CHRISTMAS TREE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Helen has not been well. We are all concerned about her. I did write her yesterday but, no answer back. Bbyrd has been banned :( Amadeus is still on a fair amount. Really do hate wondering about Helen. I would call her but, do not want to bother her.
Still praying for her to be well. It's sad to see many of our regulars leave. Of course, we know Willie T. is with the Lord now...I do miss Rollo and God's Grace too.
Glad to see you back Soulman!

Yes I knew Helen wasn't feeling well, my old buddy Byrd. I do see Amadeus at times that's nice.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Helen has not been well. We are all concerned about her. I did write her yesterday but, no answer back. Bbyrd has been banned :( Amadeus is still on a fair amount. Really do hate wondering about Helen. I would call her but, do not want to bother her.
Still praying for her to be well. It's sad to see many of our regulars leave. Of course, we know Willie T. is with the Lord now...I do miss Rollo and God's Grace too.
Glad to see you back Soulman!
... But, we have some new sisters and bro's that have joined recently such as @TLHKAJ , @April_Rose , @2nd Timothy Group and I am sorry If I've forgotten anyone.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not hardly... except for an ex wife who threw away Frosty...she is definitely going to burn in hell for her treachery. Sure, he may have been missing a few strings and facial features but he was over forty years old already. He would be on my tree this year except for her obvious sacrilege.

HAHAHAHA..... sorry... just reading this on New Year's Eve.... Gave me a good laugh....

Reactions: JohnDB

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Idk if you've noticed those extra wide shoulders on Texas highways. It's very common for someone who may be driving a bit slow/not in a rush to move over to the shoulder to let someone pass and give a friendly wave and a smile as they pass. :)
Texas...it's a whole 'nother country! Don't mess with Texas! :D lol

PS...idk why anyone would want to live in CA unless God directed them.
@TLHKAJ I think in some parts of Texas the highway limit is 80 mi. (Much faster than say Virginia...)

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all and Merry CHRISTmas.
There is a few verses I read years back and it made me wonder. Maybe some of you can possibly explain what you think of this verse and it's meaning:

Jeremiah 10:1-5
"1 Hear the word that the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel. 2 This is what the LORD says:

“Do not learn the ways of the nations

or be terrified by the signs in the heavens,

though the nations themselves are terrified by them.3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;

they cut down a tree from the forest;

it is shaped with a chisel

by the hands of a craftsman.4 They adorn it with silver and gold

and fasten it with hammer and nails,

so that it will not totter.5 Like scarecrows in a cucumber patch,

their idols cannot speak.

They must be carried

because they cannot walk.

Do not fear them, for they can do no harm,

and neither can they do any good.”

Is this where the modern day "Christmas tree" came from? I hope not as I do love a nicely decorated tree!! Any takers?

Hi Nancy well you can keep your christmas tree ... it is epiphany today so better strip it down and store it in the attic.

The verse you quoted does refer to idolatry, The idol statues were made of wood coated with silver and gold which the heathens carried on their shoulders, it had to be nailed down or it would fall over. These were the gods of the nations, they cried to them for deliverance .

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy well you can keep your christmas tree ... it is epiphany today so better strip it down and store it in the attic.

The verse you quoted does refer to idolatry, The idol statues were made of wood coated with silver and gold which the heathens carried on their shoulders, it had to be nailed down or it would fall over. These were the gods of the nations, they cried to them for deliverance .

17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
18 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. - Colossians 2:16-17.

It is hard to judge what is holy and what is not when it is a shadow of the things to come, even him.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
18 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. - Colossians 2:16-17.

Exactly. And the seven Perfect verses prior to Col 2:16 tell us why Paul taught this Freedom in Christ, and it is because of the Spiritual Circumcision that only He provides. Because of Spiritual Circumcision, a person is Enabled to live by and obey the Laws of the Spirit of Life, which are greater than any worldly, or Law of any land. Jesus frees us from worldly Laws so that we will be guaranteed Salvation when Christ returns.

Colossians 2:20-22 NLT - "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as, "Don't handle! Don't taste! Don't touch!"? Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them."

Reactions: Nancy and soul man

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a few verses I read years back and it made me wonder. Maybe some of you can possibly explain what you think of this verse and it's meaning:

"1 Hear the word that the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel. 2 This is what the LORD says:

though the nations themselves are terrified by them.3 For the customs of the peoples are worthless;

They must be carried

Is this where the modern day "Christmas tree" came from? I hope not as I do love a nicely decorated tree!! Any takers?
Hopefully, this is the first time I'll have told this story here:
When I was 17 years old, I was sleeping one night.
I awoke in what should've been a dark room.
It was lit up.
I was lying on my right side.
I was looking down toward the foot of my bed, and about two feet to the right of it.
I saw something that was shaped like a 3 1/2 foot tall, stubby, Christmas tree.
It had little saucer-shaped things strung all around it, like Christmas lights would be strung on a tree.
The saucers were laying flat, and appeared to be about as big around as a silver dollar.
On top of each saucer was a flame that was about two inches tall.
It was this "tree," that lit up the room.
I sensed that there was some type of being in it.
My full being, including my mind, were paralyzed.
Only my eyes were functioning.
I was absolutely terrified!
Frozen with fear!
I kept struggling to move or think, but couldn't.
I was completely under this thing's control.
Then, the name, "Jesus," dropped into my mind!
As fast as light leaves a dark room when the light is turned off, the "tree" and the paralysis were gone.
I was left lying in the dark.
My ancestors, "the house of Israel," were exiled by God 2,700 years ago for worshiping idols and demons.
What was in my room was a demon, with what appeared to be a physical body.
A Christmas tree, though wood, obviously represents this demon.
At the time, God promised to wake up the descendants of these people, starting with their Levites, in the last days.
I am one of these Levites and we are in the last days.
I must purge all traces of these idols and demons from my life.
Because I have promised the Lord Most High, "Never Again!" Shalom.

As a musician and songwriter, I asked the Lord a while back for a ten-tribe song.
Almost immediately, this came to me:
Ten tribes of Israel, wandering homeless, wandering endlessly, throughout the land.
Forgotten by all, their name was worthless, wandering endlessly, throughout the land.
Now is the time for them to return...of their inheritance, they must learn.
Israel and Judah are not the same, until the Lord reunites them again! - by Truman Coates

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was lit up.
I was looking down toward the foot of my bed, and about two feet to the right of it.
It had little saucer-shaped things strung all around it, like Christmas lights would be strung on a tree.
The saucers were laying flat, and appeared to be about as big around as a silver dollar.
Frozen with fear!
As fast as light leaves a dark room when the light is turned off, the "tree" and the paralysis were gone.
My ancestors, "the house of Israel," were exiled by God 2,700 years ago for worshiping idols and demons.
At the time, God promised to wake up the descendants of these people, starting with their Levites, in the last days.

As a musician and songwriter, I asked the Lord a while back for a ten-tribe song.
Ten tribes of Israel, wandering homeless, wandering endlessly, throughout the land.
Forgotten by all, their name was worthless, wandering endlessly, throughout the land.
Israel and Judah are not the same, until the Lord reunites them again! - by Truman Coates

Love the story and your song. but you are terrified of shadows and not reality. You gave the right word when you said "worship". Let me give you the appropriate verse here:

1 Corinthians 8
King James Version

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

The tree and its decoration in and of themselves are nothing! It is the value someone puts to it that makes it right or wrong! No one should ever worship the tree as done in ancient times.

I have done studies during the Christmas season-- "redeeming" the Christmas tree, and how we can view it as a wonderful picture of Gods love and redemption.

If your conscinece cannot accept a tree, I respect that and would never force you to have one or even look at one if invited to my home! However, others have the liberty to have one and you should not condemn that in those folks either.

Paul also said this about things associated with idols:

Romans 14
King James Version

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was lit up.
Frozen with fear!

You may want to lay off the pizza before bed time :) I kid. An old preacher joke when people wanted you to interpret their dreams. We see through all things to him where there is no Jew nor Gentile.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My old pastor, Curt, used to say that. Lol
We are all the King's kids, in Yeshua...we all have our parts to play. :)

Reactions: soul man

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They must be carried

Hi I would offer Jeremiah is defining idol worship using the things seen to give a face on the unseen . Like that of Rachel who hid the teraphim family idol from her father that she used to commune with dead relatives or famous people.

God has no form that showed they like Rachel were not walking by faith as it is written.

King Josiah is used to help understand .Moved by the word of God, the book of law, he performed living good will of our father

2 Kings 23:24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord.

The bible does say there must be heresies as matters of opinion or oral traditions as long as they do not do despite the fullness of Christ grace. As long as it does not become a media for seeking the authority of the unseen I would say have fun .

Two kinds of heresies those that do despite to the grace by which we are bought in full and those that look to another teaching authority other than as it is written (sola scriptura) seeking after the legion of disembodied workers with a familiar spirits that some call patron saints .

1 Corinthians 11:19For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi I would offer Jeremiah is defining idol worship using the things seen to give a face on the unseen . Like that of Rachel who hid the teraphim family idol from her father that she used to commune with dead relatives or famous people.

God has no form that showed they like Rachel were not walking by faith as it is written.

King Josiah is used to help understand .Moved by the word of God, the book of law, he performed living good will of our father

2 Kings 23:24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord.

The bible does say there must be heresies as matters of opinion or oral traditions as long as they do not do despite the fullness of Christ grace. As long as it does not become a media for seeking the authority of the unseen I would say have fun .

Two kinds of heresies those that do despite to the grace by which we are bought in full and those that look to another teaching authority other than as it is written (sola scriptura) seeking after the legion of disembodied workers with a familiar spirits that some call patron saints .

1 Corinthians 11:19For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Yes, agreed and, welcome here!
Discernment in all things, and we know where our honor lies.

Reactions: Truman