Conversation with An Atheist

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
443
151
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Slavery has many nuances and it's not limited to the slavery of the 1700's in America.

Sometime biblical slavery is "indentured slavery'.....which has another context to it. There are those whop thunk every aspect of biblical slavery is the way it was in early America when the slaves were captured, delivered by boat, the people auctioned off then put to work.
However it's dressed up slavery is slavery and a useful commandment from God himself would have been useful to God himself.
In other words God's moral compass would be questioned less.
I'm not daft enough to think that slavery wouldn't exist, after all people break all of the commandments every day and always will.
 

Wrangler

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2021
21,871
9,619
113
57
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
However it's dressed up slavery is slavery and a useful commandment from God himself would have been useful to God himself.
In other words God's moral compass would be questioned less.
Slavery is not inherently immoral. That is just your morality that you’re trying to impose on your maker.

Historically, slavery was considered a mercy rather than slaughter those on the losing side of a battle. FYI, it wasn’t morality after 1,000’s of years but economics after the Industrial Revolution, the Capitalist learned that a free man with a profit motive outproduced a slave.
 
Last edited:

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
443
151
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Well, well, well....there you go, you're thinking out of the box now...chickens...the rodent population would have been increasing. Kinda yucky but for the carrion eaters re-exhumed carrion.
Of course the grasses would have began to grow...many animals like to munch out on grass.

See that!!! Think out of the box and your ark problems go away.

Oh, besides that, it appears the ark has been identified in the Mountains of Ararat.
I notice that this article is from Breaking Christian News haha.
Funnily enough I haven't seen this on the BBC news, or on any other reputable news outlets.
 

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,136
25,811
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I notice that this article is from Breaking Christian News haha.
Funnily enough I haven't seen this on the BBC news, or on any other reputable news outlets.

What news outlets do you (or other atheists) consider to be reputable?
 

Mancunian

Active Member
Aug 17, 2026
443
151
43
Cheshire
Faith
Atheist
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
What news outlets do you (or other atheists) consider to be reputable?
Plenty.
Breaking Christian News wouldn't be on that list though.
Obviously Nothing has been confirmed about the tunnels, the results are expected sometime in 2027.
Geologists are still skeptical.
 

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,136
25,811
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male

Please identify some of them by name. I’d like to look at the same outlets you consider reputable.

Breaking Christian News wouldn't be on that list though.
Obviously Nothing has been confirmed about the tunnels, the results are expected sometime in 2027.
Geologists are still skeptical.

I’ve seen reports about the current drilling on many news outlets, in the US and overseas press.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RLT63

TitusTwoWife

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 26, 2026
710
942
93
31
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
If God is perfectly moral and the commandments are perfectly moral, how can God break those commandments himself?
For the same reason it's better if I ruin a sand castle I made rather than someone else ruining it. If I'm the author, if you will, I reserve the right to also destroy what I created. God destroyed almost all of humanity in Genesis. He is the originator of life, He has the authority to also take it away.
I don't think that Jesus compares in any way to the God of the OT.
Revelation Jesus will come back and have a day of wrath on all His enemies that is very violent. The Father got Jonah to preach to Ninevah and they repented so they were spared judgement. Both God and Jesus have wrath and mercy.

God and Jesus in Scripture have multiple dimensions. He is both love and justice, mercy and wrath, authoritative and gentle.