Contradiction Or Paradox?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter @ReChoired ....would you kindly delete or edit your excessive and lengthy posts? I will tell you honestly no one reads them when they are overwhelmed with trying to read so much information at one time.
Your post require hours and maybe days to thoroughly read all the content and examine the context and therefore doesn't allow for much response in a timely manner.
Thank you

If you don't I will...sorry but it's our rules.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved by faith apart from works- Paul
Paul uses Abraham to justify salvation by faith alone.

Faith without works is dead. I will show you my faith by my works. James
James uses Abraham to justify his works in salvation.

hope this helps !!!

Abraham was NOT under the Law of Moses.

James was talking about works of faith, not works of the Law.

Therefore, no contradictions here.

Reactions: WaterSong

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your reason for refusing the Seventh-day Adventist body?
If I am understanding your question correctly, it really is none of your business! I will say that you were part of the reason and even given that I won't answer you on the public forum beyond what I have already posted.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sorry to include you but I could not do one and not the other. I would not and could not read what he wrote or what you wrote because of the length. To participate in a thread I like to be able to read it all carefully. This, for me, was beyond my ability and that is not stretching things. I retired early from my secular job for this reason 20 years ago.
The file is an old file. People get on their soap box and try to make people think they are holy by defending God. God does not need a defense...The facts still exist whether I presented them or not. The original file was a little larger...more complicated scriptures. They distributed the file between the students...and just like here it brought out the apologist in them...energy for homework. lol We learned a lot by trying to harmonize these scriptures. Not all of them can be explained, but there are a lot that can be, then again many of explanations that came forth....a lot of times, people do not like the explanations. So you still ended up with unresolved solutions. They don't like the honesty in pointing them out and they do not like the explanations. My only suggestions is that they put their head back in the sand and repeat...There is no place like home! There is no place like home!

Reactions: amadeus

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess what I should have expected was a Sabbath debate hijack.
That is a paradox and contradiction at the central issue. Christians that claim to follow Jesus, and don't follow him in keeping the 4th commandment.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter @ReChoired ....would you kindly delete or edit your excessive and lengthy posts? I will tell you honestly no one reads them when they are overwhelmed with trying to read so much information at one time.
Your post require hours and maybe days to thoroughly read all the content and examine the context and therefore doesn't allow for much response in a timely manner.
Thank you

If you don't I will...sorry but it's our rules.
Will do, they need to put their head back in the sand....it will make them feel better.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No (final answer). I wouldn't delete what I have presented if I were you. There are examples in scripture of what happens to those who cut up, destroy and burn the words that are sent by the messengers of God. They aren't pretty.
And there are examples in our forum rules of how to conduct yourself in the threads.

Reactions: amadeus

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there are examples in our forum rules of how to conduct yourself in the threads.
So move along then and leave what is posted as posted. All of it is truth, and all of it is required to show that those who post contradictions, that there are actually no contradictions in scripture.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 22:37-40
And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 Upon these two commandments hang the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Galatians 5:14
The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: BarneyFife

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The stipulation in verse 9 does not change the reality of what the letter of the law says in verse 10 (thou shalt not do "any" work).

If the Lord wanted to make your point clear, He would have said in verse 10, thou shalt not do any of "thy" work.

Instead He said, thou shalt not do "any work" indicating that no work is to be done on the sabbath day according to the letter of this law.
You're berating the point of work. If, as you insist, any work was forbidden then Jesus, who healed on the Sabbath, worked. And as such sinned by breaking his own Sabbath rest law.

Reactions: ChristisGod