Christians mistreating other Christians over doctrinal differences

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yeh, you officially have issues too bro. No offense ok but you are now a legend in your own mind. Dont mean to say someone couldnt interp for you ok, but lacking an interpreter i guess you know what you should do. When ppl ask for a rephrase they are trying to hear and engage, im actually a bit jealous, hardly ever happens to me seems like, and you just piss it away. You did not wrote plainly, you did not even wrote english
James 1:22-26 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror. 24. and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it--not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it--they will be blessed in what they do. 26. Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
James 1:22-26 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror. 24. and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it--not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it--they will be blessed in what they do. 26. Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.
sorry, but you have not said why you think the two are connected, so right now i am mostly wondering why you are Quoting Scripture at me apropos of nothing

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've found that to be true Nancy - the worst thing ever done to me was done by a believer who should have known better, but lied to themselves.

The more I try to forgive the more it brings someone's evil deed before my mind - I've found turning away from it works the best and lets God work in my heart. I never feel to restore a relationship with someone who has deceived me or otherwise mistreated but after awhile I notice the anger has lifted. They've forever lost my trust and friendship though.

I too have been badly disappointed in a few churches - and the same thing was in operation - legalism and condemnation. Glad you found another church. God seems to use disappointment to move us out of a place and into another church.

I can tell you're sensitive like I am, and it is both a blessing and a curse!

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been a believer over 40 years and throughout that time I've met a lot of good people, yet I've also seen Christians become abusive to other Christians over doctrinal differences. A believer that I respect said to me a long time ago: "Christians like to cut other Christians up."

Why is this?

How can those who claim to have Christ's spirit within turn around and abuse another believer just because he or she has a difference of opinion? Why do they think it's okay as long as they think it's "for the Lord"?

It's okay to disagree yet we see people cross the line and start getting downright MEAN.

James 3:10

“Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.”
I think Christ Ian’s act like heathens sometimes

I see it on here

if One disagrees with another one thinks it’s alright to chew on the other

I’ve found Christ ians to sometimes be as bad or worse then unbelievers

don’t have to look beyond this forum to see that

I’ve seen despicable behavior