Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 15:8-9...'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'"

A person who may not have the ability to speak does not have to kneel, pray to a statue with rosary beads, or kiss the feet of a stone statue to be "worshiping" Mary or even a beautiful tapestry of a woman considered to be of "the biblical Mary"; it is what is in the heart and what their actions say. As the saying goes, "actions speak louder than words."

23 synonyms for "venerate"

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, I was mistaken about that. I was under the impression that you had claimed that, based on other posters' comments. I should have checked more carefully.

However, you did say, "All love honor reverence or devotion given to Mary is given to God who created her, ...", and Deuteronomy 6:13 says "fear Yahweh your God", where the Hebrew word yare' that's translated as fear can also mean revere or reverence, and Jesus' quote of it is translated as worship. So you came close to saying worship Mary. ;)
Yea, right. And every time a Protestant addresses his pastor as "reverend", he is worshipping his pastor, if you like to play silly word games. One stupid conclusion is as good as another.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, right. And every time a Protestant addresses his pastor as "reverend", he is worshipping his pastor, if you like to play silly word games. One stupid conclusion is as good as another.
I was just trying to be humorous - hence the winking smiley.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Further Quotes from Vatican Documents show the Papacy's belief in Papal Infallibility:
Source: John Treat, The Catholic faith, or, Doctrines of the Church of Rome contrary to Scripture (1888) : 536.

Just recently, in 2004, Bishop Patrick Dunn of Auckland said this:
"It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross.iv
The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:
"But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical (emphasis added).v
In 1996 he also gave his ascent to calling the Pope "Lord" and "Christ on earth":
"we readily understand the devotion of Saint Francis of Assisi for "the Lord Pope",the daughterly outspokenness of Saint Catherine of Siena towards the one whom she called "sweet Christ on earth", the apostolic obedience and the sentire cum Ecclesia of Saint Ignatius Loyola, and the joyful profession of faith made by Saint Teresa of Avila: "I am a daughter of the Church" (emphases added).xi
_____________________________________________________________________________________
As a protestant, I have been to 4 churches and none of them wanted to be called "reverend." All four used the respectful term "pastor" because that is what they do for their congregation; they pastor (like a shepherd) is commanded by scripture.

That is a major difference between what the RCC calls the Pope (as in the above) than the protestant useage of the word "pastor."

It is true though that there are those who wish to have a superior title but they still do not consider themselves to be the "Christ on earth."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 15:8-9...'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'"

A person who may not have the ability to speak does not have to kneel, pray to a statue with rosary beads, or kiss the feet of a stone statue to be "worshiping" Mary or even a beautiful tapestry of a woman considered to be of "the biblical Mary"; it is what is in the heart and what their actions say. As the saying goes, "actions speak louder than words."

Oh I agree!

we don’t do those things!

or any of these

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Further Quotes from Vatican Documents show the Papacy's belief in Papal Infallibility:
Source: John Treat, The Catholic faith, or, Doctrines of the Church of Rome contrary to Scripture (1888) : 536.

Just recently, in 2004, Bishop Patrick Dunn of Auckland said this:
"It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross.iv
The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:
"But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical (emphasis added).v
In 1996 he also gave his ascent to calling the Pope "Lord" and "Christ on earth":
"we readily understand the devotion of Saint Francis of Assisi for "the Lord Pope",the daughterly outspokenness of Saint Catherine of Siena towards the one whom she called "sweet Christ on earth", the apostolic obedience and the sentire cum Ecclesia of Saint Ignatius Loyola, and the joyful profession of faith made by Saint Teresa of Avila: "I am a daughter of the Church" (emphases added).xi
_____________________________________________________________________________________
As a protestant, I have been to 4 churches and none of them wanted to be called "reverend." All four used the respectful term "pastor" because that is what they do for their congregation; they pastor (like a shepherd) is commanded by scripture.

That is a major difference between what the RCC calls the Pope (as in the above) than the protestant useage of the word "pastor."

It is true though that there are those who wish to have a superior title but they still do not consider themselves to be the "Christ on earth."
good bye.
OIP.cD3ApsuroXNMwrWp-yuQYgHaF7

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF this pope truly did follow the JESUS CHRIST he claims to , well he would not be hollering
nor believing that all religoins serve the same GOD . He is decieving the peoples badly .
He uses the name of JESUS but he teaches another jesus and another gospel .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If his teaching and practice is the ancient faith and practice of the apostles then yes of not no!
That wasnt what you told me a while back . You know what he believes .
So either you lied to me , or you are scared to speak . either way its not good to do that .
Lambs would warn lambs about danger . But this generation is too worried about trying to find common ground .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
IF this pope truly did follow the JESUS CHRIST he claims to , well he would not be hollering
nor believing that all religoins serve the same GOD . He is decieving the peoples badly .
He uses the name of JESUS but he teaches another jesus and another gospel .
That is right, my dear brother. We must warn against pope francis and just pray this man repents and turns to the biblical Lord Jesus. Until he does, stay away from this pope’s teachings. I am getting some fencing done for my back garden shortly. It will have concrete posts. So all welcome to come watch concrete cure instead of listening to this pope francis.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasnt what you told me a while back . You know what he believes .
So either you lied to me , or you are scared to speak . either way its not good to do that .
Lambs would warn lambs about danger . But this generation is too worried about trying to find common ground .

I said I have my doubts
But it’s based on his teaching

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

even the prophet David love Mary!

Psalm 26:8
Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

that’s Mary for 9 months the temple of God!

And the temple deserves reverence!

Mary is the singular vessel of devotion!
love and prayer

Isaiah 56:7
Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Matthew 21:13
And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer…

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some peoples hermenutics iare like tying spaghetti to an achor and dropping it into the ocean and expecting it to hold a cruise ship!

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some peoples hermenutics is like tying spaghetti to an achor and dropping it into the ocean and expecting it to hold a cruise ship!

All scripture is inspired says nothing about hermeneutics!

or context!

You reject Christ and his church and the apostolic tradition founded by Christ the teaching authority of the apostles!

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.