Christmas Traps

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I live in west central Florida. The economy here has been depressed for years and shows no sign of improvement.

Shopping malls hereabouts, including the big ones on the west side of Tampa, have NOT been more active than any normal day DESPITE media statements and quotes of surveys to the contrary.
I am wondering if the news people are lying to us about feverish retail activity.
For example, a news reporter appeared on TV in a mall we are familiar with. He stated that shoppers were out in droves and that sales were up. Behind him, though, were no great crowds.
The camera showed normal (and perhaps lower than normal) foot traffic for that part of the mall where the TV guy stood.

For my part, the acid test is the line at Starbucks. The lines there this weekend were not long.

The Christmas season is normally a time for the exercise of hedonism rather than spirituality. Is it now a season of lies as well?

How is the shopping mall in YOUR neck of the woods?