Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is THE most basic tenet of Christianity:

The Trinity,

On this you are most certainly in error. The most basic tenets were given by Jesus here:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matt 22:37-39

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt. 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"
Notice the NAME, not NAME(S). and that name is JESUS. Same ONE PERSON.
John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Fatherthe Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.
I'm going to give you your easy one.
The Trinity, as Shown in Scripture
Advocate? well let's see 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous"
from your verse above. the Lord Jesus will send him, (the Advocate), to you. but in 1John 2:1 the Lord Jesus is the Advocate. please explain how the Lord Jesus is going to send himself... :). this is just for starters. but we're going to every one of them.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On this you are most certainly in error. The most basic tenets were given by Jesus here:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matt 22:37-39
These are basic tenets of Christianity and Judaism.
Don't forget - these 2 commands from Jesus encompass the 10 Commandments.

As for the Trinity - without the revelation of the nature of the Godhead, we cannot have Christianity.
The entire basis if Christianity begins with the Trinity.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Advocate? well let's see 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous"
from your verse above. the Lord Jesus will send him, (the Advocate), to you. but in 1John 2:1 the Lord Jesus is the Advocate. please explain how the Lord Jesus is going to send himself... . this is just for starters. but we're going to every one of them.

Huh??
All THREE Persons of the Trinity are named in this verse.
from your verse above. the Lord Jesus will send him, (the Advocate), to you. but in 1John 2:1 the Lord Jesus is the Advocate. please explain how the Lord Jesus is going to send himself... . this is just for starters. but we're going to every one of them.
This is preposterous.
The Holy Spirit not allowed to be an advocate because Jesus is one??

An "Advocate" is simply a HELPER. We are ALL called upon to be advocates (intercessors) for each other (James 5:16, 1 John 5:16).

Try again . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh??
All THREE Persons of the Trinity are named in this verse.
ERROR on your part. father, son, and Holy Spirit are TITLES, not persons. that's your mistake you're mistaken title for person.
now
This is preposterous.
The Holy Spirit not allowed to be an advocate because Jesus is one??

An "Advocate" is simply a HELPER. We are ALL called upon to be advocates (intercessors) for each other (James 5:16, 1 John 5:16).
it sure is preposterous, you gave the scripture,
BreadOfLife said: in post Yesterday at 4:34 PM #297 John 15:26“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me". this is your post and scripture, and I countered, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous". and advocate is the Greek word,
G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822

so bol, you ERROR, because definition #2 states an intercessor. another word for intercessor is MEDIATOR, and Jesus Christ is the MEDIATOR. scripture, 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”.

so your excuse is exposed. the Lord Jesus by scripture is the Comforter. so your person(s) are one short, meaning your beliefs are false. meaning your doctrine is false. BUSTED.

now prove me wrong.... (smile)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR on your part. father, son, and Holy Spirit are TITLES, not persons. that's your mistake you're mistaken title for person.

Now
Nice try – but no cigar.
Just because the titles are used in this verse does NOT meant they aren’t three separate and distinct Persons.

When you speak about the President, Vice President and Secretary of State – you are speaking about three distinct persons without using their names.

This is an impotent attempt on your part to discredit the Trinity.
it sure is preposterous, you gave the scripture,

BreadOfLife said: in post Yesterday at 4:34 PM #297 John 15:26“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me". this is your post and scripture, and I countered, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous". and advocate is the Greek word,

3. a comforter.

[(not given)]

Root(s): G3844, G2822

so bol, you ERROR, because definition #2 states an intercessor. another word for intercessor is MEDIATOR, and Jesus Christ is the MEDIATOR. scripture, 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”.

so your excuse is exposed. the Lord Jesus by scripture is the Comforter. so your person(s) are one short, meaning your beliefs are false. meaning your doctrine is false. BUSTED.

now prove me wrong.... (smile)
And this only serves to expose your abject ignorance of Scripture.

In James 5:16 and 1 John 5:16 – we are told to intercede for one another in prayer.
In 1 Timothy 2:1, Paul asks for intercession from the flock.

Jesus IS our only Mediator in the sense that only HE can bring peace between us and the Father – but we are ALL commanded to be intercessors for one another.

Game.
Set.
MATCH.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because the titles are used in this verse does NOT meant they aren’t three separate and distinct Persons.
Again ERROR on your Part. Revelation 1:4 & 5 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood" now we have titles here is this one person the letter is from or three, please answer, can't wait to here that answer.
And this only serves to expose your abject ignorance of Scripture.

In James 5:16 and 1 John 5:16 – we are told to intercede for one another in prayer.
In 1 Timothy 2:1, Paul asks for intercession from the flock.

Jesus IS our only Mediator in the sense that only HE can bring peace between us and the Father – but we are ALL commanded to be intercessors for one another.
don't be ignorant, James and 1John have nothing to do with the Godhead. is the Lord Jesus not the comforter? I say yes, now prove me wrong... (smile).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bol, I hope you're christian enough to admit your ERROR. when you posted the scripture, John 15:26“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me". this verse of yours destroyed your position. because my counter proved it out. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father,Jesus Christ the righteous".

then you, not the bible, but you said, "The Holy Spirit not allowed to be an advocate because Jesus is one?". NOT ALLOWED? who are you to withstand the scriptures?.

I'll let you in on a secret, which is a mystery to you. the last person in your doctrine is the first and ONLY PERSON in the Godhead. yes, the "HOLY SPIRIT". you put him last, when he is first and only.
and for the Name of God, the Holy Spirit hold the title Father, (without flesh and bones), And Son, (with flesh and bones). the Holy Spirit is God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again ERROR on your Part. Revelation 1:4 & 5 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood" now we have titles here is this one person the letter is from or three, please answer, can't wait to here that answer.

don't be ignorant, James and 1John have nothing to do with the Godhead. is the Lord Jesus not the comforter? I say yes, now prove me wrong... (smile)..
Ummm, speaking of "ignorant" - nobody was claiming that James and John were part of the Trinity, Einstein.
However - what they wrote in the NT is God-breathed truth (2 Tim. 3:16-17) - and they wrote about out intercession for one another. The Holy Spirit is not the only "advocate" in this sens - and neither is Jesus.

The Holy Spirit a comforter (advocate) - and so is Jesus:
John 14:16

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you ANOTHER ADVOCATE to help you and be with you forever.

Stop quoting Scripture until you understand what it means . . .

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bol, I hope you're christian enough to admit your ERROR. when you posted the scripture, John 15:26“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me". this verse of yours destroyed your position. because my counter proved it out. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father,Jesus Christ the righteous".

then you, not the bible, but you said, "The Holy Spirit not allowed to be an advocate because Jesus is one?". NOT ALLOWED? who are you to withstand the scriptures?.

I'll let you in on a secret, which is a mystery to you. the last person in your doctrine is the first and ONLY PERSON in the Godhead. yes, the "HOLY SPIRIT". you put him last, when he is first and only.
and for the Name of God, the Holy Spirit hold the title Father, (without flesh and bones), And Son, (with flesh and bones). the Holy Spirit is God.

you may want to rethink that one

the Word of God is of God, but Jesus says

Mat 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

the Word of God is fulfilled because it's of and has the Power of God. Jesus says:

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

so God's Spirit is His Presence like your body is your presence and from your presence you speak, and if there is power behind and with your words they are done. not complicated at all.

let us look at the act of creation,

here we are told about the power

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

here we are told about Him making His Presence in His creation, note that His creation isn't of Him its a result of His Power, and where He chooses to be in His creation.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

now we are told of God speaking in His Presence in His creation to His creation

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

and God declared the Light good, and separated it from the darkness that was already there in His creation.

Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

therefore God (the power His Word sits at the right hand of) the Presence (Holy Spirit) in which He speaks and the Word that was made flesh in the case of Jesus Christ. all three are One as is any living thing He has created, they all have power to live the life they are given, the have presence in the earth, and have the ability to express themselves to other living things.

Jesus says He is of the Father but yet is in and with the Father and the Father is in and with Him. hence He is of that Power and the Power is in and with Him as He is in and with that same Power in Heaven that is God the Father.

and everyone born of said Spirit has the indwelling of God Father and Son.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

and again one is not without the other.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your heretical aberrations aside - I already pointed out to you that not only is Jesus an Advocate - but the Holy Spirit is also an Advocate (John 14:16) - as well as ALL Christians (James 5:16, 1 John 5:16).

Like I said before - don't just quote the Scriptures.
LEARN what they mean . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However - what they wrote in the NT is God-breathed truth (2 Tim. 3:16-17) - and they wrote about out intercession for one another. The Holy Spirit is not the only "advocate" in this sens - and neither is Jesus.
Again you ERROR, U said, "and they wrote about out intercession for one another". we're NOT TALKING ABOUT JAMES AND JOHN. we're talking about the Godhead. how hard is it.

The Holy Spirit a comforter (advocate) - and so is Jesus:
John 14:16

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you ANOTHER ADVOCATE to help you and be with you forever.
ERROR, Jesus is the Holy Spirit, not so is, but is. and the word "ANOTHER" is correct. because he is the ANOTHER comforter to come ...... IN SPIRIT. now school time bol, first grade (first thing first). the Lord Jesus is the Comforter in flesh when he was born in the city of David. and this is clearly known in scripture. listen, Luke 2:25 "And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him". bol, do you know what "consolation" mean? listen,
G3874 παράκλησις paraklesis (pa-ra'-klee-sis) n.
1. an imploration, entreaty (urgent request (for mercy or help)).
2. an exhortation (urgent counsel, encouragement, or caution).
3. a comfort, solace.
[from G3870]
KJV: comfort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty

one who gives "COMFORT" is a "comforter". now look at the definition of advocate/comforter
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]

UNDERSTAND bol, when the Lord Jesus said in John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever". another means the same one in a different form. now the Lord Jesus is GLORIFIED, he's resurrected..... (smile). see how easy it is when you KNOW.

so true, the Lord JESUS is "ANOTHER" COMFORTER, NOW IN SPIRIT AND HE RETURN ON PENTECOST. yes bol, the the Holy Spirit is the COMFORTER, because he is the Lord Jesus in POWER.

so your doctrine is false, as well as your beliefs on the Godhead. because your doctrine states that the Holy Spirit is not the Son, and vice versa. well the scriptures prove you wrong.

now you're missing a person in the Godhead, because the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, a trinity cannot be a trinity with two, and we will get to the Father next... (smile).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you may want to rethink that one

the Word of God is of God, but Jesus says

Mat 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

the Word of God is fulfilled because it's of and has the Power of God. Jesus says:

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

so God's Spirit is His Presence like your body is your presence and from your presence you speak, and if there is power behind and with your words they are done. not complicated at all.
No need to rethink, but Let me kill this false thinking quickly. U said, "the Word of God is of God". ERROR, listen, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". NOT "of" God, but GOD, same person.
let's kill two birds with one stone here. U said this also, "the Word of God is fulfilled because it's of and has the Power of God". ERROR again on your part, the Lord Jesus is the POWER. and you quoted, "Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit". listen, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". and for the Spirit part, listen, John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth".

no rethinking, just having Godly KNOWLEDGE.

PS if you want to discuss the Lord Jesus being the Holy Spirit, I'm game... (smile).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bol, are we clear on titles? I see you didn't address Revelation 1:4 & 5 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

do you now understand that this is ONLY "ONE" Person with three titles. if you don't know just ask.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you ERROR, U said, "and they wrote about out intercession for one another". we're NOT TALKING ABOUT JAMES AND JOHN. we're talking about the Godhead. how hard is it.

How old are you?? Because you certainly don’t seem to be able to reason like an adult.
James and John were writing the truth under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. ALL Scripture is God-breathed (2 Tim. 3:16).

The Holy Spirit inspired them to write about the Advocacy of ALL Christians – not just Jesus. Are you finally able to grasp this??
ERROR, Jesus is the Holy Spirit, not so is, but is. and the word "ANOTHER" is correct. because he is the ANOTHER comforter to come ...... IN SPIRIT. now school time bol, first grade (first thing first). the Lord Jesus is the Comforter in flesh when he was born in the city of David. and this is clearly known in scripture. listen, Luke 2:25 "And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him". bol, do you know what "consolation" mean? listen,

G3874 παράκλησις paraklesis (pa-ra'-klee-sis) n.

1. an imploration, entreaty (urgent request (for mercy or help)).
2. an exhortation (urgent counsel, encouragement, or caution).
3. a comfort, solace.
[from G3870]
KJV: cofort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty
one who gives "COMFORT" is a "comforter". now look at the definition of advocate/comforter
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]

UNDERSTAND bol, when the Lord Jesus said in John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever". another means the same one in a different form. now the Lord Jesus is GLORIFIED, he's resurrected..... (smile). see how easy it is when you KNOW.

so true, the Lord JESUS is "ANOTHER" COMFORTER, NOW IN SPIRIT AND HE RETURN ON PENTECOST. yes bol, the the Holy Spirit is the COMFORTER, because he is the Lord Jesus in POWER.

so your doctrine is false, as well as your beliefs on the Godhead. because your doctrine states that the Holy Spirit is not the Son, and vice versa. well the scriptures prove you wrong.

now you're missing a person in the Godhead, because the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, a trinity cannot be a trinity with two, and we will get to the Father next... (smile).
Your “Oneness” heresy is what is blinding you to the truth. Sabellianism, better known as “Modalism” is a heresy that was exposed and defeated at the councils of Nicaea, Constantinople, Ephesus, and Chalcedon.

Jesus is Jesus. He is not "another".

As I have said repeatedly now – don’t just quote the Scriptures.
LEARN what they mean.[/QUOTE]

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bol, are we clear on titles? I see you didn't address Revelation 1:4 & 5 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

do you now understand that this is ONLY "ONE" Person with three titles. if you don't know just ask.
Yes, the heretic Sabellius also made the same mistake.
Suffering from the same ignorant pride - it's not surprising to see how blind YOU are as well . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit inspired them to write about the Advocacy of ALL Christians – not just Jesus. Are you finally able to grasp this??
we're talking about the Advocacy of God. I hope you stay on topic.
Your “Oneness” heresy is what is blinding you to the truth. Sabellianism, better known as “Modalism”
Fiirst I'm not a "ONENESS" as you think, or whatever....... LOL. no, I'm "Diversified Oneness". which you have no clue.

I have reproved you, and corrected you over, and over. if you can disprove what I have said, not personal opinion needed, only scripture, then we can move on. but if you just want to have conversation, instead of discussion that's what facebook and tweeter are for.

you can call me a Sabellianism or Modalist, or whatever, but answer my question, like the Revelation 1:4 & 5 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood". now for the last time, is this one person, two person, or three person. please answer the question. now if you don't answer you forfeit your position.

Last edited: