Cook off

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
This is rich. The atheist/agnostic ask for proof and evidence. Then when it is given, they reject it. It could be something else. If a doctor prescribes pills and surgery or whatever, and the person is healed, the atheist recognizes the person was healed by the profession of the doctors, and science.

But, if a believer prays and is healed, the prayer of faith did not heal him. God did not heal him. Something else must have.

The unbeliever does not care if there is evidence. There will never be enough evidence. They simply don't want God and use evidence and proof as a way to prop up their unbelief.

(2 Cor. 2:16)

Stranger
No evidence has actually been presented, unless I've missed something.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And you don't think there's any possible way that her ear self corrected itself?

I can't remember the reason for her deafness, but it was long-standing and not something that was expected to "self-correct". And for a spontaneous healing to coincide with the prayer for it would be quite a coincidence.

Reactions: Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No evidence has actually been presented, unless I've missed something.

You didn't miss something. You ignored something. Prayer was given. The ear was healed.

Where is the evidence that it was 'self-healing'? You see? You atheists and agnostics who come crying for proof and evidence are liars because you are not looking for proof or evidence. You're like the child that keeps saying why to every answer given. So no matter who is healed by God, no matter the evidence or proof, you will never admit it was by God. It could always be something else in your mind.

Stranger

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
About 30 years ago, when I was a member of a charismatic church, I remember a young woman (who had been deaf in one ear) showing us the audiogram that documented her healing.
I am not denying this happened. But evidence that can be used for other gods is not evidence for a god. What I mean by this is Muslims make these same claims about their god. How do I determine without further evidence if the Christian god is real or the Muslim god is real based on this same claim/evidence?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You didn't miss something. You ignored something. Prayer was given. The ear was healed.

Where is the evidence that it was 'self-healing'? You see? You atheists and agnostics who come crying for proof and evidence are liars because you are not looking for proof or evidence. You're like the child that keeps saying why to every answer given. So no matter who is healed by God, no matter the evidence or proof, you will never admit it was by God. It could always be something else in your mind.

Stranger
Explain to me Stranger, what constitutes as evidence?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I can't remember the reason for her deafness, but it was long-standing and not something that was expected to "self-correct". And for a spontaneous healing to coincide with the prayer for it would be quite a coincidence.
Well Deborah, we are hearing second hand information from one source. The only evidence that's here is called "Testimony"

The Bible actually outlines such thing's.

John 8:17 17In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well Deborah, we are hearing second hand information from one source. The only evidence that's here is called "Testimony"

The Bible actually outlines such thing's.

John 8:17 17In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true.

And on a forum like this, that's all you will get. We had two witnesses: her testimony, and the audiograms before and after.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it is mentioned that Jesus (Who is the almighty) couldn't seem to release his power due to a faith mix up.

Wait....Why are you calling JESUS, the almighty?

Glory to God,
Taken

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not denying this happened. But evidence that can be used for other gods is not evidence for a god. What I mean by this is Muslims make these same claims about their god. How do I determine without further evidence if the Christian god is real or the Muslim god is real based on this same claim/evidence?

I wasn't submitting this as evidence for God's existence. This is a different thread. You asked me for an example of a genuine (non-psychosomatic) healing, and I've given you one. But you have no way of even checking that I'm telling the truth - for all you know, I might have made the whole story up. To be honest, I'm surprised that you accept my testimony as evidence when you won't accept the testimony of the gospels.

Reactions: Dave L

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
And on a forum like this, that's all you will get. We had two witnesses: her testimony, and the audiograms before and after.
I've not examined such audiograms, have I? So basically it's just your testimony. That's only one witness to the case.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Wait....Why are you calling JESUS, the almighty?

Glory to God,
Taken
Well he's most likely a God by now. How long has it been since the real space time Jesus departed here? A very long long time ago. Yes, if he ran the gauntlet of life correctly, he'd be a God.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I wasn't submitting this as evidence for God's existence. This is a different thread. You asked me for an example of a genuine (non-psychosomatic) healing, and I've given you one. But you have no way of even checking that I'm telling the truth - for all you know, I might have made the whole story up. To be honest, I'm surprised that you accept my testimony as evidence when you won't accept the testimony of the gospels.
I accept it as a claim and evidence but it is not sufficient to believe it was a miracle based on the evidence provided because the cause cannot be verified. How would we verify it as an act of god? If this happened, how can we differentiate this "miracle" from a sufficiently advanced technology that we don't understand?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well he's most likely a God by now. How long has it been since the real space time Jesus departed here? A very long long time ago. Yes, if he ran the gauntlet of life correctly, he'd be a God.

I only asked why you called Jesus the Almighty.

Many Things ABOUT Jesus were NOT announced at His Arrivial On Earth.

Scriptures reveal;
Jesus came out from God, down to earth, entered Mary's Womb, was revealed coming forth from Mary's Womb, in the likeness as a man, in a body prepared of God, that Jesus took upon himself, and that body was in the likeness of a faithful servant, and seen among men.

Nothing indicates that Jesus came to Earth, WITH His Power.

What is revealed is bit by bit He taught His disciples of God, and Identified the Heavenly God as "HIS" personal father.

And bit by bit, Jesus' Healing Power is revealed BY Jesus' ACTIONS, that earthly men could Observe. And further, MEN, who observed the healings, talked amongst themselves, and told other MEN, who did not Observe Jesus' healings.

IF you did not SEE Jesus, and you not not Observe Jesus' Actions of HEALING men of infirmaries ..... WHY are you trusting other mens testimonies, Calling Jesus the Almighty....when you do not have First hand knowledge ?

Glory to God,
Taken

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I only asked why you called Jesus the Almighty.

Many Things ABOUT Jesus were NOT announced at His Arrivial On Earth.

Scriptures reveal;
Jesus came out from God, down to earth, entered Mary's Womb, was revealed coming forth from Mary's Womb, in the likeness as a man, in a body prepared of God, that Jesus took upon himself, and that body was in the likeness of a faithful servant, and seen among men.

Nothing indicates that Jesus came to Earth, WITH His Power.

What is revealed is bit by bit He taught His disciples of God, and Identified the Heavenly God as "HIS" personal father.

And bit by bit, Jesus' Healing Power is revealed BY Jesus' ACTIONS, that earthly men could Observe. And further, MEN, who observed the healings, talked amongst themselves, and told other MEN, who did not Observe Jesus' healings.

IF you did not SEE Jesus, and you not not Observe Jesus' Actions of HEALING men of infirmaries ..... WHY are you trusting other mens testimonies, Calling Jesus the Almighty....when you do not have First hand knowledge ?

Glory to God,
Taken
I've also seen the father, I've been above, but not come from above.

There was no one there, just an endless landscape of light. Looks like the matrix loading program, do you remember the one Neo & Morpheus were walking around.

Although this place is not a loading program, it might be a docking station for new arrivals.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Deborah...you could say that you had God as your witness :D

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hi Deborah...you could say that you had God as your witness :D
Okay I've got to ask this to you, and any other Christian.

Are you insane?

Do you know how you sound, when you make comments like that?

Why is it that everytime a Christian gets confronted by a argument that requires them to check their facts, they pull God out of a hat as if to dazzle the crowd of unbelievers.

Look children it was God all along, see how he fits into everything I don't want to face.

Oi.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I've got to ask this to you, and any other Christian.

Are you insane?

Do you know how you sound, when you make comments like that?

Why is it that everytime a Christian gets confronted by a argument that requires them to check their facts, they pull God out of a hat as if to dazzle the crowd of unbelievers.

Look children it was God all along, see how he fits into everything I don't want to face.

Oi.

Don't getcher jock strap in a bunch JJ! Did you not see my "laugh" emoticon after saying that?? It was meant to be a funny. Hmm, I guess it wasn't that funny :rolleyes: