Church Attendance at any Cost?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Would you attend a local church that teaches the Bible for its core but mixes in a large amount of "The Tradtions of Men.' I have not found a local denomination in my area that I can feel comfortable with because there are ways in which they all depart from the Truth of God's Word.Yet Hebrews 10:25 says, ". . . not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some..." I use the Internet and follow preachers I trust because I see that they consistently follow the Word of God in their preaching. This is my local church.How would you solve this problem?waynemlj

Jan 26, 2008
(waynemlj;35020)
Would you attend a local church that teaches the Bible for its core but mixes in a large amount of "The Tradtions of Men.' I have not found a local denomination in my area that I can feel comfortable with because there are ways in which they all depart from the Truth of God's Word.Yet Hebrews 10:25 says, ". . . not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some..." I use the Internet and follow preachers I trust because I see that they consistently follow the Word of God in their preaching. This is my local church.How would you solve this problem?waynemlj
I would seek Him on my own as I have done. I am a spiritual minded person where as you may not be. I reccomend you pray for understanding and the wisdom of The Holy Ghost. God hears your prayers and will know the state of your heart. If you truly seek Him it will be His pleasure to reveal Him self to you. He loves when men seek to know Him and love Him, because even if you hate Him and wish not to be ruled by Him,as I did, He may still bless you yet.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
Of course God would like us to meet and mix with other Christians in churches and home groups because there are terrific feelgood vibes about meeting others on the same wavelength.But at the same time he wants us to keep away from bad vibes that pollute us, whether they're in a bad church or bad home group or wherever.Like Wayne, I haven't found any church or group in my neck of the woods I feel comfortable with,(in fact some are a disgrace to Christianity) so I'm quite happy to stay away ,and regard message boards and forums like this one as an excellent alternative..
smile.gif
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)"Keep away from profane babblers" (1 Tim 6:20/21)"Bad company corrupts good character" (1 Cor 15:33)"If you hang around with losers you become a loser" -Donald Trump

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
This forum is not perfect either, if you are looking something perfect. Are you scared to face people?

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Hmm,I think you should continue praying on your own,and do not continue going to these churches who are not preaching the word of God,as they should be. Instead read your bible at home and learn from there,because the bible is the true word of God.Of course reading this on your own is hard,you may not be or may be spirtually devoted to keep reading it own your own,than have somebody else preach it to you!I will be praying for you,Keep the Lord in your heart and only listen to his word,Not the preachers teaching other stuff

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(waynemlj;35020)
God is not only in the church or any particular place. He is in our heart.Big church, small church, home church, is not the matter.The matter is IS GOD THERE?If God is with you where you are is better than in a very big church without God.Matthew 28:20 Surely I am with you always!

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
(waynemlj;35020)
I am interested to hear what you mean by "The Traditions of Men". Could you give some specific example(s)? It would to evaluate how serious these are in undermining what the church is otherwise doing OK.I think church is more than simply what happens in the Sunday service. Christianity is surely intended as a community faith and helping and supporting one another is very relevant. Also the church can and should provide ways for its congregation to do community work for the benefit of all and particularly those in need. But if a church is teaching falsely then one has to do the best one can to find/build a community elsewhere. Afterall, Chrístianity is not a building or a denomination or a series of liturgical mumblings, it is loving and working for God through the body and Spirit of Christ Jesus - "whatever you do for the least of these you do for me".

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Dukester;35031)
Hmm,I think you should continue praying on your own,and do not continue going to these churches who are not preaching the word of God,as they should be. Instead read your bible at home and learn from there,because the bible is the true word of God.Of course reading this on your own is hard,you may not be or may be spirtually devoted to keep reading it own your own,than have somebody else preach it to you!I will be praying for you,Keep the Lord in your heart and only listen to his word,Not the preachers teaching other stuff
And be alieneted from other Christians, not having a fellowship with others. Are you scared of people ? You don't have to take everything in if it's not according to Word, just take the right from wrong or even discuss with others if you think it's wrong teaching. you've got your Bible with you.:bible:

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Shan Missions;35121)
God is not only in the church or any particular place. He is in our heart.Big church, small church, home church, is not the matter.The matter is IS GOD THERE?If God is with you where you are is better than in a very big church without God.Matthew 28:20 Surely I am with you always!
I agree,does not matter what size the Christian fellowship group is.

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
(kalixx;35158)
I am interested to hear what you mean by "The Traditions of Men". Could you give some specific example(s)? It would to evaluate how serious these are in undermining what the church is otherwise doing OK.I think church is more than simply what happens in the Sunday service. Christianity is surely intended as a community faith and helping and supporting one another is very relevant. Also the church can and should provide ways for its congregation to do community work for the benefit of all and particularly those in need. But if a church is teaching falsely then one has to do the best one can to find/build a community elsewhere. Afterall, Chrístianity is not a building or a denomination or a series of liturgical mumblings, it is loving and working for God through the body and Spirit of Christ Jesus - "whatever you do for the least of these you do for me".
Hi Kalixx,I had typed a long message to you and suddenly when I went to Submit it, the site said I was not allowed to Reply because, as a new member, I did not have 5 Posts yet. That’s the reason for the delay in my response to you.So here are two quick examples: (1) The Catholic Church teaches that Mary was conceived without sin. However, every Christian knows that's not true. Romans 3:23 says, "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."(2) They also teach that when a Christian dies he must spend time in Purgatory -- a temporary place of suffering to remove remaining sins from the soul. But we know from (Romans 8:1) that -- for all who believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior -- "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." That's what the cross is all about. Jesus already paid the terrible punishment for my sins and yours and all believers in Him.Does that help?And believe me, the Church teaches many, many more dogmas and teachings from the long line of Popes. They are lies -- straight out!Thanks for your interest,waynemlj

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
(waynemlj;35479)
Hi Kalixx,I had typed a long message to you and suddenly when I went to Submit it, the site said I was not allowed to Reply because, as a new member, I did not have 5 Posts yet. That’s the reason for the delay in my response to you.So here are two quick examples: (1) The Catholic Church teaches that Mary was conceived without sin. However, every Christian knows that's not true. Romans 3:23 says, "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."(2) They also teach that when a Christian dies he must spend time in Purgatory -- a temporary place of suffering to remove remaining sins from the soul. But we know from (Romans 8:1) that -- for all who believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior -- "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." That's what the cross is all about. Jesus already paid the terrible punishment for my sins and yours and all believers in Him.Does that help?And believe me, the Church teaches many, many more dogmas and teachings from the long line of Popes. They are lies -- straight out!Thanks for your interest,waynemlj
Hi waynemlj!Yes, I see what you mean. I would also find myself in a similar situation if my church taught issues as central as these which, however, did not agree with my own beliefs. This was why I asked.There are certain matters which, although they may differ from my own beliefs, they would not hinder my ability to feel at home in a particular church, but I could not listen to these kinds of teachings if I disagreed with them (trying to stay impartial here!) because they would offend and hurt my heart, being attacks upon the core of my belief in the bible message. And that would not be edifying or constructive.But are there not other churches that line up better with your belief structure?