1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clever questions atheists can't answer - answered!

Discussion in 'NonChristian Help Forum' started by Village Atheist, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Stranger

Stranger Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We don't care about evidence. We know. Sorry you don't.

Stranger

2. epostle1

epostle1 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    How much did this blessing allegedly cost?
    Who received it?

There is no evidence on line or wikipedia that the government paid any church or Catholic clergy to bless the Trade Center cross. It's contrary to canon law to accept money for a blessing for any reason.

Fr. Mychal Judge, the first certified fatality at 9/11, was a Franciscan friar and Catholic priest who served as a chaplain to the New York City Fire Department.. His body was initially laid to rest before the altar of St. Peter's Catholic Church. That may have made the politically correct lefties even more sick.

And you are wrong about the Establishment Clause. Your agenda is glaring, and so is your intolerance.

The claim is offensive. Provide documentable evidence of "the government paying for a blessing/ceremony", or retract. Cheap tabloids is not evidence.

Deceased Fr. Mychal Judge being carried out of the 9/11 rubble.
    [​IMG]

3. epostle1

epostle1 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said that the Constitution was never meant to be neutral about religion. Indeed, he said, “there is no place for that in our constitutional tradition.” He admitted that “you can’t favor one denomination over another,” but that doesn’t mean that religion cannot be favored over non-religion.
    http://www.catholicleague.org/scalia-religious-neutrality-is-bunk/

4. heretoeternity

heretoeternity New Member

Can't pay priests for prayer?...lol...they want mucho dollars to pray people out of purgatory...it happens all the time...try to be honest okay!

5. Wormwood

Wormwood Chaps Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Im late to the party, but still wanted to add a comment. Anyone could find a list of silly questions and use them as a springboard to validate their own views by virtue of having the "answers." It would be like me going to an atheist chat board, finding the most uninformed questions toward believers and using those to prove how silly the atheists and their views are. Not very convincing other than simply to show what we already know: some Christians are uninformed on some topics (just like some atheists)

6. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Entertaining. But here is the one question the scientific and atheists communities can't answer:

What happened before that?

Keep asking it and eventually the answer is, "I don't know"...leaving no foundation for the establishment of truth, only contextual assumptions.

We know.

7. Sword

Sword Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Funny I never seen him lose a single debate with all the others who have proper degrees. And he has had over 100. I would prefer kents degree than all the others. If you get what he got.

8. Riekertlily

Riekertlily New Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    South Africa
    i love these answers and this post is one of the most helpful ever. It's also one that I can understand.

bbyrd009 likes this.
  9. Frank Lee

Frank Lee Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Very simple according to the God I believe in and you say does not exist. You're a fool. The fool has said in his heart there is no God.

And again the Lord k ows the reasoning of the wise, that they are useless.

Your decision to believe their is no God escapes me. Everything is made by someone. Oh well enjoy the days you get as much as you can. You're still in the great funnel moving toward the spout.

10. stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Your second point is interesting. I've never actually heard a christia n call for the teaching of science to be replaced with religious indoctrination...I've heard many say all views should be taught. And honestly, in the U.S., You don't hear of a teacher teaching science having their livelihood threatened for doing so - you hear of a teacher presenting the view of creationism being the one having their livelihood threatened if they present the view. So...You should think a little more on your second point.

11. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I have a question no atheist has ever been able the answer.

Law of cause and effect says for every effect there is cause. Science also says all things have a beginning and and an end.

So what caused the and existence of space, matter and energy?

Forget time, because that is simply the rate of decay.

12. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Agree with you, you don't know.

Glory to God,
    Taken

13. DoveSpirit05

DoveSpirit05 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    atheists can't account for truth without God and they can't account for morals without God, all they have is subjectivity!!

14. Ronald David Bruno

Ronald David Bruno Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Honestly, some of those questions are bad questions, some irrelevant and not mature, some useless and silly. I wouldn't even call this line of questioning sophomoric - no, these questions are from some high school kid of little knowledge.
    I tried writing a thesis on refuting the TOE and it only worked on one atheist, may be two. Apologetics is not the way to Christ, although dismantling the TOE helps to maybe cause less resistantce; faith comes by the Word. No one can come to God unless he draws them first. Since they are spiritually blind to God and who they are and where they came from, a thousand unanswered questions will not draw them. Faith itself is a gift, so arguments about Evolution or the Intellegent Design won't enlighten you. You may begin to question the logic but you are still unable to experience God.
    We really don't have to go to the origins to discover God. The Bible says man is without excuse. The power to convert and open your eyes comes from The Gospel. But also, " ... what may be known about God is plain. For since the creation of the world, His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." Rom. 1:19-20
    Invisible attributes ... nature ... where? Love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, gentleness, patience, faith, hope and self control are His invisible attributes. We can see these in what has been physically made as well:
    Beauty of design, order, complexity, function, how every organism is uniquely provided for in the eco-system that works as if interdependent on all its moving parts.
    Still arguing Creation vs. Evolution is not a winning game for either party.
    IF you really want to know God, you simply must comebto him in himility, like a child, drop all the preconceptions, doubts and just ask Him, "If you are real, show me".
    Then start with the New Testament and ask Him ( that's right, ask this imaginary person that the rest of us believe in) to help you understand His Word. Remember pride and arrogance will keep you from God, either drop it or don't bother!

Last edited: May 18, 2021