City of Seven Hills

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here is the mind which hath wisdom....

Wisdom speaks louder than preconceived ideas. And that's what the RRE is. The Revived Roman Empire.

Rome, and especially Vatican hill, IS NOT the city of seven hills or seven mountains mentioned in Revelation 17! Mountains not HILLS is the correct rendering of the text.

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

The word 'hills' is an incorrect translation. The word is 'oros' which is better translated 'mountains'! The only time the word 'oros' implies a hill is when the context does so. In Revelation 17:9 the passage in no way suggest 'hills.' Rome does not sit on seven mountains! It doesn't even sit on seven hills! There are seven hills on the East side of the Tiber. 'Vatican Hill' sits on the west side of the Tiber. THAT MAKES 8 HILLS TOTAL and they are too small to be designated as 'mountains. Ranging between 250 - 500 feet they appear as little nubs when viewed from a distance, you can hardly tell they are there!

The seven hills of Rome are...
Aventine Hill (Latin, Aventinus; Italian, Aventino)
Caelian Hill (Caelius, Celio)
Capitoline Hill (Capitolium, Campidoglio)
Esquiline Hill (Esquilinus, Esquilino)
Palatine Hill (Palatinus, Palatino)
Quirinal Hill (Quirinalis, Quirinale)
Viminal Hill (Viminalis, Viminale)

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore, the psalmist writes. (Psalm 125:2)

The Seven mountains that surround Jerusalem are...

Mount Zion (southwest, 2558 ft.),
Mount Gareb (west, 2518 ft.),
Mount Scopus (north, 2724 ft.)
Mount of Olives (east, 2641 ft.
Mount of Offense (southeast, 2411 ft.)
Mount of Evil Counsel (south, 2548 ft.)

And at the center,

Mount Moriah (the temple mount, 2556 ft.)

A HILL is smaller than a mountain - hill - lower than a mountain - Strong's/Gesenius)

Mount Moriah is at the center of these 7 mountains. This is the site of Solomon's and Herod's temple and upon it sits an anti-Christ monument called the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque? This Dome "sits upon" God's "HOLY PLACE" in East Jerusalem. Muslims want to make this area their world capital.

I think to translate the word 'oros' as hill is misleading. Mountains are technically different than hills. Besides being smaller, another difference between a mountain and a hill is that a mountain is characterized by a summit and hill does not have a summit. The KJV properly translates the word 'oros' as mountain. John did have other options to use for the word hill other than 'oros' but he chose the one that signifies a mountain.

People have tried to tie Rome into Revelation 17 since the reformation. Problem is, not one verse or passage identifies Rome as the harlot or the beast.

Catholicism is not a false religion. Like every other Christian sect - it is heretical but NOT false. Rome has been stigmatized as the great harlot and end-time beast(s) because they crucified Christ, destroyed the Temple and persecuted Christians during the inquisition. Rome no longer persecutes people. Does bible prophecy support Rome, Italy and a European coalition of nations as the End-time Beast? Absolutely not! Every nation mentioned in bible prophecy is Arab, Persian, and Islamic today.

The term "Babylon the Great" simply implies A LARGE FALSE RELIGION. Rome is NOT a false religion! People believe it's Rome or a unification of world religions because that's what they're taught. I have asked hundreds of Christians over the last 15 years to produce ONE verse of prophecy that implicates Rome in any way and not ONE person has been able to do it. Not a shred of evidence yet they continue to believe Rome will emerge in the end as the beast. How foolish. Rome will have absolutely nothing to do with end-time prophecy.

"Come out of her MY people" commands all people to get out of Islam.
Rome never stopped persecuting the saints.
After the dark ages RCC now operates behind closed doors with the 'kings of the earth' to carry out their persecutions.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both are correct.
Ok, so your mountain is a literal mountain or continent. 2 completely different things but ok. Let's go with it.

No, horns are figurative of kingdoms not the lands where kingdoms are established.
No, horns are Kings. Not the kingdom themselves.

Daniel 7:8
I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Daniel 7:20
And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

No, it's not logic and it ignores the Greek words used and their meanings. I have already explained all fo this but you proceed as if I didn't.
You didn't explain anything that I'm buying. You explained what your opinion. You could have had a thesis on the sky is yellow. That doesn't make it really yellow to the rest of the world.

1. If the 7 mountains are literal or are 7 continents and its where the harlot sits, then we can go live in a place void of mountains and continents like an island and know we are not living where the harlot is. That is basic deductive logic.

2. If heads are literal mountains or continents as you say, how do you explain literal mountains having the name of blasphemy?
Rev 13:1
and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

3. Rev 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death

How does a literal mountain or continent become wounded to death? A Kingdom can be, but a mountain? Really?

As one commentator puts it, In order to understand this scripture aright, the word mountains must be taken in a figurative and not a literal sense,

and another says, As there, the words seem to indicate that “the mind which hath wisdom” will recognise the meaning of the image, though it is obscurely expressed. But the “wisdom” required is not merely the faculty of guessing riddles—it is the wisdom enlightened from above;
As in Revelation 13:18 with the mark. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding....

When Rev 17:9 says, And here is the mind which hath wisdom.
It still is not in the literal sense. It requires wisdom to understand the symbol and make sense of the vision.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, horns are Kings. Not the kingdom themselves.

It's both. A king isn't a king unless he has a kingdom.

Rev_17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Kingdom is singular because each singular king has a singular kingdom.

Daniel 7:8
I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Daniel 7:20
And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

You didn't explain anything that I'm buying.

You aren't the target I am trying to convince. I'm trying to convince those who are reading this.

1. If the 7 mountains are literal or are 7 continents and its where the harlot sits, then we can go live in a place void of mountains and continents like an island and know we are not living where the harlot is. That is basic deductive logic.

No, it's not logic. The beast will rule the entire world. That is what the 7 heads is about, the 7 continents symbolizes the entire world.

2. If heads are literal mountains or continents as you say, how do you explain literal mountains having the name of blasphemy?
Rev 13:1
and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

This is symbology. Having the name is blasphemy means these places do not serve God.

3. Rev 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death

How does a literal mountain or continent become wounded to death?

Almost wounded to death. War like how badly Germany and Japan were after WW2. They were wounded almost to death in a symbolic way but those wounds healed.

As one commentator puts it, In order to understand this scripture aright, the word mountains must be taken in a figurative and not a literal sense,

and another says, As there, the words seem to indicate that “the mind which hath wisdom” will recognise the meaning of the image, though it is obscurely expressed. But the “wisdom” required is not merely the faculty of guessing riddles—it is the wisdom enlightened from above;
As in Revelation 13:18 with the mark. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding....

When Rev 17:9 says, And here is the mind which hath wisdom.
It still is not in the literal sense. It requires wisdom to understand the symbol and make sense of the vision.

It is wrong to quote people and not provide their names.