Christians arent suppose to judge according to Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not talking about the same crime of having sex with children or sexual abuse to the elderly anymore.

Those are obvious Crimes to report, @Christophany.

Should the church know everyone sins, and call them out for doing such things?

There are people out there that simply harp hardcore on sins.

I never did see your answers if you would like to share them with me or direct me towards them where I could find them?
I gave you the answer from 1 Corinthians 5 above and here are Jesus teachings on the same topic that agree with Paul above .

Matthew 18
If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep reading the Gospels and the epistles and you will have your answers.
This an answer,

Romans 12:19-21 New International Version (NIV)
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.

Can not God carry out his own vengengence against evildoers?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the answer from 1 Corinthians 5 above and here are Jesus teachings on the same topic that agree with Paul above .

Matthew 18
If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
Oh thank you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it is okay to call out betty sues whoredom… in church after you done it privately.

Im not sure its that way today exactly.

It would be though if you are trying to make a perfect church, wouldnt it?

I rather just be lead by the spirit when the time comes to direct a person towards the light and than to condemn and shame people because they sin.

Many people dont accept that sin was paid for before we were born; and though we sin it was paid for on the cross.

Therefore people still believe they have the right to condemn people for things they may do, which they regard as sinful.

Anyway you all have a good day, and all is are responsible before God at the end of the day, and i cant judge so… may he judge and us lead by the spirit in how to interact with others by that spirit; and may God condemn us when we are wrong by the spirit too.

Rahab was a prostitute yet still right with God for faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it is okay to call out betty sues whoredom… in church after you done it privately.

Im not sure its that way today exactly.

It would be though if you are trying to make a perfect church, wouldnt it?

I rather just be lead by the spirit when the time comes to direct a person towards the light and than to condemn and shame people because they sin.

Many people dont accept that sin was paid for before we were born; and though we sin it was paid for on the cross.

Therefore people still believe they have the right to condemn people for things they may do, which they regard as sinful.

Anyway you all have a good day, and all is are responsible before God at the end of the day, and i cant judge so… may he judge and us lead by the spirit in how to interact with others by that spirit; and may God condemn us when we are wrong by the spirit too.

Rahab was a prostitute yet still right with God for faith.
And people are not doing this in church today they are disobeying jesus, if Matthew 16 in context relates to us today.

I think it is good for two people sit down and read the bible and learn about God,

But when it comes to their lives subjectively today, its a whole different story.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave both Jesus and Paul’s instructions to believers in the church how to handle a sinning brother or sister and steps we are instructed to obey on the matter.

It’s up to you whether or not you will believe Jesus and Paul’s instructions . I cannot help you on that matter . It’s an issue of obedience to Gods commands.

A little leaven leaven’s the whole lump.

And it doesn’t matter personally if I like Jesus or Paul’s instructions. What matters is obeying their instructions.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Keturah

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those most certainly instructions for the church, @Christophany i just question the validity of the context if we must adhere to them or not because as you stated some things are and some things are not. Therefore questioning is not against the rules, and wondering the context of whom Jesus may be speaking to in Matthew 16. Anyone can quote random verses but the context is important. See you until next time friend.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those most certainly instructions for the church, @Christophany i just question the validity of the context if we must adhere to them or not because as you stated some things are and some things are not. Therefore questioning is not against the rules, and wondering the context of whom Jesus may be speaking to in Matthew 16. Anyone can quote random verses but the context is important. See you until next time friend.
It’s Matthew 18 just an FYI.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“At that hour came the disciples near to Jesus, saying, ‘Who, now, is greater in the reign of the heavens?’ And Jesus having called near a child, did set him in the midst of them, and said, ‘Verily I say to you, if ye may not be turned and become as the children, ye may not enter into the reign of the heavens; whoever then may humble himself as this child, he is the greater in the reign of the heavens. ‘And he who may receive one such child in my name, doth receive me, and whoever may cause to stumble one of those little ones who are believing in me, it is better for him that a weighty millstone may be hanged upon his neck, and he may be sunk in the depth of the sea. ‘Woe to the world from the stumbling-blocks! for there is a necessity for the stumbling-blocks to come, but woe to that man through whom the stumbling-block doth come! ‘And if thy hand or thy foot doth cause thee to stumble, cut them off and cast from thee; it is good for thee to enter into the life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast to the fire the age-during. ‘And if thine eye doth cause thee to stumble, pluck it out and cast from thee; it is good for thee one-eyed to enter into the life, rather than having two eyes to be cast to the gehenna of the fire. ‘Beware! — ye may not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you, that their messengers in the heavens do always behold the face of my Father who is in the heavens, for the Son of Man did come to save the lost. ‘What think ye? if a man may have an hundred sheep, and there may go astray one of them, doth he not — having left the ninety-nine, having gone on the mountains — seek that which is gone astray? and if it may come to pass that he doth find it, verily I say to you, that he doth rejoice over it more than over the ninety-nine that have not gone astray; so it is not will in presence of your Father who is in the heavens, that one of these little ones may perish. ‘And if thy brother may sin against thee, go and show him his fault between thee and him alone, if he may hear thee, thou didst gain thy brother; and if he may not hear, take with thee yet one or two, that by the mouth of two witnesses or three every word may stand. ‘And if he may not hear them, say [it] to the assembly, and if also the assembly he may not hear, let him be to thee as the heathen man and the tax-gatherer. ‘Verily I say to you, Whatever things ye may bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever things ye may loose on the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens. ‘Again, I say to you, that, if two of you may agree on the earth concerning anything, whatever they may ask — it shall be done to them from my Father who is in the heavens, for where there are two or three gathered together — to my name, there am I in the midst of them.’ Then Peter having come near to him, said, ‘Sir, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him — till seven times?’ Jesus saith to him, ‘I do not say to thee till seven times, but till seventy times seven. ‘Because of this was the reign of the heavens likened to a man, a king, who did will to take reckoning with his servants, and he having begun to take account, there was brought near to him one debtor of a myriad of talents, and he having nothing to pay, his Lord did command him to be sold, and his wife, and the children, and all, whatever he had, and payment to be made. The servant then, having fallen down, was bowing to him, saying, Sir, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all; and the Lord of that servant having been moved with compassion did release him, and the debt he forgave him. ‘And, that servant having come forth, found one of his fellow-servants who was owing him an hundred denaries, and having laid hold, he took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that which thou owest. His fellow-servant then, having fallen down at his feet, was calling on him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all; and he would not, but having gone away, he cast him into prison, till he might pay that which was owing. ‘And his fellow-servants having seen the things that were done, were grieved exceedingly, and having come, shewed fully to their Lord all the things that were done; then having called him, his Lord saith to him, Evil servant! all that debt I did forgive thee, seeing thou didst call upon me, did it not behove also thee to have dealt kindly with thy fellow-servant, as I also dealt kindly with thee? ‘And having been wroth, his Lord delivered him to the inquisitors, till he might pay all that was owing to him; so also my heavenly Father will do to you, if ye may not forgive each one his brother from your hearts their trespasses.’”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18‬:‭1‬-‭35‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people get this "judging" thing wrong because they take things out of proper context, or worse, try to twist it to rationalize some sin. In my long experience, those who keep harping on the "judge not, lest ye be judged" are doing something wrong and don't want anyone to say anything about it.

The judging thing is about judging the culpability of souls. We aren't to do that. No one can do that but God.

We are, however, to be "fruit inspectors," i.e., to judge actions. And we are our brother's (and sister's) keepers, concerned about their souls.

See Ezekial 3:18-21.

If I say to the wicked, You shall surely die—and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade the wicked from their evil conduct in order to save their lives—then they shall die for their sin, but I will hold you responsible for their blood. If, however, you warn the wicked and they still do not turn from their wickedness and evil conduct, they shall die for their sin, but you shall save your life. But if the just turn away from their right conduct and do evil when I place a stumbling block before them, then they shall die. Since you did not warn them about their sin, they shall still die, and the just deeds that they performed will not be remembered on their behalf. I will, however, hold you responsible for their blood.

Sticking one's head in the sand in the face of someone we know doing evil or living evil has consequences. Harping on "Judge not" stuff will get you in trouble, unless you're talking about judging someone's soul vs someone's actions.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk, @Augustin56, it depends on the subjective life of an individual coming up against another doing evil.

I dont think it is a group collective per say...

Ill still stick with Jesus and what he says though,

If you dont judge another (say they got a lot of tattoos on their body), you wont be judged.
If you dont condemn another (with those tattoos) you wont be condemned back.

It seems to be about keeping the peace with other human beings rather than trying to stick a knife to their throat.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is evil that needs to be reported? @Augustin56

A family who has abusive father in the household?
A Family who has a son who does drugs in the background?

I mean... there is alot to consider, and I know I done my fair share of evil just by and through thoughts,

such as murdering my mother, hating others, wishing death upon them, and what not.

I have also done my own fair share of drugs, and abuse towards others.

1. It was only JEsus who ever changed anything.

Thank God for his mercy and how he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really glad someone took time to share the stories of Jesus with me, that was what started my journey to questioning why the hell my heart was so dark and full of hatred.

Sure I can still be hateful sometimes, but the thoughts of what once were a lot of them have simmered down, only possibly

by the strength of Christ - and 'THE SPIRIT' which no one hardly seems to speak about.

Everyone should follow the Spirit as it leads you, having faith and trusting God asking him to help you with the Spirit that lives inside of you.

and that Spirit can help guide others towards the light.

Condemning, and judging never worked...

Sure you can judge if a situation will be good or bad for you - or if a situation is in need of report but condemn and damn them...

It can just make people hate you more - and if you are going for people hating you to feel 'right with God' you may just be doing it very wrong and need to recheck oneself.

Sure truth can make people hate you but that is a different context than that of doing it just for the hell of it...

Do you understand? Do you get it?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
True or false?

There is carnal judgement, that is "as you judge others, so you also will be judged, the same."

So, That is "flesh", "pride", "arrogance", and "froward mouth".

Whereas.....Paul teaches...>"he that is Spiritual......Judges ALL things'.

= That is Spiritual Discernment.. that is related to "you shall know them by their Fruit". and "the bible, the word of God is spiritually discerned".

So, there is the FLESH that esteems itself as superior to others.. = "Judge not lest you be judged"

But, there is...>"rightly divide the word" that is "he that is spiritual judges all things"

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good things from above, light, and liberty. Awesome stuff taken.

Reactions: Taken