Christians language.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! Yes indeed! That would be a good idea...but...been there, done that.

I have 4 'christian' adult grandkids. Two as far as I know...don't use such language. But the other two I have asked and asked...I have even got cross and said- " PLEASE , speak however you wish to speak in your own house, but do NOT use such language in MY house."

It doesn't work...one still does, so do I ask her not to come if she is going to talk like that..or do I stay in a relationship with her and such it up. It makes me sad.
Praying especially for your situation with the one more difficult grandchild.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I have 4 'christian' adult grandkids. Two as far as I know...don't use such language. But the other two I have asked and asked...I have even got cross and said- " PLEASE , speak however you wish to speak in your own house, but do NOT use such language in MY house."

It doesn't work...one still does, so do I ask her not to come if she is going to talk like that..or do I stay in a relationship with her and such it up. It makes me sad.

I'm sorry for your're being in such a situation.
Anything I say is easy as I don't carry the consquences.

Seriously if you said 'Please' you did not get cross. I'm torn between saying loose your temper and treat her as a foul mouth 6 year old or siting down with her and talking to her about respect for other people and about Matt 5:37 where Jesus says let your yse be yses etc as anything else is of the devil.Then ask is she a Christian?

As I said I don't face the consquences.

Reactions: Hisman
D

Dave L

Lifestyle is one thing. Language is another. Some times people face the same challenge as Abraham when he offered up Isaac. That is, when they draw the line on a child's wicked lifestyle, and cut them off completely from home and board. Mennonites and Amish call it shunning. But foul language is only a symptom of inner turmoil and possibly your positive influence will produce good results in years to come.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sorry for your're being in such a situation.
Anything I say is easy as I don't carry the consquences.

Seriously if you said 'Please' you did not get cross. I'm torn between saying loose your temper and treat her as a foul mouth 6 year old or siting down with her and talking to her about respect for other people and about Matt 5:37 where Jesus says let your yse be yses etc as anything else is of the devil.Then ask is she a Christian?

As I said I don't face the consquences.

The 'rub' to this situation is...( she's 30 and) she is a teacher...at a Christian school here!!
Obviously none of the teachers use foul language or the's be fired .
So it makes me sad because , if she can keep it in for 8 hours per day, so why when in my house she uses the F-word in almost every sentence as if she doesn't even know she is doing it!!

It hurts, because there is not respect at all.
Obviously these days I don't blink, its been a few years since I asked her to stop in my house. Her answer was, "Get over it, this is me, who I am."
My answer was at that time - " No, actually it isn't, it is who you have chosen to be!" :(

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lifestyle is one thing. Language is another. Some times people face the same challenge as Abraham when he offered up Isaac. That is, when they draw the line on a child's wicked lifestyle, and cut them off completely from home and board. Mennonites and Amish call it shunning. But foul language is only a symptom of inner turmoil and possibly your positive influence will produce good results in years to come.

Thanks Dave, I pray to that end.

I had these girls every Friday from 9-4 since they were 2 yrs old...( so their mom could work in her husbands business and catch up once a week.)

They were so sweet, they asked so many questions about the bible and the Lord.. I had them from age two until 15 , ( home schooled so could come) when they reached University years they changed their day to the weekend so that they could still come. They were hungry for bibles studies etc..asked for prayer about everything..( still do actually, she asked Dave and I to lay hands on her and pray over her before her wedding day!)

As I say...I do know that in the Emergent Church , and "People Friendly Churches" they seem to be cussing christians...

She is such a pretty girl to, with such a foul mouth.

Bless you...H

Reactions: Hisman and Dave L
D

Dave L

I believe all cussing is a symptom of hatred working itself to the surface. Also certain cussing alternatives come from the same place. "Judas Priest", "gar dam", "giving the finger", etc., etc.

I lectured a Boss once about the perils of taking the Lord's name in vain. So he started saying "Holy Smoke" instead. But he was still cussing.
I should say things did not go well with him shortly after that. He went bankrupt and ended up with cancer.

Reactions: Helen