Christians ordered to pay a “protection tax” IRAQ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
A Troubling New Report Regarding Christians in an Iraqi City
As the Sunni terrorist group ISIS solidifies its gains hold on Iraqi cities, reports are beginning to emerge of exactly what life looks like for residents living under their control. Christians – according to multiple reports – have been ordered to pay a “protection tax” or jizya, a historical practice dating back to 7th century Christian minorities living under Islamic rule, if they are to remain in Mosul or other areas under ISIS control.

Full Story:http://ow.ly/yuXbF

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:475]

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
The Christians need to stand together over there.....and throw out some scriptures telling those terrorists.........they don't have to pay the protection tax...........that was the old law....................He hehehehehe :D

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
GLOCK..................is my protection.................ya know...if I need it....ya know.......... if Jesus is busy or somethin :)

This is more scary :(

PELOSI ON BORDER: 'WE ARE ALL AMERICANS'

oBLAMA...WON'T DO ONE DARN THING TO HELP THE CHRISTIANS........YOU WATCH......NOW THE TERRORISTS HE WILL HELP ALL DAY LONG....FOR HE IS ONE OF THEM.

IRAQI CHRISTIANS: 'US MUST ACT NOW TO STOP RELIGIOUS GENOCIDE'
One of the last Christian strongholds in Iraq came under attack this week, and its last remaining citizens are making a desperate plea to the United States for help.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Madad21 said:
A Troubling New Report Regarding Christians in an Iraqi City
As the Sunni terrorist group ISIS solidifies its gains hold on Iraqi cities, reports are beginning to emerge of exactly what life looks like for residents living under their control. Christians – according to multiple reports – have been ordered to pay a “protection tax” or jizya, a historical practice dating back to 7th century Christian minorities living under Islamic rule, if they are to remain in Mosul or other areas under ISIS control.

Full Story:http://ow.ly/yuXbF
The report is new to our eyes, but the culture that spawned it is not.

Google dhimmitude

It's traditionally called DHIMMITUDE among the Muslim nations of the earth. Part of old sharia law, it is a general social and legal attitude among Muslim nations toward those of its citizens who are not Muslim.

During the middle ages, dhimmis were mistreated very badly. In addition to the payment of the 'head tax', those who dutifully arrived at the tax collector's office to pay their dues often received a beating as well. Consequently many Christians who lived in areas that were conquered by Islam ended up converting to the religion to avoid the social implications of second citizenship. But this situation didn't end there.

Islam is a religion of lies, and lies which do not cease even to this day. Those dhimmis, once Christian, who converted to Islam to avoid the stigma, the beatings and social ostracism were responsible for much of what is attributed to be the flowering of Muslim culture. The advance of mathematics, including the number system we use today, has been attributed to Muslim culture. It wasn't. Christian converts used a system even more ancient and employed it in commerce. It proved to be most efficient and continued. Art, architecture and to some extent Muslim literature can be traced back to the influence and work of converted Muslims - dhimmis. The list goes on and I encourage the reader to do a quick study on the subject. It's very illuminating.

Sharia law does not end with Burkas, restrictions on the imbibing of alcoholic beverages, the possession of pets (dogs and cats), elimination of spectator sports and even music. It continues with the persecution, now open to the world, of those who do not agree with Islamic religious society, law or their convoluted and often confusing theology.(*) Beware sharia law.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) I am employed by a local college, which has a number of Muslim students. To familiarize myself with Muslim arguments, I've read the Qur'an from cover to cover. It is not an easy book to read. Personally I'd rather cuddle up with the metro phone book in the evening. It's far more interesting.

Anyway I found an interesting passage in one of the later chapters of the book and decided to ask several Muslim students what it meant. I already knew, but I wanted to hear it from them. I'm paraphrasing the passage now that says 'when the apostle of Allah speaks, one should listen to him.' Ok, so who is the apostle of Allah?

I approached the table where 4 Muslim students were sitting - three young men and a young woman. I asked the question and after a lot of back and forth discussion, they admitted they didn't know. I was asked several time where I'd read the line and I quoted it verbatim. Finally one of the students said, "you shouldn't read that book it's too confusing."

BTW - the answer that the Muslims didn't know is this. The apostle of Allah is Mohammad (PBUH). It's obvious to anyone who reads the Qur'an. Apparently our young Muslims hereabouts don't.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
BTW - the answer that the Muslims didn't know is this. The apostle of Allah is Mohammad (PBUH). It's obvious to anyone who reads the Qur'an. Apparently our young Muslims hereabouts don't.
Thanks mate this was very interesting, thanks for sharing! B)