leave and start your own thread. This thread was supposed to be about the New Covenant not the RCC that has overtaken it to the extreme.

Just my personal opinion. Perhaps others may agree.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But... Mary was only a mother of the carnal man! Who is it that Jesus says will do greater works than he himself? Is Mary then not like John the Baptist, fading soon into the background once the Reality of the Bride of Christ begins to working toward those greater works?

"And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.
And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.
And also Maachah his mother, even her he removed from being queen, because she had made an idol in a grove; and Asa destroyed her idol, and burnt it by the brook Kidron." I King 15:11-13

Was the mother of David the son of Jesse a queen when she gave birth to him? How could David then become he the king of Israel?

mother of his person!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the human person! She was not his mother prior to physical conception and birth. Did Jesus, or the Christ, or the Son of God, exist prior to that? Did Mary?
Yes, the human person! She was not his mother prior to physical conception and birth. Did Jesus, or the Christ, or the Son of God, exist prior to that? Did Mary?

mother of his entire person
Mother of God
Not the mother of the divine nature

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
when did I say to worship / adore / offer sacrifice in regards to mary?
I'm sorry, I was mistaken about that. I was under the impression that you had claimed that, based on other posters' comments. I should have checked more carefully.

However, you did say, "All love honor reverence or devotion given to Mary is given to God who created her, ...", and Deuteronomy 6:13 says "fear Yahweh your God", where the Hebrew word yare' that's translated as fear can also mean revere or reverence, and Jesus' quote of it is translated as worship. So you came close to saying worship Mary. ;)