Christians, Atheists & Agnostics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe non believers are tormented either. As to if Christianity will disappear doubt it, but just some dude I'm certain will fizzle out,
I believe you are effectively saying the same thing I am using perhaps different words or different understanding for some of the same words. The Body of Christ will endure, but not every person claiming to be a part of the Body necessarily is. There will certainly be nothing dead that is a part of the Body of Christ...

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are effectively saying the same thing I am using perhaps different words or different understanding for some of the same words. The Body of Christ will endure, but not every person claiming to be a part of the Body necessarily is. There will certainly be nothing dead that is a part of the Body of Christ...
Yes, and just some dude is definitely road kill, this is something we can all be certain of.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Everything that is not of God will fade out. This includes much of what men call "Christianity".

So there's a "Christianity" and a Christianity that is of God. Can I assume you believe you have the one that is of God?

That you cannot see through His eyes is the trouble. Therefore in the things of God you are blind.
Just like in our other conversation, you make another appeal to special abilities. And you didn't really address the contradiction I pointed out either.

That you even express interest by coming to this forum and conversing means that you have a glimmer, a sliver of light, but unless you want to approach the light to get a real vision, when your time is up, there will be nothing else.
Or maybe I've been sent here by the True God to expose the error behind your ways. :eek:

Believers are really at different places with God. Their vision ranges from barely to seeing to face to face clarity. What they see also depend upon what they need to see in order to fulfill their own part in God's plan. As long as you remain effectively on the outside trying to look in, it remain paradoxical to you.
Yet another appeal to special abilities. And let me guess....do you see yourself as farther along in your understanding of God than most others?

Until and if you have a real vision from God of His plan, much of what is shared with you will seem unique and weird. The scripture speaks of a 'peculiar people'.
You do understand that all sorts of people have all sorts of visions, and that many of them are mutually exclusive, right? So how do you account for the visions that contradict yours? Are they deliberate fakes? Are they the products of self-delusion? Are they from some sort of demonic spirit?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there's a "Christianity" and a Christianity that is of God. Can I assume you believe you have the one that is of God?

Just like in our other conversation, you make another appeal to special abilities. And you didn't really address the contradiction I pointed out either.

Or maybe I've been sent here by the True God to expose the error behind your ways. :eek:

Yet another appeal to special abilities. And let me guess....do you see yourself as farther along in your understanding of God than most others?

You do understand that all sorts of people have all sorts of visions, and that many of them are mutually exclusive, right? So how do you account for the visions that contradict yours? Are they deliberate fakes? Are they the products of self-delusion? Are they from some sort of demonic spirit?
I could address everyone of you points, questions, criticisms but I won't and I have already explained why. You want to argue or debate. You cannot win even if it feels like you have won. Eat, drink and be merry!

Reactions: Giuliano

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
I have believed in God for most of my life but considered myself agnostic, but lately have been struggling with atheism as I have trusted and tried on numerous beliefs and then back around to the bible, and I felt like certainly at this point the bible was true and I felt illuminated but regardless of this, I have just experienced innumerable and on-going disappointments with humanity that I feel like I cannot even believe in God anymore, or at least that it does not matter at all.

Since a young age I felt dismayed and confused as to how the world had worked, why it was so difficult for me to communicate or connect with others no matter what I did. I was ostracized and had difficulty fitting in or gaining social acceptance. My frustration with the world has never subceased and I have continually been shocked at how there is seemingly no limit that humanity will stoop to all the while still attempting to portray openly and publicly in notions of “good” “evil” “wrong” and “right” obviously it is closer to say that we live in a world of perpetual fantasies and illusions and perceiving the truth is perhaps the most pernicious and difficult tasks one could achieve.

So you know, it just seems largely that we live in an empty and meaningless world, there is really no point in trying to obtain or ascertain meaning from virtually anything. It seems that largely Friedrich Nietzsche was correct in many of his assertions, “God is dead” “It is the will to power and nothing else”

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
Honestly I have always believed in God, I was raised to be a Christian and raised around a lot of very religious people who were devoutly religious thus I understand spirituality and religion adequately enough. I have learned various subjects in an attempt to understand the world, but every time I was left with this sensation and experience of completely futility in that it was completely pointless to bother with philosophy and things of that nature, ethics, even psych and social sciences, it’s all completely disregarded in our society, why? Oh boy and then when I got into politics and Marxism that was a big deal too. I eventually got disillusioned and fed up with everything because well, I mean everything is considered meaningless. I then came back around the bible and at this point I felt illuminated and that the bible was truth.

But of course I have grown disillusioned with that as well like everything, and thus I cannot help but think that Friedrich Nietzsche was correct in his assertions “God is dead” “it is the will to power and nothing else” I have spent my life feeling defective and wondering why I couldn’t connect to other people or did not fit in at all. I had my head filled with all these ideas of what it means to be “good” wth cartoons and children’s show but honestly they spoke to me I suppose. I could not communicate or talk to people, their emotions and motivations did not make sense to me, likewise especially because most people would not explain their true thoughts and feelings.

But honestly it just seems like most people are giant apes and monkeys and we obviously live in an angry, crass and intolerant hate filled world that makes no sense.

I know it must sound self righteous to many I have been told this many times in my life, like with everything. I have had people attempt and seriously harm me as well throughout my life, it appears perhaps that I am too peaceful or something, I do not know. There is a difference between true love, and acceptance and between a mockery or imitation. I am not won over by insincerity and artificial things or grandiose over the top spectacles.

Everything is fake, we live in a world of complete and perpetual illusions passing for real substance.

Last edited:

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
I wonder somehow if I am hardwired to be more communal because I wonder why we cannot simply for the benefit of the community or others, but at the same time find fault in this as well, because again it often turns to violently oppressive regimes and tyrannies. It just seems like when you communicate with most people, they are attempting to just “compete” with you, I find them cold and largely “egoic” I suppose (or just really self centred and egotistical) but I am told I am the self centered one. Either way, what if you do regurgitate enough facts and statistics? They’ll turn violent against you possibly, or resort to petty insults and cruelty. It really only seems like connection with others is mindlessly conforming but even then you must be extremely shallow in your efforts to connect thus way, and also insincere and materialistic.

I guess as far as spirituality is concerned I have been thinking I can only be about as spiritual as maybe He-man and Friedrich Nietzsche. It doesn’t really win you many friends though.

Last edited:

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
2001_space_odyssey.jpg

quote-when-zarathustra-was-alone-he-said-to-his-heart-could-it-be-possible-this-old-saint-friedrich-nietzsche-66-60-76.jpg

8e5e75efa9a43dc873f1676c30231d15.jpg

55e502d9518a38b65c46cae558e5b467.jpg

(But then I kind of think Friedrich Nietzsche is evil as well a little bit) But it depends, his philosophy is somewhat complex it can be hard to interpret clearly.

Kaneda

Sep 15, 2020
Pincher Creek
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Egypt
He-Man is the ubermensch, and likewise the falcon flying over his head represents the political wings, but understanding the true nature of both, he is able to transcend the political spectrum and become a true master of his realm; he is able to transcend boundaries.
1776235-poster01copy.jpg

I also see it like the Matrix pretty much, you know we are hopelessly enslaved by machines and programs, the majority of people are hopelessly asleep and live in an artificial world/stimulated program and illusion that is not real at all. They obviously do not want to wake up.

The only problem is that you know, I do not think that almost there is really anyone who wishes for freedom from the illusion.
the-matrix-sh-jef-190820_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

It is also just like the concept of samsara in Sanskrit

Description
Saṃsāra or Sansar is a Sanskrit word that means "wandering" or "world", with the connotation of cyclic, circuitous change. It is also the concept of rebirth and "cyclicality of all life, matter, existence", a fundamental belief of most Indian religions. In short, it is the cycle of death and rebirth”

It is also like Plato’s allegory of a cave, in that if people had supposedly lived in a cave there whole life and told that there was no outside world would they ever realize it?
-kQXNQnn1o15k1PYiJwdPoerfb6fcztrcu7rQ9CopYk4jGJYYoErALvpu5Zb0UPSl9O6yd4tKDy_MQSF36D4NRNbWD9Tat3mexmCPhomA8uryKrqBAtMGK_RzdU24IhRhg

hqdefault.jpg

animatrix-eye.jpg

It is honestly like a nightmarish world to me as a result.

Last edited:

Scoop666

Sep 5, 2022
Karelia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Gibraltar
Atheists, agnostics - share your experiences and opinions on God, Christianity and Christians.

Whats it like?

What do Christians represent to you?
Love? Hate? Violence? Mercy?
I have had very mixed experiences with Christians during my lifetime. Given that my entire extended family is, very nearly without exception, conservative Christians I’m tempted to say that they’re all quite mild and kind, but the internet tells a different story. I’ve had the same experience with Atheists too, having found them kind and accepting in person but rude and unreasonable on the web.I think the internet has just become a place for people who are too rude and illogical to be accepted in civilized society to spout off, which is a phenomenon that I think affects pretty much every group of people with even partial access to the internet. There are good and bad Christians, but the ones in my life seem quite happy with their faith and kind even to those who question it.

Reactions: ScottA

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think the term "god" is meaningfully defined enough to be able to say if any exist. I see religion as mostly a holdover of primitive man's way of explaining the world around him.

Pretty much anything a person esteems, highly exalts, even willing to worship, is A god. It can be another person, a statue, work of art, money, whatever.

The Heavenly God, supreme Description is the: Lord God Almighty.
He alone assumes His own self Title of Creator and Maker.

I am not aware of any other “god”, that has taken upon himself the
Title of Creator and Maker, or having proclaimed Existence without A Beginning or Ending.

I fail to see that a man could look about the wonders of this Earth, the Oceans and the host in the Skys and not have some Belief that Something with Almighty Power Exists and we are simply a Part of His own Will’s grand plan.

And to such a man that does rejects such a Belief...my wonderment is
What is his alternative explanation?

Glory to God,
Taken

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had very mixed experiences with Christians during my lifetime ... kind and accepting in person but rude and unreasonable on the web.

Putting that aside, what is your religious beliefs? Have you always had these beliefs? I'm interested in how your experiences formed the you of this moment.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had very mixed experiences with Christians during my lifetime. Given that my entire extended family is, very nearly without exception, conservative Christians I’m tempted to say that they’re all quite mild and kind, but the internet tells a different story. I’ve had the same experience with Atheists too, having found them kind and accepting in person but rude and unreasonable on the web.I think the internet has just become a place for people who are too rude and illogical to be accepted in civilized society to spout off, which is a phenomenon that I think affects pretty much every group of people with even partial access to the internet.

Hi Scoop,

“Name tags” are simply to imply an indication, and can be changed at will.

Fact is; No one truly knows what is an others true belief, except the person themselves and God.

Fact is; All are individuals experiencing highs and lows at any given moment and how they react to others momentarily or long term, can be an others playing field for a criticizing fest. Seems no one is immune to that.

There are good and bad Christians, but the ones in my life seem quite happy with their faith and kind even to those who question it.

That is a blessing unto you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Scoop666

Scoop666

Sep 5, 2022
Karelia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Gibraltar
Putting that aside, what is your religious beliefs? Have you always had these beliefs? I'm interested in how your experiences formed the you of this moment.
I was raised in a Non-Denominational Christian household, but as I grew and matured I began to question the stories and beliefs I had been taught. Ultimately I parted ways with Christianity, and eventually religion as a whole. But not before taking a closer look at a few other religions such as Islam and Taoism. I think my journey away from faith was a positive experience. I became more knowledgeable about the weak points of many different ideas and belief systems and I gained an appreciation for philosophy and critical thinking that I can’t really see myself developing had I remained a Christian. My journey made me more intimate with several important holy texts, including the Koran, the Bible and the Dao Te Ching. In terms of labeling my beliefs, I would most likely describe myself simply as “not religious” to anyone who asked out of the blue, but I share many core beliefs and arguments with the Atheists and Agnostics who I have had the pleasure of knowing. I just don’t like labeling myself most of the time, as I think it helps reaffirm stereotypes and is not really necessary or productive in a reasonable debate, on nearly any subject. I would much rather articulate what I believe clearly and precisely, than have someone else assume my position on any given issue, which is a problem I run into very often on the internet and in everyday speech.

Well, there you have it. I apologize for rambling on for so long, and this reply will probably be a complete pain in the ass to read all the way through, but I hope you found it helpful or at least interesting.

Have a good day!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..Ultimately I parted ways with Christianity, and eventually religion as a whole..

I don't get it, did you wake up one morning and decide you didn't like Jesus any more?
How about liking Elvis, will you one day decide you don't like him either?..:)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
2001_space_odyssey.jpg

quote-when-zarathustra-was-alone-he-said-to-his-heart-could-it-be-possible-this-old-saint-friedrich-nietzsche-66-60-76.jpg

8e5e75efa9a43dc873f1676c30231d15.jpg

55e502d9518a38b65c46cae558e5b467.jpg

(But then I kind of think Friedrich Nietzsche is evil as well a little bit) But it depends, his philosophy is somewhat complex it can be hard to interpret clearly.

It’s Nietzsche who is dead. God cannot die.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have had very mixed experiences with Christians during my lifetime. Given that my entire extended family is, very nearly without exception, conservative Christians I’m tempted to say that they’re all quite mild and kind, but the internet tells a different story. I’ve had the same experience with Atheists too, having found them kind and accepting in person but rude and unreasonable on the web.I think the internet has just become a place for people who are too rude and illogical to be accepted in civilized society to spout off, which is a phenomenon that I think affects pretty much every group of people with even partial access to the internet.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

When I was being trained for pastoral counseling, I remember one of my mentors telling me: “People will show you who and what they are. Let them.“

There are good and bad Christians …

Like the trees which bear fruits, so too do people - Christian and non-Christian alike.

… but the ones in my life seem quite happy with their faith …

Historically, there is unity and diversity in Christianity. There are Christians spread all along the spectrum.

… and kind even to those who question it.

That is as it should be. The Christian should be delighted when speaking with those who question his or her faith, for therein lies the opportunity to witness.

Kindness takes down barriers; animosity raises them.