Contradiction Or Paradox?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will do, they need to put their head back in the sand....it will make them feel better.
My how you appear to love to be condescending.

It would have been easier to simply post a few of the verse comparisons and then link the source. This way others are able to read the full material if they feel led.
The Nazarene Way of Essenic Studies
Inconsistencies of the New Testament

The Academic Study of the Bible and its Textual Content

This list is meant to identify possible or know inconsistencies in the King James Version of the New Testament. These problems are especially inherent in a literalist or fundamentalist interpretation of the Gospels.

Some of the selections may be resolvable on certain interpretations and may be eliminated with suitable rationalizations or explanations. It is the student's obligation to test this possibility using academic disciplines and analysis.

To help students in this task, this list is aimed at presenting examples where problems may exist given certain allowable but not always obligatory assumptions.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like cowardice on your part.
Will this kind of talk win many converts. Perhaps all of his 12 closest followers could have been called cowards when they ran away as those sent to lay hands on Jesus led the Lord him away, but Jesus said nothing of it. There is "a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;"!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said before, why offer the "problems" without offering the solutions unless your aim is to disparage the Bible? :)
Read the words that I am typing....lol....They will not like the explanations. I have faith in God...I do not need for anything to be perfect for me to have faith in God. That is a lesson they need to learn...because these contradictions are the tip of the iceberg. The more you know the more there are....Men wrote the Bible, have faith in God. Remember that Star Trek episode where the oracle said "your truth" There is conceptional difference between personal truth and the truth. Be more interested in truth than human concepts of perfection. God is perfect, we are not. Nothing we put our hand to will be perfect....Our faith should be about God, don't expect a book to be perfect. Don't let your faith in God be contingent on the perfection of a book written by man.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would have been easier to simply post a few of the verse comparisons and then link the source. This way others are able to read the full material if they feel led.
Don't worry about it they are delete...end of discussion. March off smartly.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the words that I am typing....lol....They will not like the explanations. I have faith in God...I do not need for anything to be perfect for me to have faith in God. That is a lesson they need to learn...because these contradictions are the tip of the iceberg. The more you know the more there are....Men wrote the Bible, have faith in God. Remember that Star Trek episode where the oracle said "your truth" There is conceptional difference between personal truth and the truth. Be more interested in truth than human concepts of perfection. God is perfect, we are not. Nothing we put our hand to will be perfect....Our faith should be about God, don't expect a book to be perfect. Don't let your faith in God be contingent on the perfection of a book written by man.

Saying that the Bible has flaws--that it is the flawed writings of men--is a slippery slope. Where does it stop??

You end up claiming that verses you don't want to believe are flawed.... Why even use the Bible in this case? Find some book not inspired by the Holy Spirit that says exactly what you want to believe.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps all of his 12 closest followers could have been called cowards when they ran away
Not could have ... actually were. That is the point. They needed Jesus Christ to not be cowards, even though Peter, and the others of themselves thought in themselves they were not. How do I know? Jesus constantly told them "Fear not", "Do not be afraid", "Why does Fear Arise in Your hearts", "Why are ye so fearful", &c ...

Reactions: amadeus

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men cannot be perfect.
This is the lie of the devil. The Bible actually says:

Mat_5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Php_3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Php_4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Luk_1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
Mat_19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Mar_10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.​

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Want to start over? How was the day today?
I have had worse days. My youngest granddaughter, one of our few visitors these days of Covid 19 spent the night last night so she could clean our apartment for us this morning. She also worked almost a ¼ of our jigsaw puzzle for us... as if we did not want work at it in our slow easy way. LOL! But... she smiled in her kind little smile at me when it was time to leave and I quickly forgot about the puzzle.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You end up claiming that verses you don't want to believe are flawed.... Why even use the Bible in this case? Find some book not inspired by the Holy Spirit that says exactly what you want to believe.
What is reality? Do these scriptures exist? It is not my fault that they exist. You can look at them and believe that they are in perfect harmony...matters to me not.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the lie of the devil. The Bible actually says:

Mat_5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Php_3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Php_4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Luk_1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
Mat_19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Mar_10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.​
Good luck with that

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had worse days. My youngest granddaughter, one of our few visitors these days of Covid 19 spent the night last night so she could clean our apartment for us this morning. She also worked almost a ¼ of our jigsaw puzzle for us... as if we did not want work at it in our slow easy way. LOL! But... she smiled in her kind little smile at me when it was time to leave and I quickly forgot about the puzzle.
How many pieces? What's the basic image? I like puzzles. It is one of the reasons I like prophecy and history, yes, and even God's word, so much.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luck ain't got nuthin' to do wit' it. It's all a matter of faith, for the just shall live by faith.
Living by faith as long as the Bible is perfect?
Giving God conditions for your faith?
Believe in God.
But also the desire for truth is walking with God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many pieces? What's the basic image? I like puzzles. It is one of the reasons I like prophecy and history, yes, and even God's word, so much.
1000 pieces for a picture of a snow covered cottage in the country with a horse drawn sleigh in the driveway out front. In my younger days I loved to work the 2000 to 3000 piece puzzles, but they got to be too difficult for me alone and my wife refused to work on a puzzle that big.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1000 pieces for a picture of a snow covered cottage in the country with a horse drawn sleigh in the driveway out front. In my younger days I loved to work the 2000 to 3000 piece puzzles, but they got to be too difficult for me alone and my wife refused to work on a puzzle that big.
Sounds like a wise lady. Puzzles, while sometimes complicated, are to be fun and interesting, and to unite those participating in it, and not to be a endless chore (meaning too many pieces that rarely gets finished, or has interest in for long for some).

I had some like that when I was younger, and even had a really complicated one that was dual sided and repeated ever so many frames with slight differences.

Is it of a real photo, or artistic rendition (painting, etc a la Thomas Kinkade)?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check out the first 8 short clips:

I get it! You think the Bible is perfect and the KJV is accurate.
Although I disagree with both of your beliefs...I would fight for your right to believe it.
I do not care if you believe in unicorns...pixie dust...and Peter Pan. that is your right.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many grandchildren do you have?