Conversion after death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....but all men are "without excuse"

Excuse for what?

Buddah is a Title.

The man who assumed that Title, was born Approx 6 hundred years, Before Jesus was revealed.

That man, just as OT men, had an EXCUSE to not BELIEVE in Jesus, SINCE JESUS was not Revealed to them.

"All men are "WITHOUT EXCUSE" applies to men disbelieving God is the Creator of that which men CAN, experience with their senses, and Believe in their Hearts....and choose to deny it

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Buddha can convert after death, what makes you think Ghandi and so many other non-Christians can't?

You claiming Buddah converted after death...
You questioning "IF" Buddah converted after death...are simply opinions and wondering...
NOT Facts.

Sister Faustina Kowalska claims she was told by Jesus that at the moment when a spirit leaves the body, there is a final illumination and spiritual awakening and the soul is given understanding

and then the free option to accept or reject Christ.

I don't for a second believe ^ THAT.
The moment the soul (and spirit in some cases) leaves the body, the BODY IS DEAD.
Dead Bodies KNOW NOTHING.
That teaching is to say; Faith is not required...just wait until you physically/ bodily die and then "decide" AFTER BEING GIVEN Understanding...."IF" you want to believe. Eh, no.

I am 100% convinced that if Buddha met Christ they would see eye to eye.

See eye to eye ON WHAT exactly?

That God is the Creator and Christ the Lord Jesus the MAKER of SAVED men BY and Through the POWER of God?

Buddha preached a lot of what Christ preached with a different choice of words and extolled many of the same virtues.

Buddah was raised in boyhood, Sheltered from hardships. It was his discovery of hardships, disease, hunger that people experience that lead him on a journey in trying to discover HOW TO FIX this "problem" people of the world experience.

Not sure where you fit Buddah's compassion for other humans into Jesus' teaching, or Gods teaching, that ONE must believe IN God to Become Acceptable into Gods Kingdom.

I have no doubt that Buddha is in Heaven,

I have no knowledge that a man who has compassion for other men, IS the defining factor that thee Lord God Saves men.

which only leaves one option, he had a full conversion after death.

No, it does not leave only one option. God set the standard....Entering Gods Kingdom requires BELIEF in GOD....

If Buddha can have a conversion after death, what makes you think others can't??

No one has a Conversion AFTER physical Death.
It is the Physical Body of Flesh that is naturally born Against God.
IF that physical Body of Flesh DOES NOT, submit to God....BEFORE IT DIES....
And a DEAD BODY KNOWS NOTHING...
How then can that DEAD BODY speak up and say....OH, now I get it...I understand...I choose...blah blah?

You have a DEAD rotting corpse making decisions. Scripture does not teach that.

Glory to God,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While the body does become a dead rotting corpse after death, the soul and spirit are imperishable. But there are no conversions after death, since the unsaved dead go to Hades, and remain there until their final judgment. Those who are inc Chirst go to be with the Lord in Heaven.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claiming Buddah converted after death...
You questioning "IF" Buddah converted after death...are simply opinions and wondering...
NOT Facts.

I don't for a second believe ^ THAT.
The moment the soul (and spirit in some cases) leaves the body, the BODY IS DEAD.
Dead Bodies KNOW NOTHING.
That teaching is to say; Faith is not required...just wait until you physically/ bodily die and then "decide" AFTER BEING GIVEN Understanding...."IF" you want to believe. Eh, no.

See eye to eye ON WHAT exactly?

That God is the Creator and Christ the Lord Jesus the MAKER of SAVED men BY and Through the POWER of God?

Buddah was raised in boyhood, Sheltered from hardships. It was his discovery of hardships, disease, hunger that people experience that lead him on a journey in trying to discover HOW TO FIX this "problem" people of the world experience.

Not sure where you fit Buddah's compassion for other humans into Jesus' teaching, or Gods teaching, that ONE must believe IN God to Become Acceptable into Gods Kingdom.

I have no knowledge that a man who has compassion for other men, IS the defining factor that thee Lord God Saves men.

No, it does not leave only one option. God set the standard....Entering Gods Kingdom requires BELIEF in GOD....

No one has a Conversion AFTER physical Death.
It is the Physical Body of Flesh that is naturally born Against God.
IF that physical Body of Flesh DOES NOT, submit to God....BEFORE IT DIES....
And a DEAD BODY KNOWS NOTHING...
How then can that DEAD BODY speak up and say....OH, now I get it...I understand...I choose...blah blah?

Glory to God,
Taken

Yes'...it is appointed for men to die once, and then the judgement' (para.) And there are the three truths as to Jesus
Thee Way
Thee Truth
Thee Life
ONE WAY ONLY...Jesus Thee Christ!
So many just want to be their own gods on this earth. Create their own god's who stroke their flesh and bring them into much delusion.
"BODY IS DEAD.
Dead Bodies KNOW NOTHING."
Amen! Once our breath of life leaves us, and returns to God...yep, our bodies are dead and know nothing. ONE WAY TO GOD ONLY! ♥

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the body does become a dead rotting corpse after death,

Here we agree.

the soul and spirit are imperishable.

Here ^ Depends on the Facts.

I believe the BODY, is a vessel, and it's LIFE is it's BLOOD. Once the BODY physically dies, never again does the BLOOD flow in that BODY.

I believe the SOUL, is a vessel, and it's LIFE is Gods "BREATH".
I believe ALL SOULS are made BY God and BELONG to GOD, and are IDENTIFIED by the SAME NAME, as a mans BODY.
I believe God IMPARTS LIFE from God, INTO THE SOUL, and IMPARTS the "live/living soul" INTO A MANS BODY.
Then a man, is called a body, and a soul, By Names men name them.

Upon DEATH of the BODY, the Living soul DEPARTS the dying body, AND that Living SOUL, goes to where God sends it .... TO WAIT.
Some souls WAIT in Hell, separated from God, Some souls WAIT in Heaven, with God...
WAITING...until the day their DEAD BODY is Resurrected.

I believe the HEART is a vessel.
I believe the SPIRIT of man, (is NOT a floating about ghost like figure)...BUT IS simply a mans TRUTH...(not in his Mind)...but rather IN HIS HEART.

A Natural man, possess a Natural Truth. Whatever the man Knows, Believes as Absolute TRUTH, that is His Natural Spirit.

WHEN a man Becomes "Converted" IN Christ....
1) that Living Soul, hanging out in a corrupt body, BECOMES Restored, as it was NOT corrupt when First Imparted into a man.

^ THAT is a soul that is IMPERISHIBLE.

(Souls that HAVE NOT become Restored / Saved .... SHALL have Gods LIFE (breath) departed out of the soul, and the soul DeSTROYED) <--- Judgement Day,
[Perishable).

2) that Natural Heart having been the Vessel for a Natural mans, Natural truth...BECOMES Circumcised...CUT OFF...replaced with a NEW Heart...a Spiritual Heart...now prepared to RECEIVE Spiritual TRUTH.
The Spiritual TRUTH, to BE Born IN A MAN, requires a SPIRITUAL SEED.
That is WHAT the Entering of the HS ... within a man, PLANTS in the mans NEW HEART...
Gods Spiritual SEED.
What springs forth, and IS BORN, IS a NEW spirit, with a NEW Truth, in a NEW Heart.

^ THAT is a spirit that is IMPERISHIBLE.

(Spirits of man, that have NOT been Made Born Again, remain a natural spirit, and DIE with the FLESH BODY and ROT back to Dust)

But there are no conversions after death, since the unsaved dead go to Hades, and remain there until their final judgment. Those who are inc Chirst go to be with the Lord in Heaven.

Correct.
the Confusion comes when men DO NOT comprehend man is 3 parts of 1 man.
Body, Soul, Spirit...
The body, soul, spirit come to a man at different times...
9 months to form the body.
Become separated from the womb, the mothers blood.
Now an individual with its OWN blood functioning.
Gods breath giving the body Life from God.
And for some, receiving Gods Seed, giving the man Life from Gods Spirit.

And when the BODY dies...as all bodies are Required to DIE, as God Requires the LIFE/the Blood Life of all men....

The Living soul is still living..
And a spirit that received Gods Seed, is still Living...

The confusion.....MENS BODIES do not go to heaven....Souls and Spirits go to heaven...(dependant) upon if they are restored, saved, born again.

And all three...body, soul, spirit are references to .... The MAN....called The MAN...called by his NAME.

Confusing to explain...Easy to Understand.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes'...it is appointed for men to die once, and then the judgement' (para.) And there are the three truths as to Jesus
Thee Way
Thee Truth
Thee Life
ONE WAY ONLY...Jesus Thee Christ!
So many just want to be their own gods on this earth. Create their own god's who stroke their flesh and bring them into much delusion.
"BODY IS DEAD.
Dead Bodies KNOW NOTHING."
Amen! Once our breath of life leaves us, and returns to God...yep, our bodies are dead and know nothing. ONE WAY TO GOD ONLY! ♥

YES!
And in the OT, the NAME of Gods WORD, (being JESUS), was NOT KNOWN, YET STILL, belief and trust and a man choosing to Commit to Gods WORD, "was KNOWN".

Jesus, the WORD of God, didn't BEGIN, simply because He was REVEALED to men for men to SEE.
Jesus, the WORD of God, The Lord, The Christ, The Truth, The Life, The Way, The Savior, The Quickening Spirit, is the Same, yesterday, today and for ever.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES!
And in the OT, the NAME of Gods WORD, (being JESUS), was NOT KNOWN, YET STILL, belief and trust and a man choosing to Commit to Gods WORD, "was KNOWN".

Jesus, the WORD of God, didn't BEGIN, simply because He was REVEALED to men for men to SEE.
Jesus, the WORD of God, The Lord, The Christ, The Truth, The Life, The Way, The Savior, The Quickening Spirit, is the Same, yesterday, today and for ever.

Glory to God,
Taken
"the Same, yesterday, today and for ever."
That is such a comforting truth ♥
Hi IS The Great I AM. NO, they did not know the name of The Word-"Jesus". But they did look forward to their Messiah! Belief and trust are no different, in God's view.. B.C. or A.D. ♥ And since we cannot please Him without faith... :)

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the Same, yesterday, today and for ever."
That is such a comforting truth ♥
Hi IS The Great I AM. NO, they did not know the name of The Word-"Jesus". But they did look forward to their Messiah! Belief and trust are no different, in God's view.. B.C. or A.D. ♥ And since we cannot please Him without faith... :)

Amen!
God Bless,
Taken

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse for what?

Buddah is a Title.

The man who assumed that Title, was born Approx 6 hundred years, Before Jesus was revealed.

That man, just as OT men, had an EXCUSE to not BELIEVE in Jesus, SINCE JESUS was not Revealed to them.

"All men are "WITHOUT EXCUSE" applies to men disbelieving God is the Creator of that which men CAN, experience with their senses, and Believe in their Hearts....and choose to deny it

Glory to God,
Taken

No...that's not it at all.

19 For what may be known about God is plain to them,
because God has made it plain to them.
20 For since the creation of the world
God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly
seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pfft. :eek:
Denial is not an excuse, regardless of how it is said.
Glory to God,
Taken

Scripture is usually correct.

God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is usually correct.

I would reiterate Scripture is always correct.
And I already said; men are without excuse to not believe.

You disagreed with me.

And now you are trying to convince me of what I already said I agreed with? LOL

Glory to God,
Taken

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would reiterate Scripture is always correct.
And I already said; men are without excuse to not believe.

You disagreed with me.

And now you are trying to convince me of what I already said I agreed with? LOL

Glory to God,
Taken
So that was an easy sell then.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here ^ Depends on the Facts.
No, there is nothing that changes THE FACT that souls and spirits are imperishable. When people died before the resurrection of Christ, their bodies went into their graves, but their souls and spirit (the person himself) went to Sheol/Hades. There the righteous dead were separate from the unrighteous dead. Luke 16. But after the resurrection of Christ, the righteous dead (the saints) go to be with the Lord in Heaven.

Reactions: Stan B

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, there is nothing that changes THE FACT that souls and spirits are imperishable.
I would say, souls were made by God and many souls shall have (Life from Gods Breath departed out the their souls), and those souls destroyed, along with their bodies.

Spiritual Spirits, I would agree, are Imperishable.

However a natural spirit of man, which is simply his truth in his heart, that Can be destroyed along with his natural body.

If we had NOT a natural spirit...how could we have a "Born again Spirit", one never subject to Death, but Alive forever as Jesus taught?

Angels ARE Spirits, and not Subject to Death.
A Quickened Spirit of man, born of Gods SEED, is not Subject to Death.

When people died before the resurrection of Christ, their bodies went into their graves,

Agree.

but their souls and spirit (the person himself) went to Sheol/Hades.

Not sure what you mean...(the person themselves)...
I think the whole of a man IS body, soul, spirit.

There the righteous dead were separate from the unrighteous dead. Luke 16. But after the resurrection of Christ, the righteous dead (the saints) go to be with the Lord in Heaven.

Agree there was a separation.
Also Jesus is First in ALL things.
None could leave (hades, hell) whichever language is ones preference...until Jesus entered and then Left.

Glory to God,
Taken