Conversation with An Atheist

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,259
25,823
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male
What do YOU think Mathias?

Read the Bible and you will have a fair idea of what I think in regard to your question about what I will be doing in the age to come.

You say that you’ve read the Bible and are in the process of reading it again. The scriptures have told you, and will tell you again, what Jesus and his followers will be doing.
 
Last edited:

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
519
162
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
You’re wrong. It does. Read it again, and again.
I'm talking about you, not me.
The Bible gives no detail about how the saved will spend eternity.

Show me a verse that clarifies how the saved will spend eternity.
 

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,259
25,823
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,402
2,745
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I wouldn't argue if I didn't know that I was 100% correct.
Here are key Bible passages that describe heaven, the afterlife, and God’s kingdom (including its ultimate fulfillment on a renewed earth). These are drawn primarily from widely recognized translations (especially the public-domain King James Version and common modern renderings for clarity). I have grouped them by theme and kept the quotes focused.Descriptions of Heaven / God’s Dwelling
  • John 14:2-3
    “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
  • Revelation 21:1-4
    “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
  • 1 Corinthians 2:9
    “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
  • Revelation 22:1-5 (continuation of the heavenly/new-earth vision)
    Describes the pure river of the water of life, the tree of life, no more curse, the throne of God and of the Lamb, and the redeemed seeing God’s face and reigning forever.
The Afterlife / Resurrection and Eternal Life
  • 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
    “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
  • Philippians 3:20-21
    “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body…”
  • 2 Corinthians 5:1, 8
    “For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens… We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”
  • John 5:28-29
    “Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
God’s Kingdom (Present and Future, Including on Earth)
  • Matthew 6:9-10 (the Lord’s Prayer)
    “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”
  • Daniel 2:44
    “And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed… it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.”
  • Revelation 11:15
    “The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.”
  • Isaiah 65:17-25 (Old Testament picture of the renewed creation / kingdom)
    God creates “new heavens and a new earth”; no more weeping, long life, peaceful coexistence of wolf and lamb, etc.—a prophetic vision of God’s restored order on earth.
  • Matthew 5:3-10 (Beatitudes) and many of Jesus’ parables (e.g., the mustard seed, the yeast, the treasure in the field) describe the nature and growth of the kingdom of heaven/God in the present age, while pointing forward to its full realization.
These passages present heaven as God’s presence and dwelling, the afterlife as resurrection and being “with the Lord,” and God’s kingdom as both already breaking into the world through Christ and ultimately fulfilled in a new heaven and new earth where God dwells with His people forever. Different Christian traditions emphasize various aspects (spiritual heaven now vs. future renewed creation), but the texts above are foundational across most of them.
Thanks Grok.
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
519
162
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Everything the Bible says that is in store for me. You, too.
I'm not interested in the Bible and what it has to say. I'm interested in what you think about what an eternity of living might look like.

Do you think that you could ignore the fact that murderers and rapists are sharing heaven with you?

Do you think that you could put to one side the fact that good people are not sharing heaven with you?

Could you honestly spend an eternity under those circumstances?
 

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,402
2,745
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I'm not interested in the Bible and what it has to say. I'm interested in what you think about what an eternity of living might look like.

Do you think that you could ignore the fact that murderers and rapists are sharing heaven with you?

Do you think that you could put to one side the fact that good people are not sharing heaven with you?

Could you honestly spend an eternity under those circumstances?
Murderers and rapists can be forgiven but I don’t think it’s as common as you seem to think it is
 

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,259
25,823
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I'm not interested in the Bible and what it has to say.

Obviously.


I'm interested in what you think about what an eternity of living might look like.

I’ve told you that I believe what the Bible says about it.

Do you think that you could ignore the fact that murderers and rapists are sharing heaven with you?

I’m not sharing heaven with anyone. Do you remember me telling you that?

Do you think that you could put to one side the fact that good people are not sharing heaven with you?

Could you honestly spend an eternity under those circumstances?