Conversation with An Atheist

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,374
2,728
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I am ploughing through the OT again. I don't like the God of the OT.
The God of the OT is unpleasant and needy, his only begotten son on the other hand is good, (I'm skipping forward to the NT here) he's a good man who teaches love and tolerance.
If the God of the OT who sent his son for us was loving towards his creation, I'd definitely have a different view.
The evidence provided by the Bible says otherwise...

I'm not stupid by the way for not accepting the biblical God, I'm looking at it with a Jesus mindset.
I think that Jesus would be horrified by some of the views that his supposed followers come out with. I think that Jesus was more loving than that.

It's a pity that he was just a historical figure and not the son of the creator.
If he’s not the Son of God then he was a liar who has deceived millions of people. As for me, I believe him.
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
435
147
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
If he’s not the Son of God then he was a liar who has deceived millions of people. As for me, I believe him.
Can you see the difference between the father and the son?
It's as plain as daylight to me.

I don't think that Jesus compares in any way to the God of the OT.

I don't think that Jesus would have condoned any of the warmongering. I don't think that Jesus would have commanded an army. I don't think that Jesus had a bad bone in his body.

From historical accounts I think that Jesus existed and died on the cross. I believe that Jesus cared about people, and I believe that Jesus died for nothing.

I also think that the legend lived on.. The stories were exaggerated over time and were cemented into folklore. Paul took the reigns and basically created Christianity as we know it today.
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
435
147
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Yes. Reports are coming back positive that it has been located. GPR, ERT, LiDAR, core drilling, dirt samples, ark dimensions have all been used scientifically to identify the ark. The anomaly at the Durupinar site has been determined not to be a natural formation.
3 levels have been discovered as well as right angels and a center hallway. More info here.

Mountains such as Mt Ararat were not present at the beginning of the flood. Around the time of the end of the flood the continents shifted, slid, moved and formed the mountains of the world. Geologist can look at features such as recumbent folds in the rock strata and have determined that the folds formed rapidly while the sediment was still somewhat plastic.
Psalms 104 describes this...
5He set the earth on its foundations,
so that it should never be moved.
6You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
the waters stood above the mountains.
7At your rebuke they fled;
at the sound of your thunder they took to flight.
8The mountains rose, the valleys sank down
to the place that you appointed for them.
9You set a boundary that they may not pass,
so that they might not again cover the earth.

Perhaps, but you brought it up so here is an answer...

1. Fish can gradually become accustomed to a wide range of ambient salinities.
2. Some fish are an Euryhaline organism. They can live in both saltwater
(SW) and freshwater (FW). For example, the Cichlid fish Tilapia grahami is
found in SW but can maintain itself in FW.
Note: FW has 0 ppt (parts per thousand) of salinity and SW can be as high
as 35ppt of salinity. Most fish can tolerate a large range of this
salinity.
3. As the temperature of water increases a brackish water fish can live in
levels of almost no salinity. This could have occurred near a volcano.
4. Different individuals within the same species can have different salt
tolerances. This would have allowed the fish with the correct tolerance
to survive.
5. Antediluvian fish could have been more tolerant of saltwater that the
fishes of today. Micro evolutionary in salt tolerances could have changed
in the few thousand years since the flood.
6. Antediluvian seas were probably less saltier than todays seas.
A. Today = 35ppt of salt.
B. Prior to the flood the seas were about 20ppt of salt. The waters on
earth were 50% fresh and 50% salt. Unlike today where only a very small
fraction is fresh water.
During the flood if a complete mixture occurred the waters would be about
10ppt of salt. In reality you probably had a range of appr. 5-15 ppt of
salt.
7. The layers of FW to SW would have stratified in certain areas of the
globe. The fish could move up or down to adjust itself to the salt level.
8. During the flood sheltered cracks could have formed separating the
hi-saline water from the less saltier walter. This could have provided
protection for the fish and its fauna.
9. Only two of millions/billions?, a male and female of the same class
needed to survive the flood in order to repopulate the waters.

As you see all or some of the above if applied could have kept the classes
of fish alive during the Flood of Noah.

Yes it was. That was the purpose.

I would think they still had some food left over from the storage bins on the ark to carry them through for a while.
I would think the chickens and such were laying eggs...cows, goats gave milk and so on. So, no, I don't think they would have starved to death. Perhaps you could develop your narrative more to show your statement would be true.

Is there anything else you would like to address about Noahs flood or the ark?
There wouldn't have been ANYTHING to eat for the emerging animals....
The animals would have had to fend for themselves...
I'm sure that the chickens would have been snapped up fairly quickly.
 

RLT63

Well-Known Member
Apr 24, 2022
4,374
2,728
113
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Can you see the difference between the father and the son?
It's as plain as daylight to me.

I don't think that Jesus compares in any way to the God of the OT.

I don't think that Jesus would have condoned any of the warmongering. I don't think that Jesus would have commanded an army. I don't think that Jesus had a bad bone in his body.

From historical accounts I think that Jesus existed and died on the cross. I believe that Jesus cared about people, and I believe that Jesus died for nothing.

I also think that the legend lived on.. The stories were exaggerated over time and were cemented into folklore. Paul took the reins and basically created Christianity as we know it today.
I understand how you feel about the God of the Old Testament, there are many things that I don’t understand and I don’t think I could convince you to change your mind about that. But as far as Paul and the disciples would you be willing to die for something that wasn’t true?