Christmas, Easter, Sunday Observance, Is The Church Following Pagan Events?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No place in scripture is the believer instructed to remember the Lord's resurrection

The only instruction for remembrance is the Lord's death, not his birth or resurrection, it's that simple

(This Do In Remembrance Of Me)

1 Corinthians 11:24-26KJV
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
I suppose we can remember the Lord's resurrection if we wish.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose we can remember the Lord's resurrection if we wish.
Have At It, We Live In America

However the resurrection isn't instructed in the Holy Bible to remember or observe, it's 100% man made, historically following the pagan fertility rites

No place in scripture is the believer instructed to remember the Lord's resurrection

The only instruction for remembrance is the Lord's death, not his birth or resurrection, it's that simple

(This Do In Remembrance Of Me)

1 Corinthians 11:24-26KJV
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Reactions: shortangel

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christmas, Easter, Sunday Observance, Is The Church Following Pagan Events?
OP^

Both Pagans and Christians “Remember, Observe, Have Festivals, Have Suppers, Give Gifts, Receive Gifts”...
in Honor to their Creator, their Maker, their God.

There is NO DOUBT...MANY “adhere” to the Georgian Calendar Dates “set aside”, (by a World in agreement of THAT SOLAR BUSINESS Calendar)... as EFFECTIVE DATES, to not Work their usual Business and “celebrate” with “like Believing People”.

Everyone IS an “individual”... A Business devised Calendar was simply about establishing a World agreement for Business Working Days, and
Days individuals, World Wide, could be relieved from “required” Work, TO: Celebrate According to their “individual” Beliefs.

Nations ARE “individual” established Bordered Lands, Which Also, set Aside “particular Dates”, for “celebrations”, regarding historical EVENTS that are established pertaining to THAT Nation.

** The POINT IS: “Individuals”...
* FEW individuals ALL Believe the SAME...
Regarding Their Creator and Maker. FEW Nations
* ALL nations have EVENT dates...Regarding Their Bordered Lands.

** WHAT any Individual chooses to Celebrate IN Remembrance IS:
According to their INDIVIDUAL Beliefs.

** WHEN any Individual chooses to Celebrate A Remembrance IS:
In accordance Of a World wide recognized Business Calendar.

** HOW (in what manor/fashion) Individuals choose to (or not) Celebrate ANY Remembrance IS:
According to established customs AND the individual’s choices to participate in the custom, or not.

POINT BEING...
ALL “CHRISTIANS” have ONE thing IN Common;
Belief IN God and Jesus IS the Christ. (And these Believers CAN FALL AWAY from their BELIEF.)

NOT ALL “CHRISTIANS” have THIS ONE THING IN Common;
Heartful CONFESSED Belief IN God and Jesus IS the Christ. (To whit, these Heartful CONFESSED Believers CAN NEVER FALL AWAY from their BELIEF. “THEY ARE Christ’s Church”.)

To “categorize” “ALL CHRISTIANS” as Christ’s CHURCH, is disingenuous.
To “categorize” “ALL CHRISTIANS” as “CELEBRATING a Remembrance of THEIR Creator and Maker”, according to the custom of a particular DATE, “as a Pagan” copycat, is disingenuous.

Individuals ARE Individuals. Only God and the Individual themselves KNOWS the TRUE BELIEF IN an Individuals Heart.

Ecc 3:
17] I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Individuals know in their own heart what they BELIEVE.
They Know “IF” they are celebrating The Birth of their Lord, The Remembrance of their Lords Bodily Sacrifice, Gods Gift of the Birth of their Children, The Giving of Charity, The gathering of Children for playful activities...OR: Dark, Evil and Wicked intents.

I am Converted IN Christ, a member of Christ’s Church. I have NO issue with Celebrating the Birth of my Lord, the Remembrance of my Lord’s Bodily Sacrifice, Acknowledging Gods gift of my children, Giving of Charity, Gathering of Children for playful activities. I am confident the Lord God Knows the Truth IN my heart.

My2C

Glory to God,
Taken

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paganism has entered into the Church and it has tried to Christianize these festivals and events

The Witches New Year (Samhain/Halloween) wasn't observed in church events when I became a Christian many years ago, now its dragged into church events as a harvest festival, kids adorned with costumes, candy, and pagan games

Easter "Sunday" is the Pagan festival of Astarte
in fertility, thats why you have the symbols of fertility in bunnies and eggs, mixed with the cross of Christ on Sunday, a day that follows the pagan timing of the vernal equinox and full moon, with a vast majority of churches partaking in the pagan event

Christmas is the pagan festival in the Roman Saturnalia, wine, women, and song, the rebirth of the Sun at the winter solstice in December, Jesus has nothing to do with it

The Pagan Saturnalia Tree is seen in scripture, (Learn Not The Way Of The Heathen)

Jeremiah 10:2-4KJV

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Sunday observance is also of Pagan origin, founded by Roman Emperor Constatine in 321AD, who observed Sun worship, a day dedicated to their false god

Wikipedia: Sol Invictus

Constantine decreed (March 7, 321) dies solis – the day of the Sun, "Sunday" – as the Roman day of rest

"On the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for grain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost."

The sad thing is Truth, I truly don't think people care. Sure satan is great in deception, but is there really anyone who claims to be a Christian that does not know what halloween is? Yet they partake of it every year. No deception there sir, simply a revealing of the true heart condition.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sad thing is Truth, I truly don't think people care. Sure satan is great in deception, but is there really anyone who claims to be a Christian that does not know what halloween is? Yet they partake of it every year. No deception there sir, simply a revealing of the true heart condition.
I agree 100%, we are in the final hours as world governments allow same sex marriage, killing 60 million unborn annually (Abortion),stop and think about that, Sodom and Gomorrah has nothing on this present world

What claims to be the Church is no different than the world, pulpits are filled with $hierlings$ silent on sin and repentance for self $gain$, rainbow flags flying over the cross of Calvary, as women take the pulpit and men sit in the pew

Luke 18:8KJV
8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Jesus Is The Lord

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is true Christians have the right to either ignore Halloween or Easter or Christmas or observe these holidays nobody is forceing anyone to celebrate these holidays, all believers should pray about it & if they get convictions about it then yes they should consider what they need to do about these holidays based on how the Holy Spirit & the Lord are leading them

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paganism has entered into the Church and it has tried to Christianize these festivals and events

The Witches New Year (Samhain/Halloween) wasn't observed in church events when I became a Christian many years ago, now its dragged into church events as a harvest festival, kids adorned with costumes, candy, and pagan games

Easter "Sunday" is the Pagan festival of Astarte
in fertility, thats why you have the symbols of fertility in bunnies and eggs, mixed with the cross of Christ on Sunday, a day that follows the pagan timing of the vernal equinox and full moon, with a vast majority of churches partaking in the pagan event

Christmas is the pagan festival in the Roman Saturnalia, wine, women, and song, the rebirth of the Sun at the winter solstice in December, Jesus has nothing to do with it

The Pagan Saturnalia Tree is seen in scripture, (Learn Not The Way Of The Heathen)

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Sunday observance is also of Pagan origin, founded by Roman Emperor Constatine in 321AD, who observed Sun worship, a day dedicated to their false god

Constantine decreed (March 7, 321) dies solis – the day of the Sun, "Sunday" – as the Roman day of rest

"On the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for grain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost."

Simple and straight forward yes it is all pagan with roots going all the way back to Nimrod, Babylon etc. None of this is mentioned in the Bible. Stick with the Bible and the feast days taught in the Bible, you know the Word of God. Not the words of men as all these other so called holy days are.

Shalom

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I need to ask an honest question. People that follow traditions of men and the doctrines of men are they led, filled with the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit can only teach and lead into truth i.e. the Word of God only. That's what my Bible says not me!!!

I am not attacking anyone this is just a question for all to answer within themselves.

Shalom

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing here to see...move along!

Ye of little faith.

Jesus overcame the world. Or do you not believe that?​

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree 100%, we are in the final hours as world governments allow same sex marriage, killing 60 million unborn annually (Abortion),stop and think about that, Sodom and Gomorrah has nothing on this present world

What claims to be the Church is no different than the world, pulpits are filled with $hierlings$ silent on sin and repentance for self $gain$, rainbow flags flying over the cross of Calvary, as women take the pulpit and men sit in the pew

Luke 18:8KJV
8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Jesus Is The Lord

It is a scary time, a rapid paced time, but Christians fully realize their deliverance is near, so we do our utmost to raise our heads erect. Things are really shaping up for the start of the great tribuation. The activities of the Kings of north/south are quite noteworthy, as they are very active now.

That verse you quoted is very interesting, as it is speaking about his disciples. You and I realize he does have disciples, and that many will come out of the tribulation Rev 7:9,14 but there are so many among us that are questionably serving God. Very sad indeed, now is the time to make sure of all things and hold fast to what is fine. Nice talkin to ye Truth.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Devin 553344
When I first became a Christian I started to get convictions about Christmas , yet I loved everything about it. Over the years those convictions have grown. I always struggled with the nativity, it’s conveyed wrongly. Then they started having a tree in the church and people dressed up as Father Christmas. I could never align Christmas as a Christian. I was told for years that it’s not wrong to celebrate the birth of Jesus, which was true, but it never took that inner conviction away.
Last year I started to get the same conviction about Easter when I considered when Jesus died and rose, it simply didn’t fit in with when the church said it did……. I decided that it should be Passover we celebrate.

For me I do think the lines of got muddy over the years - that things have crept in and we do them without questioning why.
I am not an extremist or a fundamentalist, just someone who has to listen to my convictions xxxxx
Rita, your words could have been taken verbatim out of my own mouth! I too have been seeing ALL of these holidays as pagan. It is a tough one for sure as, most of us were brought up with the ritual "Holidays", we cannot un-know what has been revealed to us...this is also a place where division will occur with friends, family..etc. I fully agree that it should be Passover that is celebrated during "Easter".
xx

• Wow
Reactions: shortangel and Rita

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of Christians do not like change, even if it is spelled out in the Bible.....the Jews were that way too.
Old Covenant---Old Testament and New Covenant---New Testament.....that is a change. Some Christians cling to the Old Testament which is a wrong understanding of Christianity. Some Christians mix Old Testament beliefs with New Testament beliefs....Yeshua warned of this and it is a wrong understanding Christianity. The study of change in the Bible and Christian history is important in the overall understanding of Christianity. What was on Yeshua's mind?....take a look at His parables. What is the Spirit of Christ? Take a look at what He did as He walked with the Apostles.

Change....
In the Old Testament Yahweh warned of making treaties with Pagan nations and told the Israelite army to kill all that breaths and do not forget the "little ones" Then sometimes would allow the Israelites to keep the Pagan virgins for themselves, which effectively meant raping them, whether they were taken as wives or concubines. The non-virgins were killed But things changed....

In the New Testament Pagans were welcomed into Christianity.....called gentiles in the Bible. Mostly the Jews rejected Christ and the Jewish Christians...The Jewish Christians did not like the Pagans being welcomed into Christianity and persecuted and harassed Paul's ministry. But then the Apostles and Jewish Christian sects died out around the 1st century. The Pagan converts--gentiles then took the helm of the church. All of the early Christian writings were done by gentile Christians.

The gentile Christians came from many regions with their own cultures. When they converted to Christianity, that was a religious change, not a change of culture. Christianity at the time did not have a culture. So when the Pagans converted to Christianity they retained their cultures and the way they celebrated.....they chose to designate and celebrate Christian holidays in their own ways, sometimes Christianizing Pagan holidays and our wedding ceremonies come from those Pagan cultures.

Emperor Constantine had something to do with this when he had the Pagan and Christian holidays combined to cut down the number of times the empire was shutdown due to holidays.

Some Christians take exception to these holidays but to some degree it is a rejection of Christianity. It is true that the Bible does not indicate that the Apostles celebrated any Christian holidays....not even "the Lord's Day" that we call Easter now.

So what Christian sect do we belong to?....if we trace our ancestry back to the first that converted to Christianity....our ancestors were Pagan and it was our ancestors that took control of the administration of the church. Christ did not return, so what were they suppose to do? Carry on. So from then you can track the changes or new Christian customs that occurred.

The biblical gentiles were lead by Paul and Peter and their disciples but they did not introduce customs or holidays because they were expecting Christ to return soon and He would be in control and there would no need for holidays or a need to standardize or organize Christianity. But Christ did not return so over time the gentile Christian leaders took steps to organize and preserve Christianity. What would have been the alternative? Without organization Christianity may not have survived. So we have what we have today because of our ancestors.

All this gets confusing for the Bible only people because they are missing a lot of information and even if they had it, they might not like what the Christians were doing or not doing in the biblical era.

Last edited:
  • Wow

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Easter "Sunday" is the Pagan festival of Astarte in fertility, thats why you have the symbols of fertility in bunnies and eggs, mixed with the cross of Christ on Sunday, a day that follows the pagan timing of the vernal equinox and full moon, with a vast majority of churches partaking in the pagan event

Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Christmas can be a great time of Christians and pagans alike. Christians just don't worship the tree nor the spirit of the trees.

Nor does it matter if the baby Jesus was born on Christmas day or not.

If we worship Jesus and are thankful for Him, then it doesn't matter what day it is.

I still love Christmas songs and Christmas season.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The problem this time of year is visiting family. It does sadden me. even though they knowing I'm a Christian, some are lost forever. I put on a happy face and compliment the tree and decorations. I will never get into an argument over the paganism of it.

Matthew 5:16 - Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven

Reactions: Nancy

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Easter "Sunday" is the Pagan festival of Astarte in fertility, thats why you have the symbols of fertility in bunnies and eggs, mixed with the cross of Christ on Sunday, a day that follows the pagan timing of the vernal equinox and full moon, with a vast majority of churches partaking in the pagan event

Another thing I forgot to mention Truth, is concerning the easter holy day, those who celebrate it and apply it to Jesus have the audacity to call it by the pagan goddesses name. satan is extremely good at what he does.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke does refer to Easter in Acts 12:4. I wonder why?
Act 12:4 - And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little leaven makes the whole rise, it affects all the dough.

So too are the things of the world that we let into our lives.

It's the little we ACCEPT that lulls us to sleep in Christ and the little becomes greater and greater. This continues until when something BIG that PRICKS @ our conviction becomes easy to accept.

Anyone saying following Christ is easy is a liar. Giving up the things of the flesh which we have been raised to accept goes against the grain.

NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST REQUIRES GROWING PAINS.
EVALUATE ALL THINGS AGAINST THE WORD !