Conversation with An Atheist

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,259
25,823
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I've read it.

Then you know that I’m following the teaching of Jesus.

Stop deflecting and answer the question.

I’ve already answered your question and you’ve already trampled it in the muck and the mire.

Have you asked your wife what she thinks she'll be doing? What did she tell you?
 

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,402
2,745
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
It's not a difficult question.
Why can't anyone answer it?

Ask me what my eternity might look like and I can answer honestly... Death and no further thoughts. No further involvement, I'll live in the memories of my family for a short time but that will fade fairly quickly....

I have no idea what my great great grandfathers name was, I have no idea what he did for a living... He had a life on this planet and must have thought that it was important. I don't know anything about that. That will be me one day and that will be my kids one day. That will be everybody.
Things are prepared for us in Heaven that we cannot even begin to imagine. Paul said he heard words that would be unlawful for him to utter.
The biggest disagreement we all have is when do we get to heaven, and if God’s kingdom will be on earth. Some say as soon as you die you go to heaven, others say you sleep until the resurrection.
I tend to believe in the resurrection but to you it will seem as if it’s right when you die. You will have no memory of the time you were dead.
God’s kingdom will be on earth for a thousand years before there is a new heaven and a new earth. I don’t know what heaven will be like, I can only imagine and it will be better than my imagination can conjure
 

shepherdsword

Encounter Team - Eagle
Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 12, 2009
2,415
2,169
113
Millington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
How will your eternity work out?
Try to go into detail if you can.
I can't give you exact details. I just know it will be totally overwhelming. I hope you make it: :pray:

1 Co 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Ps 16:11
You will shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
519
162
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
At some point you have to realize that Christians will only go so far with you.
Why can't you answer the question? It's not a difficult question.
I've answered your questions.
Why can't you admit that you don't have an answer to my question instead of deflecting?

Everyone here can see that you can't answer my question.
 

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,259
25,823
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Why can't you answer the question? It's not a difficult question.

I already have answered it.

I've answered your questions.
Why can't you admit that you don't have an answer to my question instead of deflecting?

I can’t and won’t admit what isn’t true.

Others are also answering your question, thus giving you what you want.

Everyone here can see that you can't answer my question.

Few here pay much attention to what I say. Those who do will either recall what I’ve said, ask me about what I’ve said, or search my posts for what I’ve said.

If all you want is for my enemies to cheer for you, you can have it. It won’t change anything.
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
519
162
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
I already have answered it.



I can’t and won’t admit what isn’t true.



Few here pay much attention to what I say. Those who do will either recall what I’ve said, ask me about what I’ve said, or search my posts for what I’ve said.

If all you want is for my enemies to cheer for you, you can have it. It won’t change anything.
Why can't you answer a simple question? Why can't any of you answer a simple question?

I'm not Mathias bashing here.
Can anyone who is reading this thread answer this very simple question?

To clarify what the actual question is....

What are you expecting from an eternal life?
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
519
162
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Things are prepared for us in Heaven that we cannot even begin to imagine. Paul said he heard words that would be unlawful for him to utter.
The biggest disagreement we all have is when do we get to heaven, and if God’s kingdom will be on earth. Some say as soon as you die you go to heaven, others say you sleep until the resurrection.
I tend to believe in the resurrection but to you it will seem as if it’s right when you die. You will have no memory of the time you were dead.
God’s kingdom will be on earth for a thousand years before there is a new heaven and a new earth. I don’t know what heaven will be like, I can only imagine and it will be better than my imagination can conjure
So if we can't begin to imagine what heaven holds in store for us, why would we assume that heaven is a good place to be?
I imagine good things all the time but those things don't last forever.
 

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,402
2,745
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
So if we can't begin to imagine what heaven holds in store for us, why would we assume that heaven is a good place to be?
I imagine good things all the time but those things don't last forever.
Because we assume that Jesus is good and he said he was going to prepare a place for us. I trust Jesus to make it a nice place
 

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,259
25,823
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Why can't you answer a simple question? Why can't any of you answer a simple question?

Your question has been answered by me and others are continuing to answer it. I don’t believe you’ve failed to notice that.

And I’m pretty sure you’ve posed your question to your wife at some point.

I'm not Mathias bashing here.

Who cares if you are or you aren’t? I don’t.

Can anyone who is reading this thread answer this very simple question?

To clarify what the actual question is....

What are you expecting from an eternal life?

See above.
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
519
162
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Hello
Your question has been answered by me and others are continuing to answer it. I don’t believe you’ve failed to notice that.



Who cares if you are or you aren’t? I don’t.



See above.
What do you believe that your eternal life will be like?
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
519
162
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Here's a clue Mathias.... You and the Bible are not the same thing.
What do you think?