Cook off

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually Deborah, depending solely on testimony is the most unreliable way to build a strong case.

I was asked to relate an example from my experience. What did you expect? This is an internet forum. What else could my answer be, other than testimony? Take it or leave it, but don't complain about getting what you asked for.

But if testimony is so "unreliable", why do law courts spend so much time listening to it? Forensic confirmation is nice to have, but forensics aren't infallible either. And cameras can also lie.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've also seen the father, I've been above, but not come from above.

There was no one there, just an endless landscape of light. Looks like the matrix loading program, do you remember the one Neo & Morpheus were walking around.

Although this place is not a loading program, it might be a docking station for new arrivals.

I take God and Christ and Scripture seriously. Your Mocking is typical of ONE whose intent is playing circular nonsense.

Glory to God,
Taken

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was asked to relate an example from my experience. What did you expect? This is an internet forum. What else could my answer be, other than testimony? Take it or leave it, but don't complain about getting what you asked for.

But if testimony is so "unreliable", why do law courts spend so much time listening to it? Forensic confirmation is nice to have, but forensics aren't infallible either. And cameras can also lie.
I've not met one Christian who's shown a body of evidence to support their beliefs, ever.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've not met one Christian who's shown a body of evidence to support their beliefs, ever.

I've met many people who testify their beliefs are realized when they ask the Lord for something particular and the something comes to them.

"THEY" attribute that as "THEIR" own evidence.

Because you say you have MET no one who has shown you their own evidence...
I would rather presume you have MET people who have had their own experiences, but find it a Waste of Their time to share their experience with you....

Just saying, it only takes ONCE for a person to share personal experiences with an unbeliever to know what a exhaustive waste of time and effort it is.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Deborah_

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain to me Stranger, what constitutes as evidence?

You're the one asking for proof and evidence. Why do you not ask for proof or evidence of 'self healing'? Why do you entertain that it could be self healing and not God?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We don't need to. We declare what we know to be true. You don't have to believe it. We have done our part.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I've got to ask this to you, and any other Christian.

Are you insane?

Do you know how you sound, when you make comments like that?

Why is it that everytime a Christian gets confronted by a argument that requires them to check their facts, they pull God out of a hat as if to dazzle the crowd of unbelievers.

Look children it was God all along, see how he fits into everything I don't want to face.

Oi.

No, we are children of God. Of course it sounds insane to you as you are not a child of God. Thus our source of life and testimony is God, and Christ, and the Holy Spirit, and the written Word of God. These are real in our lives. They are not real to you.

Stranger

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You're the one asking for proof and evidence. Why do you not ask for proof or evidence of 'self healing'? Why do you entertain that it could be self healing and not God?

Stranger
Why? Well, it is God that heals us all from anything and everything that effects us. I mean, I never made myself capable of any type of healing. For healing is possible because God made it possible from the beginning, you see? But what the grand desiger made possible, was that our way to health, healing and a sound mind is and always has been right here all the time.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No, we are children of God. Of course it sounds insane to you as you are not a child of God. Thus our source of life and testimony is God, and Christ, and the Holy Spirit, and the written Word of God. These are real in our lives. They are not real to you.

Stranger
They are real because you believe them to be real stranger, no?

If what all Christians believed in their mind's was actually real, and absolutely unquestionably evident as they believe, then wouldn't the whole world be united in only one faith alone?

Reactions: Vince

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The proof is in the pudding.

You can't all believe in different thing's about the same God if he is actually real.

In English is this a capital

T

Is it absolutely a

T

Do you all agree it's a

T

Do you need to believe it's a

T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? Well, it is God that heals us all from anything and everything that effects us. I mean, I never made myself capable of any type of healing. For healing is possible because God made it possible from the beginning, you see? But what the grand desiger made possible, was that our way to health, healing and a sound mind is and always has been right here all the time.

Whaaaat? Where is your proof and evidence that it is God that heals us all?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are real because you believe them to be real stranger, no?

If what all Christians believed in their mind's was actually real, and absolutely unquestionably evident as they believe, then wouldn't the whole world be united in only one faith alone?

No, they are real. We believe and have faith in Christ, then our experience with God and Christ is real.

Faith in God and Christ is all that God requires for one to be born-again and a child of God. After that, we can differ in many areas as we learn. But our faith opened the door for a whole new life and experience.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The proof is in the pudding.

You can't all believe in different thing's about the same God if he is actually real.

In English is this a capital

T

Is it absolutely a

T

Do you all agree it's a

T

Do you need to believe it's a

T

Stupid analogy. As I said, our faith in Christ as the Son of God and Saviour is all that is required for us to enter into our new eternal life. After that we can differ in many areas.

Stranger

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Whaaaat? Where is your proof and evidence that it is God that heals us all?

Stranger
The naturalistic processes of healing life's units in this reality is evident, does not your skin heal if it suffers a cut? This obviously is observable phenomena, it is apart of the design of our bodies.

Did you create your own body?

No.

Then you are not the healer of yourself.

Life is.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The naturalistic processes of healing life's units in this reality is evident, does not your skin heal if it suffers a cut? This obviously is observable phenomena, it is apart of the design of our bodies.

Did you create your own body?

No.

Then you are not the healer of yourself.

Life is.

You said God heals us all. Where is your evidence and proof?

And, by the way, your body will not heal hearing loss. What now?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What now? Well, I'm going to go burn a Bible outside my house.

Go ahead. Burn several of them. Is that supposed to upset me? You're just reflecting your nature. And guess what? I still have a Bible.

See, you're not looking for evidence or proof of God. And when your arguments against the Christians faith fail, what do you do? You burn a Bible. Instead of acknowledging that must be God, you would rather burn the Bible.

You atheists and agnostics are so typical. Liars and hypocrites.

Stranger