Commitment Over Marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If two homosexuals marry let’s say Adam and Steve and a priest performs the ceremony, Steve wore a long flowing beautiful dress and they have all the tests and proper credentials from the government, all the witnesses are there.
Is this proper?
Sorry I forgot rings are exchanged.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I finally decided to bring this up considering the fact that my fiancee and I have slept together several times now, and even though we still do plan on getting married we've been together since high school so I sort of feel like we're married in the heart so I feel like we're married already and a ceremony is just that and a certificate is just a piece of paper. I think that all God means is not to have a one-night stand.

Hi April. I won't say anything to you about your situation in this thread. My inbox is always open, if you want to talk. Personally, I don't think it was a good idea to start a thread like this because you've been met with some pious judgment and that's not what you need, my friend.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi April. I won't say anything to you about your situation in this thread. My inbox is always open, if you want to talk. Personally, I don't think it was a good idea to start a thread like this because you've been met with some pious judgment and that's not what you need, my friend.

I'm alright, but thanks. :) *Hugs*

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok, Cristo Rei, thank you for the honesty. I will drop it here.
Good luck to her and her fiancé.

Cheers... Hows things north of the border and covid? Hows Tredaeu been travelling?... His been quite in our media this year with covid...
Has he been a totalitarian on the lockdowns or???

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Cheers... Hows things north of the border and covid? Hows Tredaeu been travelling?... His been quite in our media this year with covid...
Has he been a totalitarian on the lockdowns or???
Things are tolerable, CR, thanks for asking! Trudeau is concerned to a reasonable measure, I imagine, and feels that the only remedy to Covid is lockdown. So, yes, no special privileges north of the border. He's not my favorite leader, so I expect that his publicity is rather controversial.
And you, how are things down under, at least your climate cooperates much better than over here (covid virus has less longevity in heat)?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been married for 33 years, and will remain that till the day I die, though when I married the doe of my youth I was a total pagan.
What do you believe makes a marriage an institution of God, and not of man?

Being equally yoked and of the opposite sex. I doubt that homosexual "marriages" are put together by God, and are actual marriages in His sight.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been married for 33 years, and will remain that till the day I die, though when I married the doe of my youth I was a total pagan.
What do you believe makes a marriage an institution of God, and not of man?

No idea,.. all I know is that Cupid has finally decided the arrows aren't working anymore so he's ditched them and took out a machine gun and I honestly can't imagine the rest of my life without my man as I just finished telling him. :D

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No idea,.. all I know is that Cupid has finally decided the arrows aren't working anymore so he's ditched them and took out a machine gun and I honestly can't imagine the rest of my life without my man as I just finished telling him. :D

Lol, my oldest daughter could be her twin, and she also has a set of pipes.

Reactions: April_Rose

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious about what he meant too, so I'm glad you asked. I wonder if he means marriage, lol, but I won't put words in his mouth and assume the worst like he did to me.
I'm curious about what he meant too, so I'm glad you asked. I wonder if he means marriage, lol, but I won't put words in his mouth and assume the worst like he did to me.
Do you really feel that it was me that put the words predatory male in there?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’m gonna go way out on a limb here and make another assumption, I assume by your posts that in your relationship both of you are consensual.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a shame this thread isn’t more productive,

@VictoryinJesus, what do you believe makes a Marriage an institution of God versus an institution of man?

Waiting, you have earned my friendship and trust so I sent you a PM explaining everything. :) (Or rather I added you to an existing one.)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Waiting, you have earned my friendship and trust so I sent you a PM explaining everything. :) (Or rather I added you to an existing one.)
I do appreciate that, but I do private message s. No offense, but my wife also posts on here regularly, and we’ve mutually agreed that we don’t privately converse with the opposite sex.