Coping With Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that we all have a free will. But I don't want to blame God for some of the stupid mistakes that I have made.
Hey Robert:

Can I be so bold as to make a suggestion to a 'dying' man who knows the savior, lord Jesus, the Christ of God, for us?

On a daily basis, as a habit, when you are ready, find a time period every day to get into a quiet place with yourself, and away from external distractions.

Speak with our God daily, with thoughts and words as your very own, drawn from a deep humble and open, sincere heart. Allow your own will to become very small and make it God's will only, you as one with him. Let him take charge. Ask him to allow his Son's spirit to lead you and comfort you for the rest of your physical life into constant peace and love in preparation for you return home.

Forget this world as I have done many years ago. Do not consider this world anymore, only desire the comfort of the Son of God to one day bring you home.

If you experience real spiritual uplifting by doing this daily habit of prayer, of a real change, then, the presence of the Son's spirit is certainly within you. You are already home Robert. And time in this life is just a time bump in the road on this passing earth.

Once you forget this time in this Hospice and your reflection on your life time and experiences of the past, you will feel this grudging burden fade away into real peace and spiritual power.

Dwell on Christ rather than self and this world Robert. And I will continue to pray to be and do the same.

Bless you

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed:
Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

All we have are two choices. One is good and the other is not. That is free will.
Anything contrary to GOD , HISWORD and words is the WRONG and deadly choice to make .
My simple advice is , IF GOD SAID IT BELIEVE IT . if we BELIEVE GOD we would have believed JESUS CHRIST .
IF we claim we believe in JESUS CHRIST we would have BELIEVED HIS WORDS .
TRUTH COMETH FROM GOD . HIS WORDS are TRUTH . i GURANTEE IT . THUS
why do so many pick and choose , twist and or omit THEM WORDS . cause they do it UNTO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION .
and the reason to the why many do as they do . IS CAUSE MANY STILL LOVE THIER SIN . and want no part
of the LIGHT , OF THE TRUTH , OF THE GOD and OF HIS CHRIST that exposes THEIR SIN . AND THAT BE A FACT my friend .
that is why many now run to an all inclusive sin accepting jesus
that is why many run so fast to whatever religion it is they desire to sit under .
Many often wonder why it is that so many divisions even occured
why so many can sit under a calvin for example or why another can sit under a jospeh smith
or the RCC or etc .
And worse , now many are believing the grand lie . the lie which shall unite the false of every denomination
of christendom as well as the other relgions .
BUT WHY is that . MANY LOVE A LIE amadues , a lie that let them feel accepted in whatever sin they loved .
AND that too be a fact .
MANY LOVE A LIE . yet believe it to be OF GOD and of HIS LOVE . but its love has always done
the same thing . IT FED THEIR OWN lustful hearts desire and gave them the idea of salvation AS IS .
THE DEVIL NEVER GONNA STOP DECIEVING till the day OF THE LORD when HE be cast away .
GOD WILL BE THE JUDGE , HIS WORD SHALL BE THE JUDGE and shall JUDGE ALL that cast aside THE TRUTH
which could have saved them .
I was told many years ago that UNDER the delusion that all the false would unite as one .
AND IT has BEEN CONFIRMED as i watch mormons , rcc , many within christendom and the other relgions and atheist
and all merge as one UNDER THAT which they think is LOVE and or OF GOD . IT AINT LOOKING GOOD my friend

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Robert:

Can I be so bold as to make a suggestion to a 'dying' man who knows the savior, lord Jesus, the Christ of God, for us?

On a daily basis, as a habit, when you are ready, find a time period every day to get into a quiet place with yourself, and away from external distractions.

Speak with our God daily, with thoughts and words as your very own, drawn from a deep humble and open, sincere heart. Allow your own will to become very small and make it God's will only, you as one with him. Let him take charge. Ask him to allow his Son's spirit to lead you and comfort you for the rest of your physical life into constant peace and love in preparation for you return home.

Forget this world as I have done many years ago. Do not consider this world anymore, only desire the comfort of the Son of God to one day bring you home.

If you experience real spiritual uplifting by doing this daily habit of prayer, of a real change, then, the presence of the Son's spirit is certainly within you. You are already home Robert. And time in this life is just a time bump in the road on this passing earth.

Once you forget this time in this Hospice and your reflection on your life time and experiences of the past, you will feel this grudging burden fade away into real peace and spiritual power.

Dwell on Christ rather than self and this world Robert. And I will continue to pray to be and do the same.

Bless you

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Robert:

Bless you
That is all good advice and I try to do those things, but I am flesh and blood and the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other so that I cannot do the things that I would, Galatians 5:17.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all good advice and I try to do those things, but I am flesh and blood and the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other so that I cannot do the things that I would, Galatians 5:17.
Not to press, although you might want to muster faith and exercise your heart and mind into these types of prayer sessions and give it a try. And if faith is what you are lacking, I would pray about that first. What have you got to lose mate?... nothing.. and much to gain

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same One who said that said also, as the outer man wastes away, the inner man is being renewed. He is trustworthy to see us all the way through.

I don't have any confidence in myself, to hold on, to overcome, to endure what must be endured. So I cling to Him Who has promised me that He will take care of me, because He loves me.

God is the Rock of Ages, cling to Him, that sure and steadfast anchor, which holds within the veil.

Much love, and prayer!!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am right about the Holy Spirit, you will be resurrected within two years.

I will pray that your spirit, may not be obscured - in what you are going through.
This is a new experience for me. I have had some close calls with death, but now it has caught up with me.

Reactions: Lambano

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same One who said that said also, as the outer man wastes away, the inner man is being renewed. He is trustworthy to see us all the way through.

I don't have any confidence in myself, to hold on, to overcome, to endure what must be endured. So I cling to Him Who has promised me that He will take care of me, because He loves me.

God is the Rock of Ages, cling to Him, that sure and steadfast anchor, which holds within the veil.

Much love, and prayer!!
but the question that is being begged to be asked is , ARE we TRULY clinging to and trusting IN JESUS CHRIST
who also reminded as did the apostels , TO CONTINUE IN HIM to the end . Many rather be trusting
in something that came of men , NOT of GOD .
Let us put our TRUST IN JESUS CHRIST and not in an acroymn of men but , IN JESUS CHRIST .
TRUSTING all things including all warnings and reminders that BOTH HE and the apostels would teach .
SPIRIT INSPIRED are those letters and them letters had some warnings to the churches
reminding the churches about HAVING TO CONTINUE IN HIM to the end . SO lets not omit them warnings .

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, I think that it is good for Christians to know what death is like. I am still trying to let go.

I don't think having difficuly letting go is unreasonable. This life is all we have ever known. It's hard to let go of the known and plunge headlong into the unknown. I'm also a believer and secure in my salvation, but I haven't gotten to the point where I am not trepidatious about dying. There is fear in the unknown. True, we know where we are going, but we haven't been through the process. Perhaps when all is said and done and we are on the other side, all our fears will have seemed silly. We've only seen one side of death and the pain and sorrow it leaves behind for the living. But as Paul said, to die is to gain. I recall a story about a person who was dying in the hospital. He asked what dying would be like. The other man took off his jacket and said, "It will be as easy as taking off a jacket." We are afraid of dying, but dying is easy; it's living in this fallen world that's hard.

Reactions: marks

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think having difficuly letting go is unreasonable. This life is all we have ever known. It's hard to let go of the known and plunge headlong into the unknown. I'm also a believer and secure in my salvation, but I haven't gotten to the point where I am not trepidatious about dying. There is fear in the unknown. True, we know where we are going, but we haven't been through the process. Perhaps when all is said and done and we are on the other side, all our fears will have seemed silly. We've only seen one side of death and the pain and sorrow it leaves behind for the living. But as Paul said, to die is to gain. I recall a story about a person who was dying in the hospital. He asked what dying would be like. The other man took off his jacket and said, "It will be as easy as taking off a jacket." We are afraid of dying, but dying is easy; it's living in this fallen world that's hard.
I wish that it was as easy as taking your jacket off. Trouble with that is there would be mass suicides. What I am going through is very natural, We are not supposed to know to much about death. What is in the other side? no one really knows. This is where our faith helps. Jesus said that he would never leave us or forsake us. I believe that Jesus is with me in my death.