Coping With Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good, but I would rather have this cup pass from me like Jesus prayed.

I don't have a choice, but I am trying to let go.
When JOB learned of his fault and repented did he not recover .
You are very used to pre planning . But if you simply learn to live day by day what beauty could entail .
The sooner we learn to be CONTENT in all circumstances , what a beauty arises . For our trust has been totally stripped
from us , from the world , and placed SOLEY upon GOD to whom it belongs .
As far as cup being passed , are you talking about having to die or what ...

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See the following thread for Willie T a member here who died in June of 2020... His last post was in May, but one of the members in touch with his wife after he passed on.
my friend is one of the oldest ones on the site . But age is but a number and our days are as but dust in the wind my friend .
The only thing that ever mattered or will have mattered IN THIS LIFE is , DID WE KNOW JESUS CHRIST
did we truly come to saving FAITH IN HIM . For no matter if a man lives a thousand years twice told
what did it matter if he knew not CHRIST JESUS . If a man lived but twenty years and knew JESUS
i tell us all that one knew all HE NEEDED and will arise in paradise with the KING at his end .
THIS LIFE is but a vapor . IT REALLY IS amadeus . the older i get the more i realize that too .
Think about all them generations in times past . THEY ALL were just like us once . IN the land of the living
and yet all are gone now . THIS LIFE appears but for a while and then is gone . BUT ETERNAL LIFE . NOW THAT
BE THE KEY . and THAT ETERNAL LIFE i speak about , WILL NEVER BE FOUND IN ANY OTHER RELIGOIN or BELIEF
no matter what they did ........BUT IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE . HE WONT BE DENIED my friend .
AND THUS i refuse to preach a love , a religoin a mindset which DOES DENY HIM and tries to rather
teach a false love way and road to GOD . THAT ROAD ENDS IN DESTRUCTION . . FAITH IN JESUS PARADISE WITH THE KING .
I already KNOW WHICH ONE I Want . AND I ALREADY by that same grace KNOW THE ONLY ONE TO POINT TOO to atain it .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When JOB learned of his fault and repented did he not recover .
You are very used to pre planning . But if you simply learn to live day by day what beauty could entail .
The sooner we learn to be CONTENT in all circumstances , what a beauty arises . For our trust has been totally stripped
from us , from the world , and placed SOLEY upon GOD to whom it belongs .
As far as cup being passed , are you talking about having to die or what ...
I am not going to recover. Jesus asked the Father if the cup of death and suffering could pass from him.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to recover. Jesus asked the Father if the cup of death and suffering could pass from him.
JESUS had to drink of that cup . IF not , man was doomed .
You might be thinking and believing you are gonna die and thus that is your cup .
BUT remember this well < who TOLD you , you were gonna die , doctors , men , OR GOD .
You dont know . Hezzekiah was healed . Maybe you will , but maybe you wont .
You dont KNOW one way or the other . BUT GOD KNOWS . HE ALWAYS KNOWS .
And i know it might look bleak my friend . maybe your time is up , but maybe IT AINT .
GOD knows . EITHER way , just point to JESUS CHRIST till the last breath my friend .
You know what else . WHAT IF JESUS does return , and i mean WAY SOONER than most realize .
Then it means you would be caught up . so we dont know my friend . WE just dont know .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my friend is one of the oldest ones on the site . But age is but a number and our days are as but dust in the wind my friend .
The only thing that ever mattered or will have mattered IN THIS LIFE is , DID WE KNOW JESUS CHRIST
did we truly come to saving FAITH IN HIM . For no matter if a man lives a thousand years twice told
what did it matter if he knew not CHRIST JESUS . If a man lived but twenty years and knew JESUS
i tell us all that one knew all HE NEEDED and will arise in paradise with the KING at his end .
THIS LIFE is but a vapor . IT REALLY IS amadeus . the older i get the more i realize that too .
Think about all them generations in times past . THEY ALL were just like us once . IN the land of the living
and yet all are gone now . THIS LIFE appears but for a while and then is gone . BUT ETERNAL LIFE . NOW THAT
BE THE KEY . and THAT ETERNAL LIFE i speak about , WILL NEVER BE FOUND IN ANY OTHER RELIGOIN or BELIEF
no matter what they did ........BUT IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE . HE WONT BE DENIED my friend .
AND THUS i refuse to preach a love , a religoin a mindset which DOES DENY HIM and tries to rather
teach a false love way and road to GOD . THAT ROAD ENDS IN DESTRUCTION . . FAITH IN JESUS PARADISE WITH THE KING .
I already KNOW WHICH ONE I Want . AND I ALREADY by that same grace KNOW THE ONLY ONE TO POINT TOO to atain it .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .
Wise words my friend, but the number who are able to hear seems to be in decline from what I see in the world around me. Of course, I do not get out much anymore.

I went with my wife today to Hobby Lobby and just wanted to look around while she picked up a few things. Alas, they had no chairs or benches of any kind and I had to return to our car to sit down. The physical old man is diminishing. But... we know someone who is not diminishing at all. He is still calling out to anyone who listening. Our hope cannot be in this world!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Robert ~
I am sorry for your condition and feelings that are troubling you.
While I only know you as a brother in Christ, and certainly will pray for your ease and comfort…
Perhaps you would be up to sharing some reminiscing happy times in your life you can recall.

God Bless you.
Taken

Reactions: amadeus and Lambano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a Christian and death is inevitable, then Jesus becomes more of a reality in our lives.
This is what I believe, from my past experiences. The greater the suffering the more I realized God's presence, and His love. And I've come to believe that the darker and more difficult life becomes, to those who know the Lord, the greater His grace is in us, to carry us through.

After my sister died a few years ago, my brother found a letter to me in her things. She wrote to me, "I never really understood the love of God until I was dying of cancer." Some things seem to defy explanation until you are actually there, I think, but I trust in God, and I know you do also.

Much love!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am on hospice care because I have cancer. I think that I will be gone within a couple of months. I had a massive heart attack a few years ago, but I seem to have recovered from that. I am not sure what I am going to die from or when I am going to die. I have tried to pin down the hospice nurses as to when I am going to die, but they won't give me an answer. I don't like the idea of not knowing when I will die. No one wants to talk about it. I have always been in control of things. When I had my own business, I ran a very tight ship. I was always in control. But now I don't have control of anything, this is very disturbing. This is the worst part of being on hospice care, you have no control.
Hug

Maybe God is giving you this test so that you learn to let go of your impulse to control things.

"Let go and let God..."

When I do that, consciously choose to relax and follow God's leading, it is fascinating to see how every experience moment to moment provides an opportunity for the next one.

Like, laying down stepping stones. Something happens and then the next thing I know I find myself noticing,having arrived to that very moment, I'm in the right place for something else to occur.

Example. I was restocking merch today before clocking out in my last 15 minutes.
I soooo wanted to leave early but having the early release approved by my manager, I couldn't leave sooner in those 15 minutes because the electronic time clock doesn't clock us out according to that adjustment to our schedule.

I had to be there to clock out.

So,I'm working to restock this stuff. I've three items left in my cart, and just as I'm entering an aisle to journey to the last department and stock those items I see a couple walking toward me.

Their hands are full and they're obviously burdened. They were far from the shopping cart dock.
I offered them my cart because the items I had there were small and easily carried to their department.
The couple said they didn't initially grab a cart because they intended to shop for just one thing.

While it bugged me to have to restock stuff because I just wanted to go home, and I would not have been there had I not asked for an early release the hour before,that couple would likely have had to struggle on with their burden.

I really thought that I would be able to handle this, after all, I have been a Christian for over 50 years, surely, I can handle this. There is no doubt in my mind that I am going to a better place and will receive a new body. I am looking forward to being with Jesus, but I am still having trouble coping with this death thing. I can't make any decisions concerning the future, because I don't have a future. I always liked planning ahead, but why do that now? I am having trouble accepting my death.
So, don't.
You're trying to be in control again.
If you've a terminal diagnosis, that seems to be a certainty. And yet, you awaken every day to a new day of living.

You will have an eternal life in future. Why not focus on living moment to moment? As God blessed you with another day.

There is not an expiration date stamped on you. No doctor has a right to tell you to surrender to the fate they diagnose. Even when for the Christian it means eternity with Jesus.
My hospice Chaplin met with me yesterday, I expressed with him my problem. He said to me, "Bob you need to let go" I said to him, "What do you mean let Go?" He said, "you need to let go of this life" and then he said, before Jesus died on the cross, when he was in the garden with his disciples he prayed, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will" Matthew 26:39. And then he said to me. "Jesus wanted the cup of death to pass from him, just like you. But Jesus said, "not as I will, but as you will". What the Chaplin said to me is helping me to accept my death. I am trying to let go.
I don't know what cancer you have. However, God will bring you home when he is ready.
He is in control.

Enjoy your life. Live! Don't give cancer permission to control your focus on its timetable.

Just my thought.
May God bring you joy.
Hug again

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hug

Maybe God is giving you this test so that you learn to let go of your impulse to control things.

"Let go and let God..."

When I do that, consciously choose to relax and follow God's leading, it is fascinating to see how every experience moment to moment provides an opportunity for the next one.

Like, laying down stepping stones. Something happens and then the next thing I know I find myself noticing,having arrived to that very moment, I'm in the right place for something else to occur.

Example. I was restocking merch today before clocking out in my last 15 minutes.
I soooo wanted to leave early but having the early release approved by my manager, I couldn't leave sooner in those 15 minutes because the electronic time clock doesn't clock us out according to that adjustment to our schedule.

I had to be there to clock out.

So,I'm working to restock this stuff. I've three items left in my cart, and just as I'm entering an aisle to journey to the last department and stock those items I see a couple walking toward me.

Their hands are full and they're obviously burdened. They were far from the shopping cart dock.
I offered them my cart because the items I had there were small and easily carried to their department.
The couple said they didn't initially grab a cart because they intended to shop for just one thing.

While it bugged me to have to restock stuff because I just wanted to go home, and I would not have been there had I not asked for an early release the hour before,that couple would likely have had to struggle on with their burden.

So, don't.
You're trying to be in control again.
If you've a terminal diagnosis, that seems to be a certainty. And yet, you awaken every day to a new day of living.

You will have an eternal life in future. Why not focus on living moment to moment? As God blessed you with another day.

There is not an expiration date stamped on you. No doctor has a right to tell you to surrender to the fate they diagnose. Even when for the Christian it means eternity with Jesus.

I don't know what cancer you have. However, God will bring you home when he is ready.
He is in control.

Enjoy your life. Live! Don't give cancer permission to control your focus on its timetable.

Just my thought.
May God bring you joy.
Hug again
Thank you for your concern and your advice.

I know and understand everything that you have said. Problem is that I have never had this experience before, it is new to me. I am trying to cope with the fact that I have no earthly future. The next thing is I don't know when I am going to die, and no one can tell me when. It is like taking a trip, but you don't know when your plane is going to arrive. The hospice nurses tell me that I am 100% terminal. In other words, there is no hope for life. I say when, and they say that they don't know. I guess that I am a little impatient to get it over with. I think that the problem is with me. I have always been in charge. The Lord is in charge now, but I don't have to like it. I remember back in the 70's they would say, "Let go and let God". Sounds good, but it is not that easy, especially when it is your life.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know and understand everything that you have said. Problem is that I have never had this experience before, it is new to me. I am trying to cope with the fact that I have no earthly future. The next thing is I don't know when I am going to die, and no one can tell me when. It is like taking a trip, but you don't know when your plane is going to arrive. The hospice nurses tell me that I am 100% terminal. In other words, there is no hope for life. I say when, and they say that they don't know. I guess that I am a little impatient to get it over with. I think that the problem is with me. I have always been in charge. The Lord is in charge now, but I don't have to like it. I remember back in the 70's they would say, "Let go and let God". Sounds good, but it is not that easy, especially when it is your life.
Robert my dear friend . That is the delusion . read what you wrote again .
You said , I have always been in charge . NO robert that was the problem , YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE .
now you are learning , NONE OF US WERE EVER IN CONTROL , we only might have THOUGHT we were .
YOU are in a good place now . AND ITS time to learn from it as should we all .
WE WERE NEVER IN CONTROL . GOD ALWAYS WAS .

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said , I have always been in control . NO robert that was the problem , YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE .
now you are learning , NONE OF US WERE EVER IN CONTROL , we only might have THOUGHT we were .
That is a nice thought but it is not true. God did not create a bunch of mindless robots. I am the captain of my own ship. I am not going to blame God for all of my sinful mistakes.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a nice thought but it is not true. God did not create a bunch of mindless robots. I am the captain of my own ship. I am not going to blame God for all of my sinful mistakes.
Who said anything about blaming GOD . DID JOB blame GOD when His own error was exposed or did he rather repent .
I never said to blame GOD . Rather let us learn FROM GOD . His work upon us will always be working in us
to form and shape us , to remove our errors and faults from us .
Your concern is what again , that you are not being TOLD when you are gonna die .
WELL my answer to that is , DONT ASK MEN , dont ask the docs , THEY CANNOT ANSWER that question .
They can at most give a best guess and even that has been proved WRONG time and time again .
GOD IS IN CONTROL . THE answer to your question .
WHEN will you die . WELL IF YOU KNOW JESUS YOU NEVER WILL . the body will . as you probably already know that .
SO when will your body die . NOT ONE SECOND BEFORE or ONE SECOND AFTER , GOD DETERMINED .
SO JUST LIVE FOR CHRIST till you are HOME forever with THE KING .

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings in Christ Jesus Robert Pate. By faith I have walked this way for many years. The Lord broke me from self long ago the hard way so that I could fulfill my calling. You know that calling you do not believe in yet. Do you believe in all of Jesus's promises to us His true sons and daughter's. There is one I want you to see and I hope you believe it. When Jesus was still here He promised to send The Comforter(The Holy Spirit) to us. And in this promise He said The Holy Spirit would say what is to come.(What comes next). You said, "when it is your life" My life is no longer my own own but His to do as He pleases. You said mentioned a ship, your ship. While it is our ship, we who are truly born from above have a promised Passenger. What I have done in my life is to lay it all down(For He is Worthy) and allow Him to take control when ever He wants. When He takes control that is when I am in The Spirit, And walking in The Spirit, and Preaching in The Spirit, or prophesying in The Spirit and all the other things you do not believe yet. And yet they are true as He promised it. He always keeps His promises. So what is The Holy Spirit that has taken up residency in those that are truly His. Is it not The Father and The Son( Emanuel, Jesus) in the form of The Holy Spirit. Is anything hidden from His eyes. Does He not know the days of man or did He not see cancer when He created all that is seen and not seen. Will He not come to a son and tell them to get their things(affairs) in order before the time. My cancer He can take in the blink of an eye Robert Pate as He took many infirmities from me in times past. Believe not the words of man Robert Pate, but believe the words on the pages as well as The words of The Holy Spirit within. He is there to lead us and guide us unto all righteousness and home. Blessings!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS had to drink of that cup . IF not , man was doomed .
You might be thinking and believing you are gonna die and thus that is your cup .
BUT remember this well < who TOLD you , you were gonna die , doctors , men , OR GOD .
You dont know . Hezzekiah was healed . Maybe you will , but maybe you wont .
You dont KNOW one way or the other . BUT GOD KNOWS . HE ALWAYS KNOWS .
And i know it might look bleak my friend . maybe your time is up , but maybe IT AINT .
GOD knows . EITHER way , just point to JESUS CHRIST till the last breath my friend .
You know what else . WHAT IF JESUS does return , and i mean WAY SOONER than most realize .
Then it means you would be caught up . so we dont know my friend . WE just dont know .
There is no comparison to the cup that Jesus had to drink and my cup. We will never know what Jesus suffered to redeem us. When we go to heaven Jesus will be there in a physical body. His scars will be a reminder of the price he paid to redeem us.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am on hospice care because I have cancer. I think that I will be gone within a couple of months. I had a massive heart attack a few years ago, but I seem to have recovered from that. I am not sure what I am going to die from or when I am going to die. I have tried to pin down the hospice nurses as to when I am going to die, but they won't give me an answer. I don't like the idea of not knowing when I will die. No one wants to talk about it. I have always been in control of things. When I had my own business, I ran a very tight ship. I was always in control. But now I don't have control of anything, this is very disturbing. This is the worst part of being on hospice care, you have no control.

I really thought that I would be able to handle this, after all, I have been a Christian for over 50 years, surely, I can handle this. There is no doubt in my mind that I am going to a better place and will receive a new body. I am looking forward to being with Jesus, but I am still having trouble coping with this death thing. I can't make any decisions concerning the future, because I don't have a future. I always liked planning ahead, but why do that now? I am having trouble accepting my death.

My hospice Chaplin met with me yesterday, I expressed with him my problem. He said to me, "Bob you need to let go" I said to him, "What do you mean let Go?" He said, "you need to let go of this life" and then he said, before Jesus died on the cross, when he was in the garden with his disciples he prayed, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will" Matthew 26:39. And then he said to me. "Jesus wanted the cup of death to pass from him, just like you. But Jesus said, "not as I will, but as you will". What the Chaplin said to me is helping me to accept my death. I am trying to let go.
Praying for you to have peace of the Lord.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am beginning to think that having cancer is worth it. Never had a closeness or presence of Christ like this in all of my 50 years as a Christian.

The words of the song "The Solid Rock" keep going through my head. "On Christ the solid rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand, when he shall come with trumpet sound , Oh, may I then in him be found".

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said , I have always been in charge . NO robert that was the problem , YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE .
Agreed:
Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

All we have are two choices. One is good and the other is not. That is free will.

Reactions: dev553344

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed:
Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

All we have are two choices. One is good and the other is not. That is free will.
I know that we all have a free will. But I don't want to blame God for some of the stupid mistakes that I have made.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that we all have a free will. But I don't want to blame God for some of the stupid mistakes that I have made.
Neither would I blame God for my own mistakes. When I was walking in ignorance of many things of God, it was one thing. Now, being better informed at least in part, I hope to better. Each of us should be trying to that in accord with what we now know or believe:
Lu 12:48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.