Contradiction Or Paradox?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf go talk to your pastor I guarantee/promise you if he is a trinitarian he will agree with me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf go talk to your pastor I guarantee/promise you if he is a trinitarian he will agree with me.
Most people who think of themselves as trinitarian are Tritheists in their doctrine.

So, I am not going to gauge my pastor's response by whether he calls himself a trinitarian or not.

Back in the beginning of this discussion, when I was dealing with another who was decrying me as a heretic, I pointed him (my pastor) to the conversation and he said that he did not see me as preaching heresy. And he is in fact a trinitarian.

But, here, Acts 24:14 (kjv) is to be held in estimation...

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

What Paul believed in was not heresy; but it was called heresy by certain Jewish people who believed that Christianity was an aberrant sect of Judaism.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people who think of themselves as trinitarian are Tritheists in their doctrine.

So, I am not going to gauge my pastor's response by whether he calls himself a trinitarian or not.

Back in the beginning of this discussion, when I was dealing with another who was decrying me as a heretic, I pointed him (my pastor) to the conversation and he said that he did not see me as preaching heresy. And he is in fact a trinitarian.

But, here, Acts 24:14 (kjv) is to be held in estimation...

Act 24:14, But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

What Paul believed in was not heresy; but it was called heresy by certain Jewish people who believed that Christianity was an aberrant sect of Judaism.
why are you afraid to ask your pastor about your beliefs ?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already presented my beliefs to him...there is no need to do it again.

It would be an exercise in redundancy.
I guarantee you that you did not tell him you believe the Father is the Son and that Jesus was omni nothing for 33 years. If you did tell him that and he allows you to teach in his church then he is as guilty as you are allowing heresy in his congregation and is not protecting his flock against false teachers such as yourself who are kenosis and oneness heretics.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guarantee you that you did not tell him you believe the Father is the Son and that Jesus was omni nothing for 33 years. If you did tell him that and he allows you to teach in his church then he is as guilty as you are allowing heresy in his congregation and is not protecting his flock against false teachers such as yourself who are kenosis and oneness heretics.
You have been ignoring the scriptures that I have presented to substantiate my views and have been going by what you have been told concerning what is heresy and what is not.

Heresy is determined by whether or not it is biblical doctrine.

And I do not believe that the Father is the Son; while I have said that the Son is the Father (which is substantiated by Isaiah 9:6...in order to deny this you have to engage in eisegesis and change the wording of this verse in the kjv, not once, but twice).

There is one Spirit that is God. And He both, inhabits eternity and has taken on an added nature of human flesh.

Same Spirit.

One is Omnipresent, the other dwells in a finite body of human flesh.

Distinct, not separate; even as is dictated by the creeds.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been ignoring the scriptures that I have presented to substantiate my views and have been going by what you have been told concerning what is heresy and what is not.

Heresy is determined by whether or not it is biblical doctrine.

And I do not believe that the Father is the Son; while I have said that the Son is the Father.

There is one Spirit that is God. And He both, inhabits eternity and has taken on an added nature of human flesh.

Same Spirit.

One is Omnipresent, the other dwells in a finite body of human flesh.

Distinct, not separate; even as is dictated by the creeds.
no the CREEDS oppose your heresy on oneness and kenosis.

you should discuss this with your pastor since you are under his AUTHORITY.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and does he agree with you ? yes or no
I already told you that he has said that he does not count my beliefs to be heretical.

It appears that you are attempting to give me the third degree (though I am not feeling it)...when you ask the same questions over and over again, you become like the Pharisees who interrogated the man born blind whom Jesus healed.

I was tempted to say to you, I already told you, and you didn't believe me...why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become one of Jesus' disciples? (see John 9:27).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already told you that he has said that he does not count my beliefs to be heretical.

It appears that you are attempting to give me the third degree (though I am not feeling it)...when you ask the same questions over and over again, you become like the Pharisees who interrogated the man born blind whom Jesus healed.

I was tempted to say to you, I already told you, and you didn't believe me...why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become one of Jesus' disciples? (see John 9:27).
what denomination is your church ?

what theological seminary did he get his degree ?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want a god whom I can understand fully. I'm glad I'm not as smart as some of the people I've come across on the Interweb. This thought has nagged me for many years. If I knew as much about God as the collective of people I've encountered within the last 20 years or so, I fear I'd have little, if anything, left to learn. So many people seem to be so sure about so much. Someone always has a confident, if not altogether condescending ("How could you not know this?") answer to every question. It's truly baffling.
It is not "How could you not know that?", as I speak for myself, it is Why do you (in general, not speaking to 'you', except as you see it applies to 'you') refuse to acknowledge that?" For instance, on the Sabbath-Sunday issue, do you really think that most people that we have spoken with do not already "know"? There are other issues, that such come across and they react the same way. They do not have knowledge on such, not because they could not know, but as Hosea says, they refuse to know, and as other prophets (even Jesus) have said they shut their eyes and close their ears. 'They' choose to be willingly ignorant.

Even with all the collective knowledge of humanity on earth, it would not even come close to knowing all their is to know about God, since God has not told us everything there is to know, even as God said, I have yet many things to tell you, but ye are not able to bear them. Yet those things not yet revealed, never contradict that which is already revealed, and is for us and our children.

I find that the attitude is rejection of knowledge, simply because 'they' don't want to deal with it, for the reason/s only they (and God) knows.

So, is to be "sure" of that which is true evil? Is it condescending? No. It is that they have accepted the truth given from God, and they teach with authority, and not as the scribes and Pharisees, which merely guess at what they themselves do not know, or simply refuse to know, and make endless conjecture in the dark. And that is truly the condemnation as Jesus Himself has said.

Antichrist teaches 'impeccability' of Jesus. The Bible (KJB) teaches no such thing, but you already knew that.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not "How could you not know that?", as I speak for myself, it is Why do you (in general, not speaking to 'you', except as you see it applies to 'you') refuse to acknowledge that?" For instance, on the Sabbath-Sunday issue, do you really think that most people that we have spoken with do not already "know"? There are other issues, that such come across and they react the same way. They do not have knowledge on such, not because they could not know, but as Hosea says, they refuse to know, and as other prophets (even Jesus) have said they shut their eyes and close their ears. 'They' choose to be willingly ignorant.

Even with all the collective knowledge of humanity on earth, it would not even come close to knowing all their is to know about God, since God has not told us everything there is to know, even as God said, I have yet many things to tell you, but ye are not able to bear them. Yet those things not yet revealed, never contradict that which is already revealed, and is for us and our children.

I find that the attitude is rejection of knowledge, simply because 'they' don't want to deal with it, for the reason/s only they (and God) knows.

So, is to be "sure" of that which is true evil? Is it condescending? No. It is that they have accepted the truth given from God, and they teach with authority, and not as the scribes and Pharisees, which merely guess at what they themselves do not know, or simply refuse to know, and make endless conjecture in the dark. And that is truly the condemnation as Jesus Himself has said.

Antichrist teaches 'impeccability' of Jesus. The Bible (KJB) teaches no such thing, but you already knew that.
So you deny the Impeccability of Christ ?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been counseled (wisely, I believe) to be very careful about how I dwell upon the human nature of Christ.

Reactions: marks

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been (wisely, I believe) counseled to be very careful about how I dwell upon the human nature of Christ.
But He also was fully God- all the fulness of Deity dwelled in Him bodily as per Colossians 1:19 and Colossians 2:9. So whatever can be said of the Father's Divine Nature can be said of the Sons Divine Nature.

Like I pointed our earlier the 2 natures in Christ is a paradox, God manifest in the flesh.

So if the Father is Eternal, likewise is the Son. The same with all the Attributes of God which includes the Omni's and Impeccability.

Just because our finite minds cannot comprehend them does not make them untrue.

hope this helps!!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what denomination is your church ?

what theological seminary did he get his degree ?
I do not feel the need to answer any more questions; lest as Saul did to the early Christians, you seek to bring down persecution on my church.

Again, it seems to me that you are attempting to implement your own mini-inquisition here.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not feel the need to answer any more questions; lest as Saul did to the early Christians, you seek to bring down persecution on my church.

Again, it seems to me that you are attempting to implement your own mini-inquisition here.
afraid of being confronter with the truth, but run away from it by all means.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if the Father is Eternal, likewise is the Son. The same with all the Attributes of God which includes the Omni's and Impeccability.
The "Son" did not know the day or hour of His return (Mark 13:32); thus He was not Omniscient. He did not receive all power in heaven and earth until after He was resurrected (Matthew 28:18); thus He was not Omnipotent. He was come in a finite body of human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7); and this was not Omnipresent.

All of this in reference to the Lord (God) as He was unified with His humanity in the hypostatic union.

Jesus was and is Omnipresent, Omniscient, and Omnipotent inasmuch as He is the one Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) who is God (the Father and the Holy Ghost, John 4:23-24, John 7:39). That Spirit is indeed all three things.

But inasmuch as that Spirit was unified with the humanity of Christ, He was emptied of those godly attributes (yet He did not cease to be God).