Abduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
can.of.soup

Yesterday at 4:22 PM
oh my gosh yeah!! i don’t live in a bad neighbourhood, i have a nice house but my parents own a business together so we barley scrape by. it’s.. tough. not to mention i can’t find a job anywhere, despite having over a year of retail experience and a flexible schedule. it’s so tough. i hate money. it’s just a concept we made up. it would be so much better if there was just no money but people are unfortunately too greedy ): no shame in living with our parents!! it’s good to be close to family, it’s a good way to save money and why should we feel forced to move out? i think when i do move out i’m gonna live in a van. like a nice nice van, but a van non the less. i want to explore, want to see and experience this beautiful earth with what little time it and i have left.
i’ll add you on genshin the next time i’m on!!

Thus I reply with the following

Oh that’s good. Honestly, it’s safe for people to move out of bad neighbourhoods and into safer ones. In a perfect world, every neighborhood will be safe, but in my city, based on police crime data available online that I read every so often, most criminal activity is close to the downtown central city area. Of course, that just so happens to be the area that my family’s house is close to. One of my friends I was talking said they’re worried about even going near the area because their car might get broken into or they might get stabbed.
```John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. ```

Oh, that’s definitely tough. I’ve heard a lot of business owners struggled a lot during Covid, so I hope your family was able to recover at least. Like you have the experience and flexible work schedule, honestly, the problem is just the outside current economic conditions we’re in. This recession we’re in, probably caused from pandemic, Russia invasion of Ukraine, climate change, cost of living crises, many other crises. So it’s a huge achievement just to be surviving right now!
Yeah, the concept of money I find so odd personally. It’s like the saying goes “If money grew on trees, it would be as worthless as leaves”. It’s only valuable because it’s in a limited quantity, so by definition, it means some people will have more of it and others less of it, since there’s only so much to grow around. It’s a fundamental flaw of economics.
Honestly, living in a van would save you a lot more money than mortgaging a high price inflated house or giving like most of our paycheck to a random landlord in an apartment. No worries about having your property seized by the bank or getting evicted because you missed a monthly payment. With how severe things are getting in the world with so many civil conflicts, China vs Taiwan, India vs Pakistan. Wish all these countries could just, stop all the fighting and be at peace with each other. Things are already bad enough now, but unfortunately, they’ll get worse, so not a lot of time left like you say. :( Still though, I appreciate that in this short existence I was able to meet you. Hope we can see each other on Genshin eventually!
Speaking of family, I was talking to my mother this morning and she told me “I am going to report that as abduction. I am going to call the police.” That’s a direct quote from her, that’s the truth. There are these random people which are trying to get my younger sister, who’s a minor, under 18, to get into a car with them at night and drive to a city in another province! I checked on Google and it says it’s a multi hour long drive just to get there!
The Lord is against harming children, like abduction which separates a child from the love of their mother.
```Matthew 19:19 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. ```
```Matthew 18:6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin,1 it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. ```
My sister herself has said that she does not like her bad friends. She’s being peer pressured by them. And she has told me that when hanging out with her bad friends, she’s just standing there alone by herself at times, while other people are talking. She feels isolated from them, like she doesn’t belong. I care for her and I empathize with her feeling. I hope she’s able to get better friends, one’s that support her like my mother and I. We’ve shown her psychology articles about how to recognize abusive relationships, so hopefully those help her.
```James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ```
As much as we want to, we can’t be there to protect her all the time. There will be times where she’s by herself, and hopefully she’s able to take the wisdom that we give her and apply it. Not only is it dangerous based on the people, but also the situation in general. What if they can’t see a moose in front of the road at night and get into a car crash? What if they are distracted talking with each other since they’re friends and are driving on the wrong side of the highway and get into a car crash?
There are only two ways to gain wisdom 1) by listening to other people’s experiences of suffering or 2) by experiencing suffering yourself and my mother and I hope that she learns to be wise by the former 1) and not the latter 2). But she’s still just a child after all. So while she may not be completely mature, many children are not mature, just like how I was when I was young too, so we hope people don’t take advantage of that naivety.
```James 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. ```
More details about this are from my post here: They are trying to abduct my sister who is a child
I humbly ask for your prayers my friend to protect my sister during this difficult situation. I pray that she will be protect by the Lord of Hosts.
```Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future. ```