Communion of Saints

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
I am new to Christianity as an adult and also new to going to Church. I go to a Lutheran Church and we pray or say the Apostles Creed. I will write it for those unfamiliar.
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary, He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
My first question is what is the communion of saints? I tried to find it in the bible and I don't know where to look.My second question is, are there any fundamentally wrong statements in there? ( By wrong I mean not based on the bible)

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
according to Websters Communion is: the act of sharing / so the communion of the saints would be the sharing of the saints...I believe that the Lutheran church believes this to be the sharing of the life in the church. Being the body of Christ, each has a gift to bring to the church and each gets use of the others gifts,ie: teacher, singer, baker, friend, for the edification of the saints... As a part of the church you give what ever it is you have to give and you take what ever it is you need. I myself am not a member of any church , but here I am a member who gives and takes from the body of Christ here. I am thankful for these here who give to me. They are the ones I go to when I need support and they are the ones to whom I give...that is you... I have felt since you posted this that I should try to help you... Sorry it took so long, and I want you to find someone in that Church to be a mentor... I do not know enough about the Lutheran church and am not the one to guide you about such an institution. I am sure that God will provide someone for you there if that is where He desires you to be. Know I will be praying for you and if yo need help with scripture or anything else outside the Lutheran Church... please ask... I'll be more than happy to assist.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
New LifeI am sorry I didn't see this post sooner to reply I agree with Betchevy The important thing is that you learn at church that you have fellowship there and it brings you closer to God. Most churches/religions have certain things or teachings that are from men. My biggest complaint with most religions is they teach you what they believe and then stop teaching. The thing to remember is no one person or religion or church knows everything because Gods word never stops teaching.So learn from your church when you are ready to go to deeper you will know.And as Betchevy has said we are here to help when ever you have need.